Mixing Slim & Save with Atkins

GEEGEE83

Hi everyone,

I've been on Slim & Save VLCD for 2 weeks now, going well.

I'd like to mix it with Atkins but not sure if this is possible.

I've got My Fitness Pal and I have done a theory day of the mix;

Ended up with;

Fat - 85g
Carbs - 41g
Protein - 114g

The split was 55% Fat, 33% Protein, 12% Carbs.

The shakes are 15g Carbs each, which seems to be from sugars, so not sure if they are suitable or not.

On the VLCD diet I was in Ketosis at 61g of carbs per day.

Does anyone know if I can mix them? Say a shake for breakfast, bacon & eggs for lunch, shake mid afternoon, Fish and Veg for dinner. Obviously tracking carbs etc.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what you gain by mixing them in this way? What benefit are you hoping to get from it? Surely it'd be better to just eat Atkins style and have an atkins snack instead of a shake, that way you keep your carbs low, lower carbs = more weightloss. S&S is all about reducing calories more than carbs, if i was going to combine the two in any way then i'd probably primarily be on S&S with a small Atkins type meal for those moments when i just can't handle not eating food. I'd think if you want to eat shakes then you'd be better off having a pure protein style shake with your Atkins meals instead of S&S which is high carb, i have shakes from myprotein.com every so often when i feel the need to have something different or am really pushed for time... they have around 2g in a serving which is much better.

Not hoping to gain anything as such, I just like both diets and want to combine them as I like the shakes for breakfast but sometimes want the choice of a chicken salad for lunch, or fish for dinner.

Unfortunately the (comparatively) high sugar in the s&s packs isn't at all compatible with Atkins.

As Losingit says, if you do want to combine then the best way to do it is to do it 'add a meal' style by having your daily S&S allowance plus a small low calorie, low fat, low carb meal.

Doing it the other way round, ie trying to use S&S packs while doing Atkins won't work. You don't want to be mixing fat and sugar.

Thank you both for replying! :)

I'll stick with the S&S for now then as I have 4 weeks worth of packs and I would like a faster loss.. been interesting reading about Atkins and I am sure I will be using it for maintenance when S&S is finished.

Back