Mixing VLCD Shakes

Neverendingdiet

I have quite a few Cambridge, Exante & Slim& Save shakes & bars as anyone else used different shakes to get rid of them and managed to lose weight?

I've used a mixture of shakes and the calorie / carb content are largely the same so I don't see that it makes much of a difference.

yes I have used target slim, slim & save and Lipotrim and they all work fine together, i dont think brand matters as long as they are vlcd hun x

I don't think that it matters at all. As long as they are vlcd products, u should be fine. Good luck.

I buy the kee diet bars from eBay because they are bigger.
As the ladies said above, all vlcd so it is fine. Make sure you take the multi vitamins so you are getting the full coverage.

Thank you all so much for replies. I have done 3 products for the last 6 days and will be weighing in tomorrow!. I usually do a lot of exercise but not managed any last week other my 2-3 30 min dogs walks (and they took it out of me).
Thanks again and hope you all have a good week.

worth noting that exante products have more cals (200 each) than CD - you might want to spread them out, one a day.

Grateful for some advice please - I am on Lipotrim but am also using some S&S meal bars or spag bol or cottage pie as alternatives as find bars excellent when travelling for work and love the added variety of meals to LT products alone. Always stick to just 3 products each day so by my reckoning this should be ok - strong showing of ketosis when pharmacist checks urine sample at each weigh in too - just interested if anyone knows any different as I would hate to jeopardise my weight loss.
Thanks

I don't think these should affect your losses to be honest although probably the LT resellers will tell you differently. If the 3 products you use are supposed to be used on a 3 per day VLCD and they are keeping you in ketosis I don't see a problem personally. You might want to check the % RDA for vitamins and minerals of the packs to ensure that the 3 you choose are giving you your 100% RDA each day, and take a multivit / mineral supplement if not.

I did Lipotrim 6 years ago and I find the S&S flavours and variety much more palatable.

I am so pleased there are people doing the same as me. I am mainly dietimeal shakes, soups and cottage pie. But I also have some CD shakes and Atkins MRP bars. I am going to do these all for the next 2 months (as I have 2 months worth). I also take Boots multivitamin that is specifically for those on a calorie controlled diet.

After that may go back to my beloved Exante, which I loved so much when I did it last year.

How is progress going for everyone?

This is a relatively quiet forum and we sure don't have as many people as the Exante forum. We have a few people who have been doing it for about 3 months or more and quite a few people who are in their first month. It's a friendly forum tho and no one really minds what mix of shakes people are doing. The main thing is that we support each other and help each other understand the ethos and science behind a VLCD so that people can understand the inportance of staying in ketosis and help to keep on track.

I'm doing ok, with some days better than others like most diets, and wishing it would come off faster :).

What would you say the average weekly loss is on a low carb diet, and is there any calorie counting at all, or is it simply counting carbs?

Just noticed how tall you are, even taller than the one guy on this forum!

Thank you for that. Nice to just be able to mix and talk with others.

I am very tall lol

Low carb for me tends to be average of 2-3 lbs a week after the first months bigger losses. No calorie counting. Once you get used to what 20g of carbs look like, you don't have to count anymore. It's a shame my body protests against it now, as I love it. But I also love VLCD lol. Think I love anything that cuts out my trigger foods lol

I think 20g of carbs a day would do my head in a little as I think I would only be eating protein and I do want to eat more non starchy veggies etc. than Atkins allows and probably some fruit when I'm done with the VLCD. I'm thinking of trying to do a mix of low GI foods and calorie counting but watch the carbs as I know that foods thay make me hungry and result in overeating are things like bread, pasta and rice.

Still, for the time being it's a case of what foodpack shall I have next. lol. :)

You may want to look at a ook like 'The Healthy Low GI Low Carb Diet' By Dr Charles Clarke and Maureen Clarke.

Dr Clarke tends to allow for a lot more carbs. This diet incorporates the low GI principles too.

Or even something like the South Beach diet.

(I think this is evidence of my mispent adult life lol)

I forgot to also say that Atkins Maintanance stage is a lot more carbs a day than the induction stage. 20g is is initial weight loss stage :)

Back