Mixing WW and SW

Yoyo dieter

Combining low GI and CC
Just stumbled upon this thread. In desperation I'm actually doing the two diets simultaneously as of this week. I've lost the grand total of 7lbs on SW over 10 months so have resorted to extreme measures. I'm following the principles of SW with the portion control of ww. So for example, I had the following:

TUESDAY -*red
Weetabix and milk HEA HEB (4)
Milk for tea half HEA2 (1)
Banana
Chicken and veg n gravy 1 (7)
Cheese 5.5 (3)
Weetabix n milk HEB2, half HEA2 (4)
1 litre water
6.5 syns*
(19 WW pp)

Let's see if any weight budges!

Just stumbled upon this thread. In desperation I'm actually doing the two diets simultaneously as of this week. I've lost the grand total of 7lbs on SW over 10 months so have resorted to extreme measures. I'm following the principles of SW with the portion control of ww. So for example, I had the following:

TUESDAY -*red
Banana
Cheese 5.5 (3)
1 litre water
6.5 syns*
(19 WW pp)

thats ringing alarm bells with me, why would you need to do this ? your not 'actually' following SW plan are you whilst doing it this way? so its not a fair comparison of any of the plans if you arent doing them properly! your not eating anything the plans suggest?

Last edited:
Yoyo dieter said:

TUESDAY -*red
Banana
Cheese 5.5 (3)
1 litre water
6.5 syns*
(19 WW pp)

Doesn't look like WW to me. You've not used all your pp (which are a minimum of 26!)
Doesnt look much like SW to me either.

Maybe a different day's menu will be more representative of either of those plans.

thats ringing alarm bells with me, why would you need to do this ? your not 'actually' following SW plan are you whilst doing it this way? so its not a fair comparison of any of the plans if you arent doing them properly! your not eating anything the plans suggest?

I totally agree. I doubt you'll be getting a balanced diet either.

To be totally blunt, if you only lost 7lbs over 10 months, you couldn't have been following the plan properly.

I totally agree. I doubt you'll be getting a balanced diet either.

To be totally blunt, if you only lost 7lbs over 10 months, you couldn't have been following the plan properly.

I could really do with some advice as I think I've got myself in a struggling rut the past few weeks, just out of frustration really. The first week on SW was a bit of a shocker as I put on 5lbs in seven days. I think I've been confused ever since! If any of you could have a look at my food diary and give me some pointers, I would be so grateful. http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/203300-hayulp-hayulp-21.html#post4384182

having just glanced at your diary, it all seems a little erratic hun. dont take offence with my honesty it is meant with the best intentions! forget the pp bit, forget mixing and matching. stick to the plan and stick to it for a period of time to see results. you do seem to be switching and swapping and not doing it right, you wont get results like that, you need to be honest and patient.

and 2.5 syns a day wont help, and you cant really honestly syn food when you eat out only because you dont know what ingredients etc have gone into it, assuming the cheese is a hex A is possibly a challenge too far.

I see you only ever had 10lb to lose.you are 5 foot five and starting weight was 9 stone 10, are you sure you need to lose ???

and 2.5 syns a day wont help, and you cant really honestly syn food when you eat out only because you dont know what ingredients etc have gone into it, assuming the cheese is a hex A is possibly a challenge too far.

I see you only ever had 10lb to lose.you are 5 foot five and starting weight was 9 stone 10, are you sure you need to lose ???

I agree that eating out is a nightmare and just a guess of the lesser of evils sometimes. I haven't really got much to lose and part of it might be age and that your metabolism 'can' slow down a tad. I was 9st for years and carrying just a bit more than you're used to can feel a bit uncomfortable. I do a lot of running etc but seem to have hit a stubborn plateau.

Btw, you have all done amazing on SW with impressive results. Inspirational! Note to self: must be more patient :)

Should this not be...Note to self: Stick to SW? :D

Btw, you have all done amazing on SW with impressive results. Inspirational! Note to self: must be more patient :)

and remember....from the start scorpio lady had more weight to lose than you (88lbs more from her stats) it is slower to come off, especially if your body feels it needs to hang on to it. you will not see big or fast results when you have small amounts to lose.

be patient and consistent before pressuming its not working *wags finger*

and remember....from the start scorpio lady had more weight to lose than you (88lbs more from her stats)

Only 53lbs left to lose not 88lbs...Phew..gave me quite a turn there! :faint2:

yoyo dieter you do not alot to lose either maybe you could reassess your goal. At my slimmest i was a size 10 but 9st 7 and i so wanted to be 8st something but my body would just not budge. Maybe your body has found its ideal weight

yoyo dieter you do not alot to lose either maybe you could reassess your goal. At my slimmest i was a size 10 but 9st 7 and i so wanted to be 8st something but my body would just not budge. Maybe your body has found its ideal weight

I have a feeling that you might be right. I'd love to be in the 8s but I don't think I could sustain it.

Yoyo dieter said:

TUESDAY -*red
Banana
Cheese 5.5 (3)
1 litre water
6.5 syns*
(19 WW pp)

I'm not going to go over the whole thing about mixing plans, that's all been said. I will comment on the food though, based on SW

If you are struggling to lose I would recommend you do 1 or all of the following.

1) eat more super free - have some super free for breakfast, lunch & dinner. 1/3rd of your plate, regardless of the plan you are following that day. Thats how you control your portions.

2) Follow extra easy. You eat less cereal & dairy as you don't have 2 HeB & HeA's. Some people just can't eat that much wheat based products without it affecting their weight loss. I can't eat bread for example

3) replace the banana with a super-speed fruit or veg like berries or grapefruit.

4) Make sure you weigh your healthy extras and syns - don't guess!

5) make sure that you aren't counting peas and sweet corn as super free - they aren't & they aren't free on a red day.

6) try some spicy foods - chilli is good for the metabolism.

I didn't read all of this thread so if it's been covered forgive me. you weigh 130lbs. That's a perfectly reasonable and healthy weight for someone of 5 foot 5. If you want your clothes to fit better, do some exercise and don't combine diet plans. Just eat healthily, avoid stodge and takeaways and get your metabolism moving. xx

I'm not going to go over the whole thing about mixing plans, that's all been said. I will comment on the food though, based on SW

If you are struggling to lose I would recommend you do 1 or all of the following.

1) eat more super free - have some super free for breakfast, lunch & dinner. 1/3rd of your plate, regardless of the plan you are following that day. Thats how you control your portions.

2) Follow extra easy. You eat less cereal & dairy as you don't have 2 HeB & HeA's. Some people just can't eat that much wheat based products without it affecting their weight loss. I can't eat bread for example

3) replace the banana with a super-speed fruit or veg like berries or grapefruit.

4) Make sure you weigh your healthy extras and syns - don't guess!

5) make sure that you aren't counting peas and sweet corn as super free - they aren't & they aren't free on a red day.

6) try some spicy foods - chilli is good for the metabolism.

I've invested in a load of superfree and superspeed food this morning. I actually tried EE for a month initially but struggled with portion control. I'm my own worst enemy, lol. I find that doing more old style red days seems to keep me fuller for longer. May revisit it with a sensible head. WW has the advantage of having portion control but feels too much like a diet. My heart prefers the healthier lifestyle logic of SW

Back