mmmm bp tablets

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ronniejacobs, 25 June 2009 Social URL.

1. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well went to dr this morning and bp was 150/100 so am back on tablets. will try agian to come off them in antoher 2 stone lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's not good, surely it should have dropped? Sometimes if they use a normal size cuff and you have a larger arm you get a false reading (as i have learned from personal experience). I've lost a stone and my BP has gone from 140/100 to 100/70(apparently that's a bit low now!) but i do go to the gym 2/3 times a week. get them to do in a couple of weeks for you again.

4. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have to get linked to the 24 hr montior every 6 months as it goes sky high each time I go to the doctors!

not so high but border line over the 24 hours

x

5. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    no i think its also stress related and poss hereditory. still try again soon

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Sorry to say this chick but losing 3 stone made no difference whatsoever to my bp!! Losing weight won't necessarily alter your bp if it is not weight related.

Don't be too dispondent to be on tablets, they are there to prevent you from having a stroke. As long as your bp is under control it doens't matter if you have to take pills to do so. I know it's a pain and I've beaten myself up about it as I don't see why my bp should be high!

Believe me, I've been through a lot of tests etc to try and get mine under control and I'm not overweight, I don't smoke, I exercise, I don't eat processed foods and it was still very high!!

Finally its under control but I have to take a shed load of pills on a daily basis to keep it that way.

It's a bit of a waffle but what I am saying is that if your bp reduces from losing weight then that's fantastic but it may not help.

Jay xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.