Mmmm Yummy syn free pancakes

This recipe sounds FAB... Was gonna try it this morning but don't have any vanilla essence, anyone made it with just the egg+sweetener or should I hold off until I get to the shop this afternoon?

I will have to get some sweetener in to give these a go, I'm looking for new breakfast idea's and these sound great!

I'm off to go and buy some sweetener so that I can try these!! People are so creative, I need to get my thinking hat on! xx

omg just found this recipe on here sounds Delicious!!! im loving this website and actually loving slimming world :) roll on the inner slim me coming out soon xx

Just tried making these. Came out as very interesting tasting omelette, but no pancakyness for me :eek:( did I do something wrong? Maybe I didn't whisk the egg white long enough??

~JoJo~ said:
Just tried making these. Came out as very interesting tasting omelette, but no pancakyness for me :eek:( did I do something wrong? Maybe I didn't whisk the egg white long enough??

You need to make them as thin a possible-otherwise they will just be a sweet omelette!

well I have just done 2 batches of these for the whole family. The first pancake was lovely, the second and third pancakes were ok. The last batch was gross.

So the first batch I overly whisked the white and then spooned the froth on the pan. By the second and third pancake it had lost its fluff a bit and had to be spread more.

The last batch I didn't whisk anywhere near enough.

So in future I will use 3 bowls if doing it for the family. 1 with the egg whites in (whisk whisk and whisk more!). one with the yolk and essence. Then another for mixing. for example 4 pancakes, take a 1/4 of white, add sweetner, then 1/4 yolk mix and straight in the pan.

Result fluffy pancakes that taste some what like pancakes!!

Sweet Cheeks said:
Hi, guys
I have just made the most delicious syn free pancakes :drool: and they are sooo easy to make All you need is:
1 Egg per pancake
2-3 Teaspoons sweetener (depending on own taste)
3-4 Drops of vanilla essence

First seperate the white from the yolk and put into separate bowls, Whisk the egg white until fluffy and add the sweetener, In the other bowl add the vanilla essence then fold the yolk into the egg white
Heat a frying pan with frylight, add the mix and spread as you would a normal pancake after a few mins flip over (But do be careful they are much more delicate than a regular pancake) And then Hey presto scrummy syn free pancakes

All you need to do is add some strawberries or banana whatever takes ya fancy

Believe me they are gorgeous ive just made one for my partner and he loved it xx

I was just wondering if you could use a Similar method for Yorkshire puddings? I Will defo be trying these though they sound brilliant x

I am so tempted to try these RIGHT NOW! I'm off to bed before I let myself get a frying pan out! Anyone else tried it yet? I'm so interested to see how it goes!

Made these last week & they were yummy! I had some sweetened quark on top with some frozen berries I'd thawed in the microwave. Delicious.

Anybody located chocolate Philadelphia yet? Let me know if you do, can't wait to smear it all over syn free pancakes. I hear its 3.5 syns for 35g which must be a massive spoonful! X

These sound lovely, Tesco have the choccy philly, it's soo nice, I was thinking of making a cheesecake with it with alpenhorn light bar. Think I'll be having some of these pancakes at weekend x

Back