mmmmmm mousse

bo_lady

Just made the perfect mousse!!
Ive made 2 before, one lumpy and one runny!

This one is spot on and truly delish!!!!

Butterscotch (aka angel delight)

HAHAHA have to agree there!! I've yet to make a bad one though...so, been quite lucky!! They are yummy and filling - I had a chocolate one last night...was gorgeous!! I want to try making a vanilla one!! =o)

Hi, I had my first mousse today. Thought the taste was lovely but it was slightly lumpy. I used my electric whisk followed by the blender attachment.

Any tips for a lump free mousse please?

Thanks in advance

Hey,
How do u make it? Do u make sure the water is ice cold?
I have water in the fridge all the time so use that if not then put it in the freezer for a bit.
I then put the mix a mousse powder and shake pack together and mix them up with a fork so that u dont get any gelatine lumps. Then add that with the water to my blender and blend for about 3-4 mins and then put it in the fridge fro about 10 mins.
Its perfect!!!

JUst had a Chocolate Mint shake followed by a Buttercotch Mousse Bl**dy lovely....I always put the water in the freezer for a while to make sure it is very cold and make mousse up the same as bo lady..works a treat...

Hey,
How do u make it? Do u make sure the water is ice cold?
I have water in the fridge all the time so use that if not then put it in the freezer for a bit.
I then put the mix a mousse powder and shake pack together and mix them up with a fork so that u dont get any gelatine lumps. Then add that with the water to my blender and blend for about 3-4 mins and then put it in the fridge fro about 10 mins.
Its perfect!!!

Hi, thanks for your replies bo_lady and maggie ray.

I chill the water in the freezer for 30 mins first. I then mix the gelatine and shake powder, add the water then whisk and blend.

I will trying using the fork first and hopefully this will rid of the lumps.

Thanks for your tips!

I make my mousse in a jug mix it with the hand blender , then strain it into the bowl through a tea strainer this way there no lumps in my mousse Hope this helps cherry xxx

Thanks Cherry, I'll see how the fork thing works but may try the strainer if I still have lumps.

Back