mmmmmm mousse

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by bo_lady, 29 August 2007 Social URL.

1. bo_lady

bo_lady Full Member

Just made the perfect mousse!!
    Ive made 2 before, one lumpy and one runny!

This one is spot on and truly delish!!!!

Butterscotch (aka angel delight)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Spanglyrainbow

Spanglyrainbow Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    HAHAHA have to agree there!! I've yet to make a bad one, been quite lucky!! They are yummy and filling - I had a chocolate one last night...was gorgeous!! I want to try making a vanilla one!! =o)
  4. FitAndTrim

FitAndTrim Full Member

Hi, I had my first mousse today. Thought the taste was lovely but it was slightly lumpy. I used my electric whisk followed by the blender attachment.

Any tips for a lump free mousse please?

Thanks in advance
  5. bo_lady

bo_lady Full Member

How do u make it? Do u make sure the water is ice cold?
    I have water in the fridge all the time so use that if not then put it in the freezer for a bit.
    I then put the mix a mousse powder and shake pack together and mix them up with a fork so that u dont get any gelatine lumps. Then add that with the water to my blender and blend for about 3-4 mins and then put it in the fridge fro about 10 mins.
    Its perfect!!!
  6. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

JUst had a Chocolate Mint shake followed by a Buttercotch Mousse Bl**dy lovely....I always put the water in the freezer for a while to make sure it is very cold and make mousse up the same as bo a treat...
  7. FitAndTrim

FitAndTrim Full Member

Hi, thanks for your replies bo_lady and maggie ray.

I chill the water in the freezer for 30 mins first. I then mix the gelatine and shake powder, add the water then whisk and blend.

I will trying using the fork first and hopefully this will rid of the lumps.

Thanks for your tips!
  8. cherry23

cherry23 Member

I make my mousse in a jug mix it with the hand blender , then strain it into the bowl through a tea strainer this way there no lumps in my mousse Hope this helps cherry xxx
  9. FitAndTrim

FitAndTrim Full Member

Thanks Cherry, I'll see how the fork thing works but may try the strainer if I still have lumps.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.