Mobile upgrade

jayde1148

Gold Member
Going into town later to upgrade from a very old phone and was thinking of the Desire HD. Does anyone have it and recommend or any other thoughts??? I don't want to make the mistake like last time of going for a phone that within 2 years was completely outdated and couldn't do the things I wanted!

Thats the one i want my upgrade is due in may !!!!

Hey. I have the Desire, but not the HD one, and it's a great phone! Had it since November. Easy to use once you get your head round it, and I can't see it becoming that outdated in 2 years time, but only time will tell! As far as I'm aware, it's incredibly popular, and they had sold out of them for months. The HD one could only be better in my mind :)

Tinytootz said:
Hey. I have the Desire, but not the HD one, and it's a great phone! Had it since November. Easy to use once you get your head round it, and I can't see it becoming that outdated in 2 years time, but only time will tell! As far as I'm aware, it's incredibly popular, and they had sold out of them for months. The HD one could only be better in my mind :)

Thanks! X

No idea, could well be. As far as I know, the Desire is the best non-Iphone mobile on the market, but as I don't work in that sector, I can only go by reviews and what I've read :(

Or there's always a blackberry!

might be a good one to go for after all.. it has a built in FM radio... so that should save on data costs.. though at £35 a month on 3 with "all you can eat" data, then internet radio is an option too I suppose..

ive got nokia n8 and love it. i think that htc has a bigger screen though. but n8 is fabby. i use it for everything now. i was bidding on a house in hometown through council, forgot postcode to have a lil look at it so while parked in car found it online, put it into my sat nav on my n8 and found it lol brill. :D

Im a bit useless techno wise so I tend to go for Nokia basic phones easy to use.:D So Im not much help

My friend has the HTC desire and she loves it. I've had a play around with it and it seems like a fantastic phone - I take it the one you are looking at is the newer generation of that?

I've heard loads of good reports about it, so I'd say got for it :D

I have an iPhone4 which I absolutely love, it has/does everything I need and more - the only drawback is the monthly bill :( Luckily as of next month I can 'downgrade' my contract with o2 which will make it about £10 a month cheaper.

The only other 'recent' phone I have experience of is the BlackBerry which I have as a work phone and I'm really not a fan of them so wouldn't recommend that.

I'm going to treat myself to the Desire HD when I've got a few spare pennies. My other half has it and loves it - it seems to do everything and then some! The camera and video recording on it is absolutely brilliant, as you'd expect from something 'HD'. He assures me it's the best on the market at the moment, better than the iPhone, Nokia etc - though of course he would say that! I believe there's an upgrade on the Android software coming out very soon though, so might be worth waiting until that's out?

Only issue with it for me is the size, it's massive!! But then, I suppose that's the way phones are going now!!

Thanx everyone,

I took the plunge and am replying with my desire HD! Have to say I am impressed so far and got a good deal for 25 a month 300 mins unlimited texts and 500mb all plenty for me! X

Thanx everyone,

I took the plunge and am replying with my desire HD! Have to say I am impressed so far and got a good deal for 25 a month 300 mins unlimited texts and 500mb all plenty for me! X

That's really good, where was that from? Did you have to pay out for the phone as well or was it all included, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi Laura

It was from carphone warehouse on an Orange contract, I paid 50 for the phone but you can get it free for 35 a month I think it was but they have loads of deals not advertised and you can go through the deals with them on their computer x

Hi Laura

It was from carphone warehouse on an Orange contract, I paid 50 for the phone but you can get it free for 35 a month I think it was but they have loads of deals not advertised and you can go through the deals with them on their computer x

Thanks, will have to pay them a visit!! Was looking at paying £100 then £22 a month after that, so will be shopping around a bit more I think!

I've been told I can have the Iphone 5 upgrade free in September (I think it was). Nothing wrong with the 4 and I'd sooner keep the 4 and downgrade the £35 to £10 or change provider.

Out of interest, I found the BB better for business application and the Iphone for leisure - exceptions to both of course.

HTC are great phones, Android is pretty cool too. Trouble is, none of them are future-proof.

I've heard a rumour some of them even make calls:D

Maximus said:
Out of interest, I found the BB better for business application and the Iphone for leisure - exceptions to both of course.

I've heard a rumour some of them even make calls:D

The BB doesn't have as many games etc app wise but it's not just business ones. I use my BB for personal use and have the kind of apps I feel I need for my phone things like FB, twitter, shazzam, a weight loss one and trainline. Mind you I do like my personalised text alerts and flashing coloured LEDs lol

The other ones I have are I suppose functional rather than fun but I have to admit that's what I prefer for my phone

My BB feels a more 'grown up' phone than any I've had before

Back