Mods: Is is possible to remove the likes bar?

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi,

I was just wondering whether it's possible to remove/hide the like bar at the top of posts that have been liked? Just for me I mean as I wouldn't want others to miss out :) It frustrates me that I often can't click on my subscribed threads or new likes received without going all around the houses (the bar gets in the way)!

Or is there another way to access subscribed threads etc?

Sorry, I'm a grumpy so and so!! :)

Not sure what you mean by the like bar???

I don't even see that on my phone! The advertising box always gets in my way as I have a lil Netbook but I'm used to it nnow

Thanks for raising this Dudette - this bugs me too :eek:

You receive a lovely Like message so you click on it to see who has liked something you have said then the drop down box covers your Subscription short-cut!

I have to open a random link on the top line to get rid of it then link back into Subscribed threads ... there was no problem until the Like system was introduced :(

Minor niggle but worth raising ;)

I can see the Likes bar (although I never noticed it until I read this thread), but it is well below the blue bar with the links, etc., in it. If I click on the Likes bar the list of likes appears, but it doesn't obscure anything important, and anyway it disappears again if I click anywhere else on the page.

Me too. Dudette, what browser are you using? Works fine for me in Chrome but I have experienced other problems (not this problem) using Firefox.

In Firefox I can't even write a message as whatever I write it just says:

"The following errors occurred with your submission:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.
"

I did email them but they didn't seem very bothered, they just told me to try a different browser :confused:

In the end my b/f looked at it and said it was a Javascript error. If I go into Preferences, disable Javascript and reload it works fine in Firefox - but obviously that's useless for websites I *need* Javascript on for.

So I have to use Chrome to access Minimins only which is a pain in the ass as I much prefer Firefox.

Bad web programming.

Thanks for raising this Dudette - this bugs me too :eek:

You receive a lovely Like message so you click on it to see who has liked something you have said then the drop down box covers your Subscription short-cut!

I have to open a random link on the top line to get rid of it then link back into Subscribed threads ... there was no problem until the Like system was introduced :(

Minor niggle but worth raising ;)

I'm so glad somebody else knows what I'm talking about! I was starting to think I was going mental, lol! :)

Me too. Dudette, what browser are you using? Works fine for me in Chrome but I have experienced other problems (not this problem) using Firefox.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.
"

I did email them but they didn't seem very bothered, they just told me to try a different browser :confused:

In the end my b/f looked at it and said it was a Javascript error. If I go into Preferences, disable Javascript and reload it works fine in Firefox - but obviously that's useless for websites I *need* Javascript on for.

So I have to use Chrome to access Minimins only which is a pain in the ass as I much prefer Firefox.

Bad web programming.

I'm using Internet Explorer - the latest version, whichever it is :)

"

Bad web programming.

I am bothered :)

My problem is I cannot solve every problem across the dozens of browsers and each of their versions.

I use firefox, opera, internet explorer and chrome frequently and I do not see the issue regarding the javascript and the text box.

I do know it exists but as for reproducing the problem in order to fix it, which I am unable to do. I have some people where it exists one moment and then it disappears the next.

Its nice and neat to be able to say "Bad web programming", but it is not as simple as that. The forum software its self is one of the most popular software for forums on the internet. If they have not received reports with steps to reproduce the problem then I have a very very small chance of finding it with 3-4 people reporting the issue to me :)

What you could try is going to this page:

http://www.minimins.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll all the way down and change the editor type, Basic/Standard and Enhanced.

I do have good news, which is that I am hoping to upgrade the forums in the future to the latest and greatest which comes with a brand new editor interface.

I'm so glad somebody else knows what I'm talking about! I was starting to think I was going mental, lol! :)

I know there is a problem in internet explorer, the likes bar goes all the way across, when it should look like a small button top right.

I cannot disable it for individual users.

However I cannot see how it covers up the thread tools to subscribe to a thread.

And when I take my mouse off of it in Internet Explorer 9, it disappears.

Pierce

Back