Monarch's diary

Keep it up Monarch, you are doing really well.

I've noticed I can smell so much more since starting on the LT. I'm only on day 5, but already it seems the world is a much smellier place. Not only delicious smells and foodie smells (which I seem to be able to enjoy without feeling tempted), but also whiffy, nasty niffs!
The tram home this evening was a little unpleasant!

Oh, I'm a serial weigher too. can't start the day without a little motivating peek!

Last edited:
SandraB you are a hero. I am now not tempted by ham anymore so you've done me a favour too!
Hula Moo - I have been smelling everything. Yesterday I made my daughter hold open a packet of spicy nik naks so I could sniff them. Our senses must be hightened. I bet lots of things - like ham! - would taste different now.

Today has been better than yesterday. Not as hungry and lots of trips to the loo. I think that I loose more weight when I drink and wee a lot. I was at a meeting today at work and I had a black coffee and declined the buscuits. I was so proud of myself and smiled all the way home. I am missing a party tonight and my husband has gone with my son but it is easier for me to miss it rather than stare at the buffet all evening. It is my sister in law and she is a brilliant cook but she has done lipotrim and lost loads of weight so she understands.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

It's funny but I have slowed down in weight loss this week despite being 100%. Watching other people's diaries I have seen that others have a difficult week every so often. I had friends round yesterday and managed to cook for everyone. It was hard but I was proud of myself. I've just started fruit teas to stop boredom and that seems to be working too.

I have finally ridden my horse and it was great. I just walked and will build up speed but it felt so great to be back!

I think my fruit teas may have stopped the weight loss. Does anyone know if this is right?

I think as fruit teas can contain sugar they are best avoided as they can obviously take you out of ketosis! I believe mint and green teas are ok!! Grim but ok!! :O)

So grim! I've got Earl Grey today so I am trying that. I am also coming down with a cold so I am now trying to find out which medication I can take.

I'm having a spa day tomorrow - my sister's hen weekend. It includes a big meal so I will have to stay away at lunchtime. I'm gutted. On the plus side I got into a pair of size 20 jeans today for Jeans for Gene's day at school. At the start I was a size 26.

What an achievement Monarch.. You have done really well x x x

So have you. I have so much still to lose and it seems like a long road at times. Thanks for your support. x

What an amazing day. I went to a spa for the day with a group of girls and had so much fun. I had a swim etc and a massage and sat around chatting all day. I feel released from the food cycle. I didn't think about food so much at all. It gives me time to concentrate on other things.

The day included lunch and it killed me not to have it when I paid for it but I was so good and I stayed in the chill out room with a shake and a book while they went for lunch. The others couldn't believe it and I was so proud of myself.

I didn't drink as much water today so I think I will try to catch up tonight and drink myself silly. I bet I will spend all night back and forth to the loo!

Great post, well done! It really helps to do something other than dwell on food doesn't it?

It really does. I think I'll try to keep busy every weekend because that is the time that it feels so hard.

Weekends are hard arent then hun? Just think what weekends will be like when we can wear our skinny clothes and go out socially knowing we look great ! Not long now :) xxx

I know. You must look fantastic after loosing over 50lbs. Does everyone make a fuss of you? I bet you have a whole new wardrobe of clothes to wear.

I have had a few people notice so far but I have such a long way to go. I am thinking about having another month on tfr before going on to refeed. That way I can start eating slowly. I hope the weight stays off.

Yeah its great, my whole family keep telling me i look amazing, and we have had lots of Birthday parties so lots of photos taken and I feel like Ive won the lottery and I havent finished yet ! lol I have been through all my sizes and now had to buy a couple of new bits but i dont want to buy too much because they just arent going to fit. You are doing really well huni xxx

I felt great today. We had the school photographer in and we did staff photos. I usually hate mine being taken but I didn't mind today and it wasn't bad. My husband said that I should look at it next to my last one to see the difference. I think you actually can see it. It is the first time I have noticed really.

Daisy - It is so funny going through sizes so quickly. I have a wardrobe in every size but I really want to buy something new. Everytime I think about it I think "no, wait a while!" I would love to be a size 16. I started as a 26 and I am a 20/22 now so not too long hopefully.

Spent most of today in my wardrobe. I've thrown out larger clothes and tried on lots that fit. I am so thrilled to have lost 7lb this week. School has been really busy and I have ridden my lovely horse twice this week so I think that helped. My photos are starting to look better and I can acually tell the difference now. I've been thinking about plucking up the courage to load them but I am not sure how.

I am now 1lb off the 2 1/2 mark now so I hope to be able to put up my next goal soon.

Hi
Isn't it fantastic. I can't find your diary. Which one is it?

Funny day today. I just needed something different so I bought some lolly ice holders and made up a choc shake. It made 4 large lollies and is in the freezer. I think I will actually rush home from school tomorrow looking forward to them.

I had my shakes late today as I slept in and I feel hungrier than ever. I wonder ifcame out of ketosis this morning while having a lie in!

I'm so much more energetic. I actually suggested walking the dog tonight and the weather was lovely. We went for a long walk and I kept up with my OH and the kids no problem. I would usually fall behind, asking them to slow down for me.

Planning ahead I have a work meal that I have to attend early Nov. We are going to an Indian restaurant so I need to plan ahead. Has anyone ever had to do that? Do you know what I should eat and how I can fit it into my diet. I have been 100% now for 40 days.

I was convinced noone had noticed and it was getting me down but my mum noticed today and this made me feel great.

Wow - I'm hungry tonight. Must hit the water .......

Back