Monarch's diary

Well done for pushing through it, I am very impressed!!

Well prepare for another moan! Woke up this morning feeling worse than ever. Temp was 39.6 after paracetamol so I phones the local out of hours docs and got an appointment. I now have a chest infection as well as flu and I've got antibiotics. Does anyone know if it's ok to carry on with the programme?

I asked the doctor and she didn't seem to understand. She said that the lipotrim tablets will upset my stomach with the antibiotics!!! I was too poorly to ask her anymore so I gave up.

Im sorry to hear you arent well hun, Its tough enough without getting poorly. I was on antibiotics weeks ago and it didnt affect my losses so I think you will be fine. Get well soon xxx

Yep, antibiotics will be fine. Had 2 courses since starting Lipotrim (yep, in 6 weeks :sigh: - tooth and ear infections). Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks you two. How is it going for you at the moment Daisy? I can't check on your diary to see how you are.

Oh how rubbish Monarch, I hope you feel better very quickly. xx

Thanks Bren. Have a good day at school.

I'm still off and feel sooo poorly but did manage to stagger to the scales and found that I had hit my 3 stone mark so I can spend between now and payday selecting my next charm for my bracelet. I wonder if the jelly teddy charm will make me hungry?

I still feel quite postive about LT. My OH went to the chemist for the packs yesterday and heard the chemist saying how rubbish it was and how everyone puts the weight back on as soon as they eat. It freaked me out a bit as I really, really don't want to do that after all this but I think really that the chemist was just being negative. After all there are loads of people on the forum who haven't. I KNOW I will give refeed and maint 100% so I'm not as worried now.

I can see now that a 72lb loss is not impossible. I thought at the beginning that I would never make it. Even when I finish I will have a bmi of 35.5 but it beats 50! I am really short and naturally curvy so I don't look right at the really low bmi. I would be about a size 6 as well. I do think the bmi charts are a bit harsh. My OH even shows up as over weight and he's definately not.
Have a good day everyone.

Could today get harder. The antibiotics have given me a really upset stomach and the shakes are going right through me. Does anyone know if I should stick with it or refeed? I have 6 days of antibiotics left.

Went to the doctors this morning. I've got new antibiotics and feel loads better. The doctor said I need to come off LT until I am better. I had food at lunch and tea (the refeed food) but was so sick this evening. I think my body has had a shock. I am planning to do this for a week and then either do 100% again or if I continue to lose weight I may just use the maintenence plan.

Hope everyone is doing ok. I may go on to the other forum to avoid talking about food.

Don't feel you have to go just because you're talking about food - this is what our diaries are for! I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. Maybe you could have the shakes twice a day and eat a meal once a day to give your body chance to cope? Plenty of people don't eat at all when they're this poorly - at least with the LT shakes you're still getting essential nutrients.

Take care of yourself - I hope that hubby's spoiling you!!

Oh, and re: BMI charts - I totally agree. As I'm 5'6" my 'normal' BMI is between about 8st 10 and 11st 1. Well, at 11st 5lbs (my lowest adult weight) I was a size 12 but with little fat on me - my shoulder and hips didn't have any covering to speak of and THEY were restricting my dress size. If I was 8st-anything I'd look skeletal (and still probably have to wear size 12!!)

Hello
Just seeing how you all are. I'm loving refeed and I am so much better. I am now on a mixture of maintenance bars and low fat meals. The bars are lovely. I'm full much easier and enjoy small, healthy meals much more than before. I am hoping to stay on this and still loose. If I don't then I will go 100% again.

Hi Monarch, I'm so happy you're feeling better and the maintenance is going well for you, it's good to 'hear' you sounding happy...and please don't move to another forum...we're a family here ;)

Well done you - how're you feeling general health wise now? xx

Hello
Day 6 of refeed. I have been so well and loving the refeed and maintenance products. I have found it quite easy to stick to it because it seems a lot of food after just having the shakes. I haven't put any weight back on but haven't lost anymore either. I wonder if I will lose some more over the next few weeks. I hope so. I am having a maint bar for breakfast, chicken or tuna and salad for lunch and either fish or chicken and veg for tea. I am also having two yoghurts a day and some skimmed milk. It is not hard and I feel well.

Just got back from the stables, maybe the mucking out will have worked off a few pounds!

Good news! Glad you're feeling ok x

After munching my way through a ton of green beans and some chicken yesterday, my stomach was in agony. I was blaming the beans but at teatime yesterday I started to be really sick. I was sick every 10 mins until about midnight. No idea why. I feel fine today. It must have been the chicken I think - I'm a terrible cook. I did loose weight but I wouldn't recommend it!

Oh Monarch, how horrible. With my gallbladder issues this week I really sympathise on the pain and sickness front - doesn't sound like yours is that, thankfully - how're you feeling today?

Loads better thanks. How are you? Are you in pain?

Not too bad, thanks - it feels a bit like an on-off stitch up under my right hand rib cage. Funnily enough, I now realise I've had it off and on for a few years, but always thought it was just a stitch! I'm not getting the pain across the rest of my abdomen thank goodness, so a little niggle is almost welcome as it really is keeping me on the straight and narrow. Weigh in time now, so we shall see...

Gosh you've had a rough time of it just lately :( Hope you feel better now and continue to do well xx

Back