Monday weigh in

I've just found out the flat I'm moving to for uni in September is right next door to a Slimming World class! Definitely no excuse for me not to go now!! And the gym is a 15 min walk away!!

I'll be joining you for weigh-ins on Mondays at 7pm!! lol, can't wait to move in :D

Backhouse21 said:
Hey all, first post in this thread :)

I weigh in on Mondays, hoping for a loss of 4lbs this coming Monday which will get me to 2st after just 6 weeks :D

Hi! Was my first post here too! Wow that is an amazing weight loss, I'm off for a cycle in a minute whilst my son is at my mils, hoping to use up a few calories!

Dubious about this week i've been good but it's that evil week of the month that is in existence simply to make women feel even worse about their appearance a quarter of the year :(

I lost 2lb which is last week's 1lb gain off plus another 1lb. I've lost 5lb in 5 weeks so think I'm definitely back on track Scales hovered between 2 and 3 off (mine don't do half pounds) so don't think it will be long til next 1lb off. I'm finally overweight not obese!! 2lb this week will take me to my 2.5 stone award - been working towards it for months but think I'll be there in the next week or two! :)

teddysgoldengirl said:
I'm in the same boat as you icebaby! Dreading monday's wi as I feel so bloated, have been quite good this week so will have to wait and see! Good luck :)

Snap, and I've put on 1/4 lb :( (doing SW online and WI first thing on a Monday morning). Sooooo annoyed as I've been 100% since I started 4 weeks ago and didn't do anything different last week, if anything I was better as I decreasesd my pasta portion at lunchtime and had a salad to replace it.

Maybe I need to decrease my syns, having on average 7 a day, don't really want to as it kind of defeats the purpose of doing SW insteaed of CC.

Grrrrrrr, not happy :(

Hope everyone else has a better week.

helzzz said:
I lost 2lb which is last week's 1lb gain off plus another 1lb. I've lost 5lb in 5 weeks so think I'm definitely back on track Scales hovered between 2 and 3 off (mine don't do half pounds) so don't think it will be long til next 1lb off. I'm finally overweight not obese!! 2lb this week will take me to my 2.5 stone award - been working towards it for months but think I'll be there in the next week or two! :)

Congrats!

Flippy said:
Snap, and I've put on 1/4 lb :( (doing SW online and WI first thing on a Monday morning). Sooooo annoyed as I've been 100% since I started 4 weeks ago and didn't do anything different last week, if anything I was better as I decreasesd my pasta portion at lunchtime and had a salad to replace it.

Maybe I need to decrease my syns, having on average 7 a day, don't really want to as it kind of defeats the purpose of doing SW insteaed of CC.

Grrrrrrr, not happy :(

Hope everyone else has a better week.

Or increase your Syns...........

You could be not getting enough cals? Why did you swap pasta for salads? Unless it was for medical reasons, it may not be a good thing. Pasta is a free food, so as long as you're sticking to SW guidelines (eat until full etc), then you shouldn't need to swap it for a salad.

Do you keep a diary? X

selwonk said:
Or increase your Syns...........

You could be not getting enough cals? Why did you swap pasta for salads? Unless it was for medical reasons, it may not be a good thing. Pasta is a free food, so as long as you're sticking to SW guidelines (eat until full etc), then you shouldn't need to swap it for a salad.

Do you keep a diary? X

Thanks, my weight gain was 1/2 lb, typo.

I'm sure I must be getting enough cals as I tendrils to have large portions and my food diary is always full. I was having 150g dry weight pasta for lunch with free sauce and 28g cheese. Decided to decrease to 100g and have a salad as I thought that would be better. I've still been feeling full after lunch and not eating any extra since I switched.

Just so annoyed, went to Longleat yesterday and packed a SW lunch with loads of fruit an alpen light do I wouldn't get hungry and be tempted by all the sights and smells of lovely syn full food! Was so good and didn't eat anything other than what I'd bought, 10.5 syns total for the day, and I've put on weight!

Yeah I keep a food diary and I'm do meticulous with it I know that I've not made a mistake anywhere there.

Sorry for all the moaning!

I'm sure I must be getting enough cals as I tendrils to have large portions and my food diary is always full. I was having 150g dry weight pasta for lunch with free sauce and 28g cheese. Decided to decrease to 100g and have a salad as I thought that would be better. I've still been feeling full after lunch and not eating any extra since I switched.

Just so annoyed, went to Longleat yesterday and packed a SW lunch with loads of fruit an alpen light do I wouldn't get hungry and be tempted by all the sights and smells of lovely syn full food! Was so good and didn't eat anything other than what I'd bought, 10.5 syns total for the day, and I've put on weight!

Yeah I keep a food diary and I'm do meticulous with it I know that I've not made a mistake anywhere there.

It can be awful when you've worked hard all week and then you've gained weight :( but at least it's only 1/2 lb, I would say try not to think about it too much, get your SW book out again and read it, stock up on super free foods and have a great brand new food optimising week! Chin up!

Lost 1lb this week.
Would have liked more but I'm still 1lb lighter than I was last week so thats still good! =)

lilaloves said:
Lost 1lb this week.
Would have liked more but I'm still 1lb lighter than I was last week so thats still good! =)

Same here , so cruel , just needed another 1/2 to be in the 11s . Better than a gain though ! X

I was a bit annoyed as I was following SW down to the last point, limiting syns to 10 and working out at least 4 times a week. And never lost even half a pound!!

I have a personal trainer, and when showing him my food diary, I was eating far too much fruit! Between 5 and 8 portions a day! He told me to cut down the fruit to 2 or 3 portions and have carrot batons or celery instead. Apparently I was having far too much 'natural' sugar and my body couldn't handle it.

And in just over a week I have lost 5lb!!

I was shocked at this, as I have always thought if i'm peckish to grab some fruit... but ill think twice in the future.

PeterPan132 said:
I was a bit annoyed as I was following SW down to the last point, limiting syns to 10 and working out at least 4 times a week. And never lost even half a pound!!

I have a personal trainer, and when showing him my food diary, I was eating far too much fruit! Between 5 and 8 portions a day! He told me to cut down the fruit to 2 or 3 portions and have carrot batons or celery instead. Apparently I was having far too much 'natural' sugar and my body couldn't handle it.

And in just over a week I have lost 5lb!!

I was shocked at this, as I have always thought if i'm peckish to grab some fruit... but ill think twice in the future.

This is great advice !! Thanks . If you have been working out that much and not lost I bet it was really de-motivating :( But , 5lb in a week is awesome , well done you :) x

After a maintain, a +1.5lb this week I've lost 4.5lb yey at last. So I came home and rewarded my self with a huge slice of full fat full calorie chocolate cake lol :) maybe need to come up with other rewards. Good luck everyone x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This is great advice !! Thanks . If you have been working out that much and not lost I bet it was really de-motivating :( But , 5lb in a week is awesome , well done you :) x

Thanks coolkerry.... i'm hoping this loss is the start of much more!!

Back