Monday weigh in

Well done all. I lost 0.5lbs this week again... so wish it was more but in fairness had a big night out on Friday & drank a lot of Vodka :eek:. This week gonna have no booze at all & see if it helps.(cause I have been super healthy food wise with 0 syns most days) I know it is still a loss but can't help being disappointed, just seems to be so slow, after the first week. Feel like I will never even reach my 1/2 stone. Fingers crossed for this week!!!! Any tips LOL x

Well done all. I lost 0.5lbs this week again... so wish it was more but in fairness had a big night out on Friday & drank a lot of Vodka :eek:. This week gonna have no booze at all & see if it helps.(cause I have been super healthy food wise with 0 syns most days) I know it is still a loss but can't help being disappointed, just seems to be so slow, after the first week. Feel like I will never even reach my 1/2 stone. Fingers crossed for this week!!!! Any tips LOL x

Its still a good loss well done :) I would say eat your syns! It will help you, try not to cut them out. Can you find a low syn drink you like?

Thanks. That a was low choice change LOL, was sick as a dog on Sat after my night out :cry:, so no more Vodka for me. Have to say I have nothing planned for the next few weeks so can stay away from drink & eat my syns rather than save them for drinks hehe. So I take it it's fine to eat them I had it in my head it would be better to lay off syns all together. I'm a bit like that too with my healthy extra's tend to not bother with them, only milk for a couple of cups of tea. Maybe I'm going about all this wrong ;) Still learning x

well done for the loss, just keep going xx

Help.. I'm struggling to know if I am getting this right. This was what I are today. (I feel stuffed!)

B Greek Yogurt.(.5 Syn) Banana

L. Syn free BBQ Sauce Chicken Drumsticks Fruit Greek Yogurt. (.5 Syn)

D Potato Ham Cabbage Light Mayo( 1 Syn )Dijon Mustard (.5 Syn)

HEA milk
HEB 2 x light Alpen bar

Does this sound okay for Extra Easy plan?

looks OK to me!!!! just make sure you drink lots of water and eat 1/3 of supper food with every meal good luck with this week xx

Now I need to take on-board my own advice lol xx

Life can be a bit of a **** sometimes as some of you know, just found out this week that my husband got cancer, more tests on Friday to see how far it has spread!!!:cry: I have been called back after having a mammogram, going back to hospital on Wednesday for more test. My daughter is due to have her baby on 13 July which we are all excited about :) do we wait or what!!!! to tell the children i must add are grown up or wait till baby as arrived in two weeks. Sorry about laying this on you all, but had to tell someone feeling a bit low is putting it mildly, feel like I’m going round like a headless chicken. xx

Last edited:
Life can be a bit of a **** sometimes as some of you know, just found out this week that my husband got cancer, more tests on Friday to see how far it has spread!!!:cry: I have been called back after having a mammogram, going back to hospital on Wednesday for more test. My daughter is due to have her baby on 13 July which we are all excited about :) do we wait or what!!!! to tell the children i must add are grown up or wait till baby as arrived in two weeks. Sorry about laying this on you all, but had to tell someone feeling a bit low is putting it mildly, feel like I’m going round like a headless chicken. xx

I am really sorry! I hope your husband's cancer hasn't spread and that it's curable! And congratulations on becoming a grandmother in a while! :)

A big congratulations to all those with losses this week and welcome to all the new people to Monday WI's
I lost another 1lb this week, I am pretty happy with that. I am now in my 5th week and am finally feeling like I have got my head around the plan.

mills1961 said:
Life can be a bit of a **** sometimes as some of you know, just found out this week that my husband got cancer, more tests on Friday to see how far it has spread!!!:cry: I have been called back after having a mammogram, going back to hospital on Wednesday for more test. My daughter is due to have her baby on 13 July which we are all excited about :) do we wait or what!!!! to tell the children i must add are grown up or wait till baby as arrived in two weeks. Sorry about laying this on you all, but had to tell someone feeling a bit low is putting it mildly, feel like I'm going round like a headless chicken. xx

So sorry to hear about this. Can't imagine what you must be going through but I do think you should tell them now, before the baby comes. You don't want the elation of a new baby brought to an abrupt end with bad news, but if they know first the baby will be a great lift for you all. Plus when they know you can all support each other. Good luck and I hope things work out for the best xxx

[FONT=&amp]Jade, could I come and live with you for 6 months !!!!! lol, you are an inspiration.[/FONT] xx

HAHAHA, you may have to live under my bed.. my room is teeeeeenyyy! :)

ScarlettStar86 said:
So sorry to hear about this. Can't imagine what you must be going through but I do think you should tell them now, before the baby comes. You don't want the elation of a new baby brought to an abrupt end with bad news, but if they know first the baby will be a great lift for you all. Plus when they know you can all support each other. Good luck and I hope things work out for the best xxx

I agree. My mum had cancer when I was little and I was old straight away and it was hard, but I dealt with it. Unfortunately she passed away. Years later as a late teenager my step mum also got cancer and her and my dad didn't tell me and my sister. The result was years later it came out during a family row and it was so hard to deal with. Despite my young age, i think it was better to be told the truth. Your children are older and will obv be worries but I agree with scarlettstar that the baby will lift you all.

I hope everything works out for you xxx

Hi I am new to this but by posting I hope it will encourage and motivate me more. Hope to get to know you all.

First weigh in, down 3.5 lbs.

I WI at home and totally forgot yesterday - will do so tonight and update but think that it will be a gain (or STS if I am lucky!) Back on plan so far this week though and feeling quite determined!

So sorry to hear all your bad news Mills1961, hope your husband's has not spread & it's operable. As for you hope yours is nothing to worry about. I agree with the other girls too I would tell them before the baby too, as will be a good lift for you all when the bundle of joy arrives. Hope your ok, thinkin of you x

Welcome to the new folk, (I'm new too) Good luck x Well done to everyone for their loses :D

Well done everyone! Well I lost 1.5 pounds this week - fantastic. It was my star week and I had been feeling so bloated so was nice surprise!

Back