Monday weigh in

Looks like in the one in the back holding everyone back :( STS

Don't say that, we are all in this together (I had a good loss this week but in the previous 4 wks my overall loss was only 0.5lb) - chin up for next week

Fizzybee said:
Don't say that, we are all in this together (I had a good loss this week but in the previous 4 wks my overall loss was only 0.5lb) - chin up for next week

Thank fizzy. I'm just annoyed as I did weekly syns for the first time and even used less than I was allowed to!!

sparty said:
Looks like in the one in the back holding everyone back :( STS

Not at all! We are all in this together! I lost this week but have lost and gained the same amount each week for weeks now! Unfortunately weekly syns don't work for everyone, at least it was a sts and not a gain in the week you tried it xx

Laura_Cook said:
My consultant stressed that Syns could not be carried over hun

This is a bit if a sore subject as each consultant says different and the sw website even says you can do it if you can trust you won't feel deprived lowering some days in order to have more on others. It works for some people, but not for others x

My consultant stressed that Syns could not be carried over hun

Do you mean that you have a total number of syns to last for a week rather than using some every day? I have only ever used a total of 70 per week and not worried about spreading them out, just not carrying them over into the next week after a weigh in (lol, as if there would be any left!). There has been no mention of weekly syns so far (been going since January), however its working so I wont mess with my system :)

Hi guys. Well done to all. I lost 3.5lbs, got my 1/2 stone award & Slimmer of the Week. So happy to finally get a sticker LOL!!! x

4lbs off and my stone award :) and now just one measly pound to get out of the dratted 14's!!!

(I'd have been slimmer of the week too if I'd not had a gain last week lol not secretly competitive at aaaalllll!!!)

Wow, you guys got so much weight off today. I weigh in on Wednesdays and I really want 4 off to get my stone sticker! So nervous though as I think and feel like a fat blob, even though I've had under a third of my weekly syns allowance! Well done guys.

Fizzybee said:
Do you mean that you have a total number of syns to last for a week rather than using some every day? I have only ever used a total of 70 per week and not worried about spreading them out, just not carrying them over into the next week after a weigh in (lol, as if there would be any left!). There has been no mention of weekly syns so far (been going since January), however its working so I wont mess with my system :)

I count my Syns daily which must work for me as I've lost just over half a stone this week. I use ten Syns per day. If I don't use them then their gone. Last week I only lost 6 over the week.

ScarlettStar86 said:
This is a bit if a sore subject as each consultant says different and the sw website even says you can do it if you can trust you won't feel deprived lowering some days in order to have more on others. It works for some people, but not for others x

My WI is Mondays, If I had 2 Syns every day except on a Friday/Saturday where I treat myself to my saved up 40/48 Syns for a take away there's a high chance that'll affect the weigh in on Monday, I cant see how consultants don't agree. I'd prefer to lose them, for me, ten Syns is quite a lot to use

Laura_Cook said:
My WI is Mondays, If I had 2 Syns every day except on a Friday/Saturday where I treat myself to my saved up 40/48 Syns for a take away there's a high chance that'll affect the weigh in on Monday, I cant see how consultants don't agree. I'd prefer to lose them, for me, ten Syns is quite a lot to use

I do agree in the example you've given that probably wouldn't work in the long term as you would be well below your daily amount and well over on a blow out day.
For me a takeaway is no more than 12syns, plus a couple of drinks takes the daily total to around 18-20 syns so I will take the few extra to cover it from the syns I haven't used on previous days. This is how I was told to use them by my consultant when I first joined but I think many people do as per your example and save silly amounts for a blow out, which is why they don't encourage it so much anymore as people were saving them all for a binge x

ScarlettStar86 said:
I do agree in the example you've given that probably wouldn't work in the long term as you would be well below your daily amount and well over on a blow out day.
For me a takeaway is no more than 12syns, plus a couple of drinks takes the daily total to around 18-20 syns so I will take the few extra to cover it from the syns I haven't used on previous days. This is how I was told to use them by my consultant when I first joined but I think many people do as per your example and save silly amounts for a blow out, which is why they don't encourage it so much anymore as people were saving them all for a binge x

Oh I see what you mean, so you'd save 1 or 2 Syns from your daily amount to over Syn on a particular day which wouldn't cause much of an effect if you were weighing within 48 hours

Well I didn't actually have a big blow out. It was a meal for my dads bday and a picnic (but in the end I made all syn free food for the picnic). I was under my weekly syns by about 15-20.

First time I tried it but will never again. I am usually of the opinion that a syn can't be used before a certain day and only carried over one day or it's gone.

Well done to all those that had good losses this week and chin up for those that gains, there is always today to get back on track and have a good WI next week
Very Very pleased I lost 2lbs this week which got me my 1/2 stone award :clap:

Back