Money issues! :(

Sweetie_Jo

Hi,

Money is going to be tight for me fir the next couple of months. Does anyone know if i could replace one or two of my meals with say something like slim fast? Would having those type of products keep me in ketosis?

I'm 100% commited to doing this but money is getting in the way at the moment :(

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

No you cant. Slim fast isnt a ketogenic diet nor a meal replacement like a VLCD. You wont get the nutrients you need and the carbs and sugar will knock you out of ketosis :(

All I can suggest is that you cut back to 3 plus protein/veg (that may not be cheaper when it comes to it) and maybe look for some cheap VLCD MRP packs on Ebay? Or you could use say 2 packs per day and up the calories to the level of a low carb LCD (as opposed to a VLCD). You won't lose quite as much like that but it's better than going down the Slimfast route because as Starlight says they are not MRPs and they're full of sugar so are not keto friendly.

Thanks guys! Youve been really helpful and very generous :D i'm only drinking the shakes at the moment as i cant stomach the meals.

Thank you so much for the offer! It's so kind of you xx

My partner has luckily managed to get some paid over time at work so i should just about be ok for a few more weeks.

Thanks again for the offer xx

azlan said:
the only way I can think of making it cheaper would be to use eggs to replace a pack (don't forget to take a multivit too if you do this)- can get a tray pretty cheaply. Or you could get some meat or fish when it's reduced in the supermarket - would be better than using slim fast anyway

I don't think you should be replacing a pack with an egg! Even on 3 a day they recommend a multivitamin. The egg would be part of the protein that's allowed.

Hi Sweetie Jo, have you looked at the Slim and Save page on eBay as I think there are some short dated vanilla packs on there for sale at the moment. They work out considerably cheaper and the listing says they have been tested and still taste great. Hope this helps, N x

Back