Money making ideas?

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Hey all,

I currently hold down a full time week day job and a part time weekend job. I have sold as much stuff as I can on ebay but need to raise some more cash for something.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can raise some more money?

Thanks xx

Are you crafty, is there something you could make & sell, like jewellery.

Sorry can't be of much more help.

Have you considered selling Avon ? I have been doing it for about 5 years now and make an average of £100 month at it. Not a huge amount but every bit helps !! it did take me a little while to build up a customer base but once you've done that its fairly easy. There are people who make loads more than me at it too.

My brother and his OH are "secret/mystery shoppers" - some pay cash others in kind but that might help?

Are there any market research agencies in your area? I do one every few months and usually involves goin to researchers house with a group of about 5 people to answer questions on new product ideas etc, pays between £40-70 for a couple of hours

Baby sitting, my mum put a card in a newsagents window and now babysits 2-4 evenings a week
Car boot sales for stuff that maybe isnt up to ebay standards (make cakes/cookies to sell too)

Ebay has standards?????

more seriously, reduce debts if you can. The amount of people I know with a couple of grand in the bank earning next to nothing in a current account, yet paying minimum repayments on maxed-out credit cards is unreal!

Easier said than done, but reduce or remove any debts if you haven't already done so.

Have a look on your local job boards and Gumtree. Last summer I came across one from a site called Yelp who were looking for people to review local businesses for their online directory. I did it for 6 weeks and put in a fortnightly timesheet for 20 hours a week for which I got paid £8 per hour. It was a nice little earner while it lasted. Money for old rope! :D

Back