MONEY SAVED

happydaystocome

has anybody noticed how much money you save on this diet ?
no takeaways
no bottles of wine
no lunches down the pub
no late night chocolate bars or crisp
no mega shopping big (except for kids)

I didnt realise how much of my life was taken up with eating and drinking (even though i ate quite healthy in the week my weekend went to pot)!!!! no more eh ;)

I know - I have definitaly saved money but on the otherhand I am cooking and baking more for family x

I would agree I pay 67 euro over here in Ireland for Lipotrim and I believe that is what I would have spent only on myself as treats after the weekly proper food shop, bearing in mind all our food is much more expensive over here (as is everything else - save petrol):sigh:
It has to save money, how else will we buy all the new clothes we need to clothe ourselves at the end of this journey, not to mind the ones we need to keep our selves decent during the process.
Doirin

I'm the same. Reckon I'm saving at least £30-£40 per week by doing this. Didn't realise I spent so much hard earned cash on rubbish through the week.

A diet where you lose pounds and save pounds at the sametime, can't complain!

i have heard so many people give the cost of the lipotrim as the reason they dont try it. not sure how much i am saving but it must be a pretty packet. enjoyed wine and pistachios (expensive) each weekend . just done 1 weekend without. not bad.

yeah definitely!! i would go out for tea in the week, go to the cinema with pick and mix or popcorn, then have takeaways at weekends or go out drinking - now i can drive so i don't pay for taxis and i drink water which is free!! i'm saving up all the money i save to spend on some lovely new clothes for the new slim me! :)

I agree wholeheartedly though friends don't believe me for some unknown reason ..... want to keep the cost as an excuse probably ;)

Im only on day 5 now but i have noticed a huge difference already! It does add up! I would usually spend around £3.00 a day on lunch at work including afternoon snack and around £8.00 for dinner for myself & partner a day! Partner is fending for himself now :eek:)
I dont spend a penny at work, i take my water bottle in and fill it from the machine throughout the day.
I took my first trip to the supermarket today, (for mouthwash as my breath is pretty bad haha) and i made a purpose of walking down the chocolate and crisps aisle as wanted to know how it felt not reaching out... felt great!
Only problem is i found i wanted to buy more items (as my instinct as a women is to spend!) and i ended up buying useless rubbish like toothbrushes, face creams, smellys that i didnt really need, just to compensate.
At least i have no excuse for smelling bad and having bad skin now though! xx

You'll need to save the money for a whole new wardrobe of much smaller clothes, once you have reached your goal!!!! I'm spending enough to get the country out of recession....sigh!....but I'm having a blast!!!!

:cry:noooooooo:cry::cry: my shopping bill hasnt even come down but i dont think it makes much of a diff, whats one more when your cooking for 6 already.

Its not saving me a penny as I have promised my wife £10 for every 1lb she loses! It will give her the motivation to stick with it and she'll have money at the end to buy some new clothes!!!

I'm glad she's only got 29lb to lose!!!

I totally agree with you, since being on LT I am saving aroung £40 a week, and no one believes me either.....

I have 3 kids and they haven't complained once about there being no goodies for them to nibble on, and I have cut down on such luxuries, thinking about their health and mine.

. . .

it's only my second week and i'm already seeing a big change in spending, no more trips to the shops tp buy some magazines in pretence when really i'm going for sweets, crisps and every other unhealthy thing i could eat, no ore weekly takeaways cos we can't be botered cooking, just hope people don't stop asking me round just cos their ordering food so i'm not tempted. havent been tempted yet so not going to allow myself to be tempted by them :)
monica
xx

I can't believe how much food I used to have in the house 'just in case'!! My shopping basket has been completely transformed!! But, like sorbetkiss, I find myself buying other stuff (make-up, clips for the girls, books, SHOES!!!! LOL!) I only get snacky stuff that my Hubby & the kids like but that I don't so I don't get tempted!! So no nuts, chocolate etc. and leftovers now get put straight into the dogs bowl so they're not left lying around 'in case the girls get peckish later on' and sit on the side calling me! They're benefiting too, as to avoid leftovers, I'm cooking smaller portions- so saving money there too!

Its not only money, my household bin only needs emptying once a month now, and not much packaging for the recycle bin either. :)

My house is still full of yummy food!!!!! :( iv got a 2 year old and a hubby who refuses to diet so he still eats all the nice food like pizza, cheese on toast and pudding! :(

Back