Money savings tips...

Deezer

Gold Member
I've added up roughly what my journey has cost me and WOW!!! Not that i regret a penny of it!!!

But just wondering does anybody have any tips that they use to save the pennies!!!!

My best ones are....

I use milk in my porridge only so a bottle often went to waste..... I now just buy dried skimmed milk and bob a teaspoon in with my mix!!!! No waste!!!!

I also (Takes you ten mins) cut ketostix in half.... then you get double from your tube!!!!

I get a £10 organic veg box....and just request what I can have on the diet....

Also buy my chicken from the butchers....cheaper and bigger!!!!

And the good old buying the mens '5 a day' from the slim and save .

Do you known something.... I'm normally fairly switched on and would spot bargain savers easily, but I totally missed the men's 5a day saving, doh!!

Upside is I've only ordered the samples pack so will keep this in mind for my first order!

0 lost : 61 to goal

the only problem with mens five a day is that you cant order enough bars as they limit them?

whats the mens 5 a day

ohhh I get it now lol

Deezer said:
I also (Takes you ten mins) cut ketostix in half.... then you get double from your tube!!!!

Better still don't bother buying them at all ;)

It doesnt matter if your not bothered about having one every day!!! Saying that they are a nice treat!!!

X

The best chicken fillets are from Lidl, cheap and lovely - but I did see a programme on fat content of chicken, thinking freerange and organic would be the best. Also coop has great offers on veggies and salmon fillets too. I am not even going to add up my spendings too as that may scare me! All worth it though

It was mega!!! Lol.... Lipotrim/s&s/lipo..... But worth every penny!!!!

It makes me sad the money i've wasted over the years and NOT got to goal though!!!

X

I did LL for months and months and I am scared to see what it cost me! At the time I justified it by thinking "well I ate food and I bought lattes and ordered out and I won't be doing any of that"....That was fine in the beginning but when I was cheating, I was also buying food and not losing any weight. Gulp!

I think I landed on my feet with SnS. Even the 100% is about £35 a week. I could easily spend that on food - and more. I reckon it is actually saving me money. I'm still buying for my teenagers, but I reckon if you live on your own, it's a cheap way to live.

That said, I am all for cutting waste and saving money. I'm really lucky in that where I live, I have an organic market, a first class butcher and a whole food shop. I tend to buy only what I need now and try to avoid big supermarket shops more than say once or twice a week to get my heavy/bulky stuff like washing powder. The less I go in, the less I'm tempted.

One way to save a little is to make in bulk then freeze. I made a huge pot of veg soup using my allowed veg and then weighed out 200g portions into freezer bags and stuck them in the freezer. I'm going to try the same with a chicken stew type thing if I can find a good recipe. I reckon if I get the proportion of chicken to veg right and measure out 300g and freeze it, it'll even out over the time it takes to eat.

I always try to buy at least free range chicken. I hate the thought of how all that cheap chicken got onto the supermarket shelves. I also prefer the taste and good organic chicken is so much denser that you need less.

Last tip, go into your market later at night and see if they have any chicken/fish bargains that you can take home and freeze. Same with veg. They package them so have to put a date on them (ridiculous!).

wow i never thought of having it as a soup/ stew!!! fab idea will try that tonight! im ALWAYS making soup for the OH lol. just have to leave out the stock i guess and use veg bullion :)

Do you really reckon it costs?

Tought it would be cheaper as not really any food bills for yourself?

Also I guess buying shops own water/pop (where suitable) would be a good saving? xx

Never thought about dried skimmed milk i waste a lot of the fresh, thanks for the tip Deezer:)

Not about food... but since you'll be shrinking out of clothes faster than you can buy them - find friends who are slightly smaller, especially those who are dieting. And charity shops/asda. :D

Back