Mood Swings

Bex999

Hi everybody,
I just wanted some opinions from people who have been doing this a long time and people who havn't! I am only on my 8th but havn't had that 'feel good' ketosis feeling yet and my mood swings are awful! I wake up in a bad mood but then feel happy about the diet in the middle of the day and then want to sleep by 7pm. I know everybody is different but I hope some of you experienced guys can let me know how you dealt with it (our group hasn't really started the counselling yet!)
Thanks x

I noticed that although I was really happy to be losing weight on several days I had a 'low mood' or mild depression which I didn't normally experience before the diet.

I think this may be due to the fact that in the past I (we?) would eat something to make myself feel better.

When you are on abstinence your food "security blanket" is taken away and you have to cope with your moods without the help of food (or alcohol) - this is why the counselling is important so that you can identify the "ego states" that you experience and the thoughts that are triggering your mood changes.

The counselling sessions I have had have been a bit sketchy as I am in a mens's group with every person at a different stage of abstinence/RTM/maintaining, but the stuff we have had has been good.

May be you should get some self-help books on CBT/Transactional Analysis so that you can prepare yourself - maybe your LLC can recommend something?

I think thats a really good point Anders!!! I have found that I might have less patience than before (but that may be that it has co-incided with summer holidays lol)

I have been doing it for 2 weeks. I never got the big 'pow' boost of energy, but it has been pointed out to me that I seem to be less tired. I think with some people it is a build up rather than a sudden boost.

Keep it up though!!! Keep drinking the water, and you will start feeling better x

BEx just be thankful you have happy times. I have 3 stages of mood swings. Pissed off. Really pissed off. Astronoically Pissed off.

To be fair I do have my odd flashes of happiness but the majority of the time this diet makes me into 1 moody mofo.

Back