Moomins bread bun dilema!

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
Due to rubbish planning i didnt have lunch with me at work today so went to a deli along the road and got a ham salad sandwich.
No butter, ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion so no probs there.
The bun was wholewheat but quite large - about 6 or 7 inches long.
Do you think i could count it as 2 HEXB's for today or will I need to syn too?

Well you are allowed a 57g Wholemeal Roll as a HEXB which is about the size of your fist, so just size up what you had a decide whether it was bigger that 2 x 57g rolls. Think you should be ok. ;)

That is what I would do, as I follow green (well, I don't eat meat, so I wouldn't have had ham, but you know what I mean! lol), and I'd probably avoid any syns for the rest of the day, just incase. If you're on EE you would have to syn at least half of the roll. I hate days like that....you think you've made a sensible choice (which it sounds like you have), but then, sometimes, when you check, you find you've munched a zillion hidden syns, and might as well have had a pie and hot choc anyway! lol

Last edited:
You're on a red day? Otherwise you'd have to syn the ham on a green day :)

Red day mate - im gonna use it as my 2 HEXB's and use 5 syns - gotta be safe?

I reckon so. It's only one day :)

Your right Mojo - it seems like such a healthy choice at first glance!

It is. Unlike my Tescos Light Choices sarnies that I was eating over Xmas, when I was really busy at working and working long hours. I figured...brown bread? Thats a HEb. Egg? Free. Extra, extra light 'mayo' style dressing? That'll be dainty in the syns department. Cress? Free. Ach, I'm sure these are fine, I'll just not eat any more syns on the days I need to grab one. WRONG! I seem to recall they were 17/17.5 syns (so still 11 or so after deducting me HE!) Absolutley crazy, Sooo not worth it! lol

Back