moonlight walk

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
anyone done this before?
its 13 miles! eeeek.... my sis in law put my name down for it, then told me what she'd done!

x

Not done anything like this before, but I'm signed up and am in training for the Moonwalk in May. It's 26.2 miles I think and powerwalking. I am so unfit and am really struggling with the simple 4 mile power walks. Good luck with the training :) x

ah mines only 13 miles!
really exited for it, i couldnt geta place on the walk for life which is 3 miles, so im doing this instead

I'm doing the half moon (13.1 miles) at the Edinburgh Moonwalk in June this year. Will be my 3rd year :D
Good luck xx

ah mine must be a half moon one then, lauren never told me that! then again, she did put my name down for it, then told me what she'd done....

is it hard? what is the rough time it takes?

THe past couple of years, I've done in it in about 3 hours 40 mins. There was over 12000 at Edinburgh for it last year, and its a fab night. The atmosphere is amazing :D I've always found the last mile the hardest, mainly because it's pavement walking and all those on and off the pavements can really begin to hurt lol
Walk The Walk ( who organise and run the Moonwalks) have some good training tips, Walk the Walk - charity raising money and awareness for vital breast cancer causes : Training , and they also send you a training schedule with your fundraising pack :)
x

im hoping my fitness levels are up to this, they should be as i workout 6 days a week, for up to 4 hours a time.
but even if i struggle i wont give up, if i can run 3 miles when walking is agony (i had bruised all my lower back, and could barely move) i can do this!
its in memory of my friend aimee, the thought of her will power me on, no matter what

I just signed up for the Sun Walk in London in the summer. Anyone else is thinking of doing that one?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've just signed up for the Moon Walk in Edinburgh. Doing the full 26 miles (I hope!).

Started my training today. Did what the GPS tracker on my phone thought was about 3 miles. 19 weeks to go and have no idea how am going to manage it. Determind tho as I have quite a few friends and family who think I can't/won't do it. Started a blog, which I'm going to try and add to every day to keep myself going on the bad days.

my "training" is just me not using buses until ive done this!
walking to the gym, walking home from the gym. i go to two gyms.
gym one takes 30 mins walking time
gym two takes roughly an hours time

doing this six days a week, plus the walk from town shopping on saturdays and sundays is roughly 45 mins there, 45 mins back....

i dont want to lose out on doing any of my gym classes so this way it works out for me :)

Back