Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Oooh spinach steamed down, with a big dollop of cream, some pepper, a soupcon of dijon mustard and chilli - mmmm meal on it's own :)

I have to say I tried the "spinach" not impressed lol - I remember eating it with my Grandad when I was younger on toast with vinegar - but nope sorry can't stomach it :(

Not surprised - on toast! With vinegar! Euch lol.

Start again. Get a bunch and wash it well. Give it a very good shake, then throw in a pan with some butter - garlic or otherwise - on a very low heat. Let it just sweat gently down.

Add some sesame seeds and put a pile on a plate, then add some pork/chicken/beef strips, swish some chilli oil on top and yum :)

I know but that was what Grandad liked lol - I did it with butter but I thought it had a bitter taste - MAYBE I'll try again! lol

I just have mine wilted down with a bit of butter and salt. Might try garlic salt for a change, or maybe add some soft cheese.

Scratch the salami for today, didn't feel like it. Very little appetite atm.

I buy garlic pepper in a glass grinder thingy from Tesco. Just peppercorns and dried garlic and is great if you haven't got any fresh garlic. Fab flavour on a stir fry.
Completely forgotten why I'm telling you about this, maybe because I think spinach needs seasoning lol. Sorry, blonde moment!!

Haha well it's welcome knowledge. I don't like a lot of pepper but I buy garlic salt which is basically the same - real garlic ground and mixed with salt. Wouldn't be without it, it adds so much flavor and it's brill with mushrooms.

Sitting here freezing. It was warm and lovely when I was at the hospital earlier. They finally let me out and it's chilly and raining. Unfair.

Bit of a scummy morning trying on sale clothes. A few really nice things but of course you focus on what doesn't look good. I hate my stomach so much. Other people my height and weight don't have a stomach like mine. It's because I've been bigger and lost the weight but honestly it looks like I've swallowed a basketball. It sits too low so the only jeans that fit come from Evans and its just awful. I have to buy tops that hang to my upper thigh to skim my stomach. So do depressing, my body is a total mess and while weight loss will make me slimmer it won't give me a normal body. I'd need surgery for that.

Anyway, slimness is still the focus. I read a quote on another forum:

'Dieting is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.'

It's so true. Dieting feels like such a chore sometimes and sometimes I long to be able to forget about my weight. But being fat is hard and miserable too. I have one choice or the other.

Watching the para opening ceremony. Gonna be at the athletics to see pistorius vs peacock on Thursday. Excited!

Food:

Venison steak with mushrooms and scrambled egg

Wild salmon and spinach

Cheddar and cucumber

Mug of alpro

Mfp: 22g carbs inc meds

Oh you lucky thing, that is going to be an amazing race!

The ceremony is brilliant, isn't it? The choir piece, with the big book turning it's pages, was composed by a Trinity Laban composer, Errollyn Wallen :D

Morning ML... The Pisturius race will be amazing! X

Last edited:
Morning ML enjoy thurs. Menu looking good.

moonlights said:
Bit of a scummy morning trying on sale clothes. A few really nice things but of course you focus on what doesn't look good. I hate my stomach so much. Other people my height and weight don't have a stomach like mine. It's because I've been bigger and lost the weight but honestly it looks like I've swallowed a basketball. It sits too low so the only jeans that fit come from Evans and its just awful. I have to buy tops that hang to my upper thigh to skim my stomach. So do depressing, my body is a total mess and while weight loss will make me slimmer it won't give me a normal body. I'd need surgery for that.

Anyway, slimness is still the focus. I read a quote on another forum:

'Dieting is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.'

It's so true. Dieting feels like such a chore sometimes and sometimes I long to be able to forget about my weight. But being fat is hard and miserable too. I have one choice or the other.

So much of that resonates with me.

When I was much younger, in my slim periods I had a flat stomach, even without doing any abs exercises. But I noticed last time I lost significant weight (in my 30's) that it did not go back completely, and now I'm in my 40's gawd knows what I'll be left with. And it's now been joined by a big, floppy spare tyre above the waist too - I never used to have one of those. I suspect I will always be wearing clothes that are a bit on the big side just to skim over the lumps.

And I agree with dieting being a chore. However nice the food is - and Atkins is by far the best diet regarding quality of food as far as I'm concerned - the necessity of planning is a constant drain on me (and I have to plan because it's the only way I can stay focused). This is the longest continuous stretch of weight loss endeavour that I have had to attempt (previous longest was 6 months), and I'm definitely feeling the onset of burn-out, hence my talk of taking an extended maintenance break when I get to 12 stone.

Anyway, sorry for that ramble in your diary :eek:

Hope you have a lovely time at the athletics, and "yum!" to the chocolate swiss roll! :)

I love that quote "dieting is hard, being fat is hard, choose your hard". It is going to be my new mantra.

Yes me too! Hope you've had a decent day ML! Xx

I'm only just in my 30s and have a number of spare types plus the baggy tummy! Terrible.

Anyway, food today,

Choccy Swiss roll with cream
(usual Swiss roll mix but mix the soft cheese with cocoa powder)

Courgette noodles with soft cheese and blue cheese sauce

Confit duck leg and spring onion

Alpro, tea, etc.

Mfp: 26g carbs

Hi ML - love your menus:)

Well the results are in for my return to regular Friday weighs aaand

12 stone 7lbs (175lbs)

Which is a return to posted.

I'm pleased - I put on close to a stone and honestly did not think I'd manage to get it all off in essentially a week and a half so I'm stunned that I did.

But I'm also still frustrated that my two weeks off plan had to turn into four - even if the first two were all throat sweets and lemsip. It's written off the whole of August and I do think about how much further along I could have been.

Though, I do think I needed the break - I just didn't need the simultaneous sickness to prolong it.

But ah well, spilt milk etc etc.

I have a feeling my body may need a break now so I don't know if I'll lose this week, but we shall see. Onwards and downwards.

Back