Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

YAY! Well done - I echo scrumbles comments!!!!!!

Wow!!! ML!!! Almost a stone in a week... That's phenomenal!!! Such focus! Such determination! Such willpower!!! You rock!! Xx

Week and a haaaaalf not just a week but I really was surprised it all came off. I just want to be losing again, it's irritating to be the same weight at the end of August as I was at the end of July.

Not so much willpowers as eating loads - I was hitting 1700 calories easily to begin with and during totm - it's tailed off to bouncing up and down between 1200 and 1500 now - could eat less as I've no appetite but seem to do better eating more.

Food today:

Pork belly and spring onion

Mim toast with cheese and marmite

Mini cauliflower and cheese

Mfp: 24g carbs inc meds

Nice menu ML... You must be really excited to be back to what you were! I can't wait to get to what I was! So frustrating at the moment and skirts are snug to tight whereas they were really loose! Lol x

Just get a couple of weeks on the straight and narrow under your belt and I bet there will be a lot more room under it too ;) honestly I think do much of initial carb gain is water weight and bloating. I was so bloated and so ready to get back on plan. I'll always look wistfully at certain carby things but they'll have to be kept for rare occasions because I'm now certain carbs make me ill.

How do you make salami crisps? They sound lush! If u fall offthe wagon any gained weight is usually easilly lost as it is short term reserves and not yet stored in the main fat reserve that is one good thing, as long as you get straight back on the plan and dont think as you have blown it might as well blow it for longer! I find it so hard to get back in the zone when i have time out

Didn't fall off the wagon - I jumped ;) it was my birthday so I had a planned 2 week break to catch up with some friends. Unfortunately I was pretty ill for the whole two weeks and things had to be rescheduled - thus it turned into a month.

Re: salami crisps: you can find recipe and pics under 'moonlights meals' in the recipe section, but basically you just grill the salami until it goes crispy. Some people microwave it, some people fry, but I don't recommend the latter as they end up greasy.

Morning ML ... hope its a good day for you! Thank you for all your wonderful support! xx

Well done on the loss, you have such focus with all your problems, you are an inspiration.

Ty guys <3

Probably going to either cafe rouge or GBK on Sunday. Thinking of having salade paysanne at cafe rouge (salad leaves, tomato, chicken, bacon, egg, avocado). I don't eat burgers (am terrified of biting down on gristle - would be sick) so thinking of bunless grilled chicken breast either with avo and bacon or just mayo and cheese if we go there.

Sound ok? Any experience of these places?

Good choices ML... I know both places - have been to GBK with Susie and Katie... They are very accommodating ... Cafe Rouge always has enough choice and depending on the location they are also helpful x

Rhubarb crumble!

Indeed you heard me right. Crumble is my favorite of the puddings and I was thinking about it the other night and decided to try this.

You will need:

One ramekin or small crumble container
Enough raw rhubarb as it takes to fill it
(or enough cooked rhubarb to 2/3 fill it)
40g almond flour (approx)
1 tbsp butter (approx)
Sweetener of choice (I use liquid hermestas)

The measurements are a bit vaguey as it all depends on the size of your crumble container.

Basically, you want enough rhubarb to form a nice layer.

image-3162588908.jpg

That was my frozen rhubarb. I stewed it down with a bit of sweetener and poured off most of the excess juice.

Then I took my almond flour, butter and sweetener and rubbed it all together to make little yummy almondy buttery lumps, which I then crammed in on top of my rhubarb in said crumble container (mine was a le creuset ramekin I got cheap in the m&s sale and which is the only fancy piece of kitchenware I own).

image-3510810924.jpg

Don't smoosh it down flat, leave lumps so they get a bit browner than the rest. Oh, I forgot the oven preheating. I did 180 degrees in a fan oven.

Then I popped my rhubarby almondy mix in a baking tray and ovened it for about ten minutes until it was brown and crusty, and I got this:

image-2523367662.jpg

And it is yummy. Crunchy on the top, a bit deliciously soggy where the flour mix meets the rhubarb.

Please note:

A) this is an owl recipe not an induction one as it includes nuts. Rhubarb however is induction friendly and is delicious stewed with sweetener and cream.

B) it doesn't taste exactly like ye olde classic British crumble. It tastes more almondy. I suspect because it has almonds in it. Personally I find almonds yummy but if you don't like them, you won't like this.

C) around 5g carbs and 400 cals for the version I made for myself - you'd need to adjust according to your own quantities. Nice and filling though and will be a nice warm comforting treat for cold days.

That sounds fab, I love rhubarb, I will try this when induction over. Have you put it in your receipe posts?

Looks amazing ML!!! Yum!!! You are so clever and creative xx

I'll pop it in my recipe section later Sammy. Really was nice and filled my requirements of being quick and easy. I've never made 'real' crumble so am pleased with myself.

Food today:

Rhubarb crumble

Steak, portobello mushrooms and spring onion

Fried egg and celeriac chips

Alpro, tea, etc

Mfp: 25g carbs inc meds

Loving the egg and chips!! Must try that ! Lol xx

Morning ML menu sounds good, I had forgotten about celeriac, must get some soon.

Hmm had the salads paysanne at cafe rouge (egg, avocado, bacon, chicken, tomato, green beans, salad leaves, lemon dressing). Didn't eat the green beans as I don't like them, and didn't use any dressing - had a bit of mayo instead.

Still, feeling hungry now even though it was a big plate. Psychological thing maybe. I hate eating when it's not under my control and I can't clearly establish carb counts.

Also a rather high calorie dish and I hadn't planned what else to eat today. Hmm.

Back