Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Evening Moonlights... Yummy crisps!! They look fab xx

Can't wait to try some of your recipie's, they look yum! :)

I just do them under the grill in the oven on some silver foil. You have to watch they don't burn - they get crispier as they cool. You could prob also bake in oven but grilling is faster - frying might make them a bit greasy?

I used a 30g packet of salami Napoli.

Menu for yesterday was:

Salami crisps

Chicken breast with mayo

100g bacon
250g aubergine topped with
125g mozzarella & grilled.

Lots of tea and alpro

According to MFP: 20g carbs

WI today: 1lb lost.

I think that's okay. Yesterday was the first day since starting this diet that my jeans felt looser round the stomach. It also takes me under BMI 35. Would have loved to get a 2lb loss for a whole stone so far but 13lbs is nowt to be unhappy about. Am pleased.

Wednesday breakfast!

On a sudden strange urge I decided to make Amo's Swiss roll recipe from the recipes sticky in the main forum.

I altered it slightly to make one day's amount (though would stretch to two days if you were disciplined and just had one portion).

2 very large eggs, separated.
15g full fat Philly
Vanilla essence
Splenda or canderel tablets to taste
30g whipped cream

Dissolve your tablets in 1 tbsp hot water (I do this rather than using granulated sweetener as granulated sweetener is carby) mix the egg yolks, vanilla , sweetened water and Philly.

Whisk egg whites until stiff and fold into yolks mixture.

Pour onto lined greased small shallow baking tray.

Bake at medium-high until the top browns and egg is all set (for me 8 mins fan oven 180).

Remove from oven and either top with cream and eat as is or let it cool and roll with cream inside.

I didn't roll mine (partly because I forgot to grease my baking paper so it stuck a tiny bit).

You could also cut it into squares and layer it with cream.

Taste: the whisked yolks make it super light and fluffy tasting, doesn't taste too eggy esp with the cream on - though this is essentially a soufflé omelette made really thin and sweetened, it just doesn't taste like it.

I think it would be extra yummy with a little lemon juice in the mix. If you're a berry eater you could chop a couple of berries and scatter them over too.

I think this would also be lovely if you took the sweetener out, but added grated cheese and herbs. Let it cool and you could slice it up and put sandwich fillings between the slices (might still have to eat with a fork though).

Good recipe and surprisingly filling. I had 3/4 for breakfast and swissrolled the final quarter (sans cream) to have later.

If you like a simple, sweet breakfast this would be great made in advance and grabbed in the mornings, as Amo does.

All for: 400 cals
3 Carbs.

image-1275025977.jpg

image-563509984.jpg

Last edited:
Hi love the sound of the salami crisps and the swiss roll, live the idea of adding cheese. Could also add a teaspoon of sf chocolate and then it is a chocolate cake! Def going to try both of these next week. Keep the ideas coming

Hmm, yesterday was interesting.

Swiss roll was great, kept me full up til a small late lunch of all my favourite bagel fillings on a quorn burger (phili, avocado and bacon) which was delish.

Then I was too full to eat until late at night and in retrospect I should have had something simple like a pack of salami but I had a small piece of steak - and threw up later. Too full I think. But if I hadn't had it I'd have been under on protein and cals.

Am wondering if it's just the latest meds making me feel crap. Felt like I've been beaten up since last appt.

Anyway yesterdays menu:

Yummy Swiss roll - recipe above

1 quorn sizzling burger
20g Philly
1/2 avocado
Chopped bacon

150g steak

Teas with alpro

Carbs according to MFP: 21

Think I am undereating carbs, as 11g of mine comes from medicine...

image-436021091.jpg

You have some fab ideas on here - how do you make the cauliflower breadsticks? They look lovely! Salami has now gone on my shopping list and I am going to have to stew myself some rhubarb. In fact, may do that right now.

Cauli breadsticks recipe is from a website called the lighter side of low carb - google and you'll find it. I actually googled up several versions of the recipe and made my own, bit can't remember exactly what I did.

Food yesterday terrible. Slept so much that 4 celery sticks were nearly all I ate.

Menu for yesterday:

4 celery sticks
Philly original
Tiny piece spring onion

Sirloin steak
Fried egg yolk
Portobello mushroom

Mug of hot sweetened alpro

MFP says 20g carbs, 11 of which were meds.

I do hope you feel a bit better soon, moonlight. Changes in meds can be horrible. I think you are doing incredibly well, it is so difficult knowing what is affecting what - I am sure you are doing the right thing just eating what you feel like.
Get lots of rest and be kind to yourself.
:bighug:

Well done on the loss hun :happy036:

Oh and thank you for stopping by my diary and for the encouragement

Thanks all. Back at the hospital tomorrow morning to discuss more fine chemical solutions and maybe have some scans/bloods. Shiny new consultant, I hope he's better than the last.

Menu today:

Quorn sizzling burger
1/2 avocado
3 strips bacon
30g Philly

30g salami crisps
35g cheddar
Tsp mayo

Lightly dusted haddock fillet (4.6g carb)
180g celeriac chips
Tbsp mayo

Mug of alpro, some mugs of tea.

MFP says 33g carbs so a tiny bit over to make up for being way under yesterday.

Morning Moonlights... Good luck today - menus sound great! Xx

Love my new consultant but he'd like me to drink at least a pint of milk per day! Errr don't drink milk. He wants 100g calcium a day... MFP only does % RDA so I can't look up how much I'm getting from soya milk.

Anyway going to be having an absurd amount of tests and scans over next few weeks but he really wants to help me and was v nice.

Menu for today (early so the last part is planned).

Swiss roll (recipe above - had 1/2 so far)

300g cauliflower
40g Philly
Dash of mustard
Spot of butter

Mfp says 27g carbs Inc meds
Will update if I add anything else.

Am out on Monday, considering getting bunless mcdonalds burger for lunch. Have these stalled anyone?

Last edited:
Back