Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Chook and rhubarb:

image-467546111.jpg

Pics look great! Have a good day! Xx

Morning moonlight - love the photos. Really must get some rhubarb as never get round to it:D

I must be the rhubarb queen ;) I get a 400g pack a week and have it stewed twice a week on average.

Ugh. Went in to drop off some work and stopped by the pound shop, faced with it's wall of sweeties. Felt a bit like a 'treat' so thought I'd nip to boots for an Atkins bar.

Ugh ugh ugh. Lovely first bite of it. Got about half way through though (ate in bits over a couple of hours) and suddenly felt really sick.

Still feel sick now. Stomach feels odd and the bitter aftertaste is bleh. Threw the other half away and won't be tempted again. Much prefer tea with sweeteners.

Anyway, exhausted now and going to bed.

The only one I Iike is the Atkins Crispy Bar, nice n light but make sure your near a loo if you eat a whole one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I tried one of the Atkins bars last Fri, had it for lunch, never again, it was gone in a flash and i was hungry again in a couple of hours.

The only Atkins bar I've tried is the coconut one, and that had a really weird aftertaste for me. That rather put me off trying any others!

I've been inspired by you to get some rhubarb - haven't had it in years, so it's almost a treat!:D

Rhubarb is a MUCH better treat.

I've had Atkins bars before and I think they were responsible for wrecking the diet for me at the time, but I must have been able to eat them in those days. This time I thought I'd just have in emergencies but... Bleh, no. Am glad they're so horrid though, honestly. I won't have one again.

Menu:

10g peanut butter
2/3 Atkins choc decadence bar

Rump steak
250g cauli with 60g phili.

Tea with alpro.

26g carbs Inc meds according to mfp.

Just the one actual meal as I slept all day. Calories worked out ok though.

Some lovely recipe's Moonlights.

I am sorry to hear you are so ill. I hope you feel much better quickly.

Oops, I should probably not mention things like hospital if it makes people worry! I'm like this all the time, just a few chronic problems I learn to live with. Hospital visits are routine, nothing to worry over.

So! Other topics... Except I have nothing exciting to talk about.

(boring moonlights is lonely stuff)

Last edited:
Sometimes it is just pure luck. My niece met her hubby in a US airport, she had a ten hour wait for her connecting flight to London, he was on his way to New York, they got talking, he cancelled his flight to wait with her and now 8 years later they are married with 2 little ones. You could meet someone anywhere. Good luck

You sound absolutely lovely Moonlights and your still so young. You can meet people in the most unexpected ways. Wish I could wave a wand and have you not hate your body. I'm sure no one will be horrified when they meet you. What about a club of some sort- book- travel?
]
PS I'm a crazy cat lady lol.:kitty:

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It seems like it's down to crazy coincidences, then. I've just gone an awfully long time without one materializing.

Menu today not great:

10g peanut butter
15g blueberries

40g Brie
30g kp peanuts

Pork belly slices
100g celeriac

Tea with alpro

21g Inc meds, says mfp.

Looking forward to roast beef tomorrow.

Oh noooo, I weigh more than iron man and i am just a 5'2" girl who doesn't even do any crimefighting or superheroeing at all.
tumblr_m3kmo8EjLI1r3zop1o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Morning Moonlights, crimefighting and superheroing is a great way to meet someone lol.

I was 36 when I met my OH. You've got loads of time. :)

moonlights said:
Thanks guys. It seems like it's down to crazy coincidences, then. I've just gone an awfully long time without one materializing.

Menu today not great:

10g peanut butter
15g blueberries

40g Brie
30g kp peanuts

Pork belly slices
100g celeriac

Tea with alpro

21g Inc meds, says mfp.

Looking forward to roast beef tomorrow.

You need to read The Secret.....think positively to attract positivity in your life!!! Honest it really does make a huge difference.....and for goodness sake woman your only 30! You should leave the 'my body is horrendous' for when your 80/90 because then it probably will be ;0p

And remember, most guys have body hang ups about themselves just like us, so relax :)

Baby steps, and yes you need to get out there a bit, go to alternative groups that interest you as said above, book clubs, photography groups etc etc.....

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Moonlights, you are doing brilliantly, I met my hubby when I was parking my car, I shot up on the curb and clipped his foot! After a few choice comments about my driving we got talking and that was it! We are like chalk and cheese but have been happily married for 20 years!
Sometimes love is in the most unusual places and the person we fall in love with is not at all the type of person we imagined being in love with, ( does that make sense?) :)

LOL some fab stories there - wtg on the driving front there Sandra :D

Hi Moonlights - I'm much older than you and much bigger, but you could have been expressing my own thoughts about fear of what men might think - but you know hun, most men don't care that much about appearance (apart from very stupid men on reality tv). I think as women we are much too hard on ourselves and forget that it's all about personality - but I know this is easy to say, harder to follow through on!

And I'm a mad cat lady too :)

Back