Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Nooo idea. I'll have to look things up I suppose. V much doubt I could eat a bucket of broccoli a day(I only like it cooked to oblivion anyway).

Hi moonlight - you are working really hard on this. Remember even 50g carb is low carb which might help with your meds too - the 20g is just to get people off their sugar when they first start
Xxxx

Very true Katie - I must admit I couldn't cope without my sweetener though. Use canderel and have sweet tea daily and now I'll have to add a big mug of alpro daily too.

Considering trying to make custard with alpro today... While making Swiss roll yesterday I managed to drop and smash the measuring jug and slice my leg and foot up from the knee down though. I'm not graceful in the kitchen.

Have ordered some other essences (gave been using vanilla) ordered banana, chocolate etc to see if I can turn my alpro mugs into milkshakes.

Had nice hospital visit yesterday, new consultant is lovely and much less scary than the last. He thinks I nay be able to get by on vitamin infusions/injections every few months rather than having massive chemical washes - but said if he does need to use those he'll be gentle about it. So had lots of bloods, a scan, jab and infusion today, back in soon for a MRI, then to see a consultant gastroenterologist who can order different tests that my consultant wants but can't order under his jurisdiction. Then maybe a blood transfusion for my iron. Lots to do. Hope they don't find anything else scary.

Found out yesterday that the normal range for vit. D is 75-100 - my level? 12. Bit under then. And that's despite taking two multivits and 4 calcichew D3 every day for a year...

ANYWAY no more rambling about medical nonsense.

Scratch the steak and celeriac from last night, I fell asleep and didn't have it. Means my calories were very low but will make it up today with roast chicken dinner, plus need to have steak for breakfast as I defrosted it.

Oh and does anyone know if bunless macdonalds burgers stall people? Bit gross I know but would be convenient for mon.

Morning moonlights... I have been fine on bunkers maccie D's ...

Hope you have a good day and hopefully the docs will help you feel better soon ... Xx

Morning love

The new consultant sounds great, and I think the vits approach sounds much better than very scary sounding chemical washes! Sorry you cut up your leg, I'm always dropping things in the kitchen too.

I can't say about the bunless Maccas, could never trust myself, but am pretty sure everyone else says they are OK.

May try one on mon then and see how it goes, eek!

Now, thinking about trying to make custard...

Hmmm it's in the fridge to see if it's better cold but soya custard may be a no from me.

Was just going to say, you can make excellent milkshakes with soya milk (or indeed any sort of milk, pretty much) if you have one of those little milk frother thingies that look like teeny little whisks. They run off a battery in the handle and are supposed to be for frothing the milk for cappucinos. They are brilliant for that but they are also brilliant for milkshakes if you have the milk cold straight from the fridge. Ours cost £8 I think it was, from Sainsbury.

And all this talk about custard means that I think I am going to go and make some too.... hope yours is ok once it has chilled. I need to go and look for a recipe now....

Hope tomorrow goes well. Well done on the loose jeans :D xxxx

Eaten the world today, compensating for very little yesterday

Menu:

Fillet steak in butter

Roast chicken
Cabbage
Asparagus
Leeks
Celeriac
1/2 tbsp peas
1/2 tbsp corn
5g parsnip

200g rhubarb
Couple spoonfuls fail!custard

30g cheddar
30g salami

Zero noodles in beef stock with a little soy sauce, garlic and spring onion

All in all mfp says 1560 cals and 36g carbs.

So high on the carbs today, though still only 15g carbs not including my meds.

Well I had the maccy D's. Ordered a quarter pounder meal with side salad and then took the meat out of the bun and put it in the salad bowl so I'd look normal eating it (didn't eat the salad though, it looked mank). Tasty (I like the occasional burger) but surprisingly un-filling. If I got a normal 1/4 pounder meal with chips I wouldn't be able to finish it, but just the meat is, I suppose, not terribly much.

Menu:

Burger (just the meat and cheese)

Pack M&S crispy bacon (not v nice)

250g cauli
50g Philly
2 spears asparagus

2 large mugs of alpro. One with vanilla essence, one with chocolate essence. Very tasty.

Quoth MFP: 29g carbs

Morning ML.... Food sounds yum! Hope you have a good day xx

Morning Moonlight, sounds like a very positive hospital visit.

OK I have to ask about the alpro soya. Is it the yogurt? The ones I've seen in the grocery stores are very carby? Is there something else?

Ah no, I wish there was nearly 0 carb yogurt! I used to write in the full title:

Alpro light unsweetened soya milk.

I use it instead of regular milk, mainly for tea but since being told I needed to drink a pint of milk a day (!!) I've been having mugs of alpro with sweetener and a touch of flavouring essence. 0.1g carbs per 100ml.

If I got a normal 1/4 pounder meal with chips I wouldn't be able to finish it, but just the meat is, I suppose, not terribly much.

I think that's because they put sugar in the buns?

I like the Alpro soya yog too - but am using Easiyo greek yog at the moment, about 6g carbs per 100g but tastes really lovely.

It's probably just because bread is bulkier - like sandwiches, the filling is next to nothing really, it's all bread.

Yogurt is still too high carb for me. I'll stick with my alpro milk ;)

Evening moonlight - havent had a burger recently - admit i usually have to eat a bunch of salad, cheese and other stuff as well!

I don't usually go for them but now and again... I might have doubled up if they weren't so high cal.

And I'm having a few wee cravings today which is unusual.

Back