Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

That's really weird ... When are you due back to the doc? Have you got different meds? They may be reacting just to steak ... Weird but it needs exploring xx

Nope haven't started the new meds. Will mention it to my gastroenterologist next appointment.

I have had beef betweentimes. Just thin precooked slices but still. Really really odd. Just been sick again. Chest aches.

Steer clear til you get it sorted! Hugs xx

Well, bit of an odd menu what with tonights nonsense.

30g salami
45g cheddar
25g spring onion

1 'good little sausage'
(because they'd been cooked for me - not a sausage fan)

Fillet steak and button mushrooms
(didn't keep much down)

20g blueberries
(taking away the ick taste)

200g rubarb
50g kp salt n vinegar peanuts
(to get fat and cals up)

Banana alpro

MFP says 24g carbs Inc meds.

Morning ML... Hope you have a settled non-sick day! Xx

How did you sweeten the rhubarb?

Goodness, you are in the wars at the moment :(. That's weird about the beef - definitely worth asking a doc about it.

Hope your food doesn't fight you today! xx

I stick the rhubarb in a pan, add water and a few canderel tablets and boil. I basically use canderel tabs for everything, they're about 0.1 carb per tab and give me no problems, unlke most other sweeteners.

Poor thing, I get IBS-type stomach pains and the runs when I eat red meat, especially after 9pm. Hope you feel much better today xxx

Snacky and mild type day as my stomach is still a little unsettled.

Swiss roll

180g cauliflower
30g phili
A little mustard and butter

Napoli salami crisps
180g celeriac
30g cheddar
Wafer thin beef slices

Mug soya milk

The man from mfp he say 28g carbs

Another snacky day: slept through regular meals

Poached egg
Scrambled egg with butter
2 (thick) asparagus spears

Smoked salmon and Philly

40g beef slices, dab of horseradish
25g cheddar
50g salt n vinegar peanuts

Tea with alpro

Mfp carbs Inc meds : 22

Wish TOTM was over. Owwwwwwww.

Oh bless you ML... The only positive coming from my ops is that I don't have totm issues any more! Thank goodness...

Love your menus ... And am going to try my rhubarb with canderel today! Fingers crossed that it works for me too - would be great to find a sf that didn't stall me or make me gain!

Hope you have a trouble free Sunday xxx

Ooh good luck with the rhubarb! And I hope candarel is ok for you - the tablets right? I don't like granulated sweetener as it has other stuff added (which is carby) to stop it clumping together. Tablets are nearly carb free.

I don't get on with splenda, possibly as it's derived from sugar.

Stevia (liquid) made my tea taste funny.

Xylitol gave me the raging runs and stalls me as do almost all other 'ol' sweeteners - malitol etc.

I like agave nectar but too carby for Atkins.

Canderel has been around so long and just gives me no problems. As you can see I've experimented with the alternatives but just go back to canderel.

Hope alls well with you after your ops? I didn't have periods for a few years (which is a contributory factor to my osteoporosis - if anyone reading this is post or peri-menopausal TAKE CALCIUM SUPPLEMENTS - you lose lots of bone mass when not having regular hormone cycles) and I must say I never missed them - but had to get them back as I am still hopeful for kids one day.

Getting excited about trying the canderel!! Thank you ML!

I take calcium supplement and a whole raft of others which help me psychologically ... Not sure they do much else! Lol

Did you try it? Fingers crossed it's okay for you.

Today:

2 egg omelette with
30g cheddar
Little bit spring onion

Roast pork & crackling
Cabbage
Leek
Celeriac
Asparagus
Spoonful of peas

50g strawbs
20g bluebs
Little bit of cream

30g pie d'angeloy cheese
Salami milano

Mfp says Inc meds this is: 31g carbs

Love your menu ML! What's the pie d'angeloy? Sounds interesting...

Haven't tried canderel yet as I need to see movement on scales first otherwise wouldn't know if it stalls or not...lol

Ah... Sounds interesting! X

I bought it because it was cheap in the supermarket to be honest! It's a bit like a creamy Brie... It's ok but might not get it again.

Lovely sunny day out at the mo. If I can work up the energy I might get out for a walk in the park.

I've been procrastinating terribly over everything the last few days. So shoddy at motivating myself.

Back