Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Aww bless Andy Murray. Did anyone manage not to sob over his speech? I just found out today he was a survivor of the Dunblane massacre, too. What a thing to come through.

I keep being sick this afternoon. Not fun.

Last edited:
Oh no ML! Just take care! Xxx

His mother looks a tough cookie! :)

She does, doesn't she. She looked like she was trying to make Federer explode using the power of her thousand yard glare. Bless her when she burst into tears at the end though. Can't have been a dry eye on centre court. I know Federer wanted to win Wimbledon in front of his cute twin girls though, and he may not get another chance - can't begrudge him that.

Feeling a little better now. Every so often my body just seems to disagree with something and hit instant eject mode. In this instance I think it was pork crackling, although I'd been feeling a bit off since this morning...

Food...

Almond cupcakes

Roast pork
Asparagus
Broccoli
Celeriac
Cauli
Courgette
Leek
1/2 tbsp peas
(finishing off all the veg in the house!)

Salami Milano
Cheddar

1/2 mug alpro

Mfp: 31g carbs

Veg overload! Trying quite a meaty week next week.

Hi ML, Evil pork cracklings! Soooo good though...

Poor Murray , he played well yesterday, I think he's probably nursing a few bruises today from all that falling around.

I hope you are feeling better today and sending you good vibes for the week. ~ ~ ~ Fingers crossed your new injections help x

Morning ML

Sorry you've been a bit unwell, I would occasionally get a bit sicky after belly pork :( All that veg sounds good though :)

Have a fab day xx

Morning ML ... I'm going to go with more meat, fish and eggs this week. Hope tummy settles today xx

He did play well - won his first ever set in a grand slam final. I'm glad the papers can't all say he was useless, he really fought.

I'm usually fine with belly pork - this was shoulder but from a rare breed pig and it seems like it was rare because it was extra fatty! Too much so for me!

Di - I am trying for much the same although I love my veg too much to be primarily carnivore for long!

gosh ML glad you feel a little better.
my mum won't eat anything with pork,she reckons that's what made her megga ill last year.

Evening ML... I should do a few days of just meat, fish and eggs to start me off again... Hope you've had a good day? Xxx

I'd wait until you're better and off the meds if you can, I'm sure you'll need the extra nutrition while you're sickly.

Food today:

1/4 rotisserie chicken
Mayo

3 scallops
Pancetta

Venison steak
2 fried egg yolks
Spring onion

Mug alpro

Mfp: 17g carbs

Oooh scallops and pancetta, yummy yum.

Btw am going to make your courgette soup today if I can convince my other half.

Hope you have a good day today!

Dietkitty said:
I left some courgettes in the fridge at home. I expect they will have turned themselves into soup by now lol.

Lol! The bottom of the veg shelf in my fridge is a scary place... That's where all the lonely orphaned veg go to die and turn into soup. :(

Courgette soup is Susies! I haven't tried it yet - I would say one for winter but winter is what it feels like anyways

I am so fed up with this weather. I get very cold with assorted deficiencies and I spend all winter longing for summer and it's just not happening. I even booked a few days in Cornwall - on my own which I don't feel great about to begin with but it would be my first tiny holiday in 8 years or so and I was looking forward to sitting writing on the beach. Well it looks like it will piss down, I'll freeze and be stuck in a single room in a B&B for 5 days. I would cancel but have paid for train tickets and non refundable £30 on B&B...

I wish I could be even a little bit warm.

All I can say is Cornwall is ok, even in the rain. We always get loads of rain when we go but somehow it doesn't matter. It's such a great place to unwind ML. You will enjoy it I'm sure.

It's just tricky as I'll be doing things on my own - won't be sitting in restaurants etc so finding a nice quiet spot on a warm beach in the evening was my hope. I've booked a couple of day trips but don't know if they'll run in heavy rain either - and I'm no good when it's slippery, I have one clunky leg and with the bone problems get scared of falling. But I really really want to be able to walk around tintagel.

Oh well. Got a wee half hours walk in during the 40 minutes we had between pelting rain showers today, so that was nice.

Oooh I wish I could come with you, Tintagel is amazing!!! (as we've discussed, I think?).

Try to get to the museum/gallery place in Tintagel the village, it's a big dark room full of arts and crafts styly paintings, which tell the story of Arthur and the Knights, pretty much along the Morte D'Arthur storyline. I loved it :)

Listen hun, you'll be fine, just keep thinking Shirley Valentine :) xxxx

Hugs ML... It sounds so hard to do anything... There are so many lovely things to do in Cornwall... Galleries and cute shops and craft places... I hope you find some yummy things to do! Xxxx

Back