Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Morning ML, goodness you were up early! Hope you managed to get some rest, frustrating not being able to sleep. And also hope you enjoyed the festival!

Re your holiday - I have only been on holiday by myself once. I was seriously doubtful about it - long journey, what would I do all by myself at the other end, what was the point in going in the first place, I could relax at home if I wanted to.... To tell the truth was pushed into it by friends. For the first 3 days did almost nothing but sleep and hardly came out of my room. After that I still didn't do much, did not go and see any famous places or anything like that, just went for little walks and ordered coffee and sat watching the world go by. And was surprised to find that I enjoyed myself. It turned out that the point - for me - was that I wouldn't have relaxed like that at home, there would always have been something that I 'needed' to be doing.

Whether you decide go to Cornwall or stay at home, I hope things go well for you.

Morning ML... Hope you feel better today - that injection sounds brutal!

What a dilemma about your hols! I'm so sorry you're having so much angst! I hope you work out what's best for you... Whatever you decide will be the right decision for you right now!

Hugs xxx

Afternoon sweetie

Really sorry you're not getting much sleep, is it because of the jab?

Re Cornwall - please don't stress about whatever you decide to do, whether you go or stay at home - big hugs xxxxx

PS - when's your b'day?

It's not brutal - I'd be surprised if a few people on here didn't get B12 top ups now and then. I'm on a 3 month schedule because the deficiency is chronic. It's just a jab into the muscle at the top of the arm. Stings for 2 minutes then done.

(vitamin D they do in your bottom and it feels like you have a golf ball sized lump on your arse for a couple of days after: fun facts you may not have known)

I'm not really complaining - the B12 has unfogged my mind for a bit which I desperately needed. It just makes it hard to switch the brain off when the body needs to and I'm exhausted and achy after traipsing round in the mud yesterday. But it won't last more than a week at that level - sign it's working!

Still not 100 percent decided on Cornwall. I just don't know. I don't really have friends locally these days - they all moved when I was sick and now live too far to see them or match our schedules, plus traveling any distance has been impossible for me for a long time. Plus they're married or just at different points to me - or their idea of fun is clubbing all night and I'm not strong enough to keep up even if I wanted to. It's pretty isolating. And hence why I don't have people to go on holiday with.

I'm one of these fussy people. I don't enjoy being on my own but I can't go with just anyone.

Eh well.

Tummy feels better today thank goodness!!!

Food:

Venison steak
2 fried egg yolks
Spring onion

Parma ham

Pork chop
Asparagus

Mug of alpro

Mfp: 17g carbs

No cravings today and not much appetite, really.

Still can't decide about Cornwall.

Nice menu ML... Hope the right decision plops into your head soon ... Hugs xx

Hey ML, we have those b12 booster shots in SA when we are ill with flu. I asked my gp here for one when I was very sick and he said well this is not SA, and he cannot just give boosters out freely..

Afternoon ML...hope your day has gone ok?

TT... Very interesting to hear what other countries provide !

X

I'm not sure exactly what good B12 would be for the flu - I have them because B12 deficiency is a side effect of my iron deficiency anaemia but I know all the famous people take them privately to top their energy up. On the NHS they are only for prescription deficiencies though, yep. I had to go through a year of regular blood tests showing a consistent deficiency before mine were switched from occasional to the 3-monthly one. They've been going through my supplements recently and automatically changing brands to cheaper ones and I keep having to contact them to check the new ones actually have what I need (most recently they changed my calcium carbonate-citrate mix to just calcium carbonate and I need the additional citrate for kidney problems). You have to practically be a doctor yourself to know what's going on half the time.

Food today:

Filling from 2 BK bacon and egg baps

Bit of roast chicken & mayo
Spring onion

5 slices pancetta
80g scallops
Spring onion

Prawns & mayo

Mug of alpro

Bit snacky rather than proper meals. Mfp: 19g carbs

Yes I am addicted to spring onion.

Also I cancelled Cornwall. Sad but also relieved. Maybe I'll go when I can wrangle someone with a car into coming with me so I can spend whole days at St Michaels Mount and Tintagel. And I think the B&B are going to refund my deposit so at least I'll only have vomited the train fare into the void. If the weather turns out nice next week I might hop onto a train to Brighton or Windsor to fix my sitting by the water jones.

Depending on how October-November ends up looking workwise and moneywise I might look at renting an apartment in France. I shall get my wee holiday someday.

Evening ML, Sounds like you are a doctor!

Good that you've been able to cancel. Hopefully the time will be right soon and you'll get a nice warm sunny French holiday. x

Deal. I shall be in charge of getting us hopelessly lost on a regular basis.

Oh did I not warn you about me being geographically challenged?

Put a finger in your mouth, hold it up to the wind, see if it leads you....

Morning ML... Sounds like Its the right decision for you! Well done for making it...

Would that be Thelma and Louise?? Lol xx

Morning ML:). Loving the thelma and louise theme - but will insist you have working gps and will send out search party when you dont show up somewher lol;)

Hopefully GPS would stop anyone from Thelma and Louising it over a cliff! There again it's been known to direct people into lakes, so maybe the reverse would be true.

Think if the weather is nice I will do a few daytrips instead. Looking at bath. Surprisingly short train journey!

Relative visiting trip today. Think I have wrangled Atkins friendly food. Have made some almond fairycakes (all for me muahahaha) to take with although made them too watery as was trying to make the mix go further and they're a little soggy. Still.

Have decided to still take the full two weeks diet break rather than (as I'm doing this week on a possibly ill-advised basis) jumping ship then jumping back on two more times. I could take 3 days off for family things this weekend then Atkins from Mon to Thurs but it will barely be enough time to get back into K and I think it may not do my metabolism much good. So I'll just try and eat relatively moderately for the two weeks. Slightly terrifying.

I've had around 6 hrs sleep in the last 72. Flipping B12.

afternoon ML
holiday in France sounds nice.
any chance of a cat nap ?

Hi moonlights, pity about Cornwall, but you have to do what feels right for you. The weather does look to be picking up, so those day trips sound like a good idea :)

How on earth do you survive on 6 hours sleep out of 72?? That boggles the mind, I have to say. Hope you start getting a bit more shut-eye soon xx

Back