Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

It's nice to do something nice for you Moonlight. I found it next to the oils.. :)

I was so excited this evening I made your fairy cakes AND the bark, and what results! The cakes were lovely, although a low carb whipping cream/buttercream cream recipe I pulled from the net was not so great. And the bark...! I might have added a touch too much cocoa powder as I found it a touch bitter, but I put two extra teaspoons of Splenda and another blob of cream in and it was lovely. Kind of aromatic, with a delicious cool melt in the mouth sensation. I think I might be a groupie of yours now lol.

I think we should buy some silicon truffle moulds..it'd be great for making chocolates for Christmas!

Thanks again Moonlight x x

You could definitely do bark in those little plastic chocolate mold sheets and just pop one out when you fancy one. I'm using the bottom of an old take away carton for now ;) so glad the recipes worked for you!

Nb. I've actually cut the amount of cocoa powder right down in mine, 1 tbsp is too much. I do around 1 tsp now.

Food today:

Cheesy bolognese bake

Cocoa bark

More cheesy bolognese bake with celeriac chips and guacamole

Flax porridge

Mfp: 27g carbs

Cheesy bolognese bake was:

70g shallots finely chopped
400g beef mince
100g chopped mushrooms
1 jar marks and sparks tomato and basil sauce
200g soft cheese
80g cheddar (grated).

Lightly fry shallots and mushrooms, then brown the mince and stir the three together. Pour in the jar of sauce and simmer for a while, then transfer to a glass dish.

Melt the cream cheese and pour over - then sprinkle the cheddar evenly over the top. Put in a medium hot oven for 20 mins.

Makes 4 portions, approx 360 calories and 5g carbs per portion.

It's pretty much cheeseburger pie but without the egg, which I found offputting when I made it before, and with a tomatoey base. You could easily do without the tomato sauce - or just add a couple of squirts of 1 carb ketchup - and cut the carb count down.

I will be finishing it off tomorrow but then probably won't have it again for a while, I'm just not that keen on mince.

image-2659501320.jpg

image-3158401861.jpg

Oh ml what a horrible situation to be put in...bloody families lol...think maybe I would throw a sickie (just a little white lie) hate that when people say ....that won't hurt you...but one meal can put you back a whole week and also can attack your motivation ....hope you sort it for the best.

thanks for the ideas in m & s .....I need to have a mooch about m & s and get some nice goodies :)

yes I don't fancy the idea of bun less burger or buying a tuna roll and picking out the filling ....and don't get me started on fridge raiders yuck....just thinking m & s also do snack packs of cooked sausages wonder how carry they are (thinking aloud lol)

oh that bake sounds delish will deffo have to give that a go
X

my friend said she just buys cumberland because they seem less carby but i couldn't find any carb info on the pack of the ones i saw in asda.

hope u manage to come up with a plan regarding the meal ml xx

I don't eat sausages but do magically know that the m&s uncooked ones - and their cooked frankfurters which are ready to eat - are nicely low carb. Not sure about the chipolatas, I think they have filler.

Hi, bake sounds delicious....hope you find solution for the weekend.

I'm starving right now and started dribbling at your pics ML - literally!! - I'm on a bus home and had to wipe the dribble away with my hankie! Lol

Thinking of having poached salmon from Tescos when I get home!! X

I think I need to follow you round London lobbing prawns at you on busy days, Di-ling. poached salmon sounds much tastier than wildebeest though!

Am not going on Saturday I don't think. It's a shame to miss another family event but one day I will be thin(ner) and won't have to say no any more.

It's just knowing that I'll be off plan in a month or so anyway and then Xmas is difficult - I need to take this time while I can. Even if I'll probably sts this week anyway due to sods law (and totm).

Oh yes! Do follow me around with prawns !!! Lol

Good that you've made a decision - if it feels like the right one for you then go with it !

Can't wait to start my Christmas DVDs.. I have to wait til at least mid October - and then out they come from their secret hiding place! I know I'm a nutter! Lol xx

Hope you have a good evening ML x

Haha what are your Christmas DVDs?

I have to say I loved Xmas more back when there were less money worries. I still do love it and look forward to it but have to do a lot of managing of my expectations. Its always good to see family etc though. And I love roast turkey and roast goose!

I think I still secretly wish it would be like when I was little and someone would come along and make it special for me. I always put a lot of effort and thought into other people, which I love doing, but other people have bigger concerns. Can't blame them really.

Food today:

Cheesy bolognese bake

Bacon, celeriac chips and guacamole

Flax porridge

Cocoa bark

Mfp: 26g carbs inc meds

Morning ML - what a rubbish night you've had!! Lisa - you're going to struggle today on that number of hours!

My Christmas dvds include Elf, The Grinch, Christmas in Connecticut, The Santa Claus, the Snowman, A Christmas Romance, White Christmas - there's loads more but I don't want to appear too weird!! ha ha xx

Obviously I include The Holiday and Love Actually, but I 'allow' myself to watch them occasionally during the year! lol

Morning ML hope you managed to get some sleep , you must be cream crackered! Hope you can have a restful day.
Love the Christmas DVD's I get such a warm glow when I watch any, The Holiday has to be in the top three !

Ahhhhh Christmas ....I'm not a Xmas type person...even more so now the kids are older..I like the day just don't like the build up ....this year we have decided to miss it altogether and booked a holiday....so will miss the build up :) we are back before new year so will have my Xmas day on New Year's Day I think.

hope u manage to get through the day...I hadn't slept well the past few days and I find I don't cope very well mentally...everything gets on top of me...but feeling much better today thankfully xx

bolognese bake looks amazing ML. Hope you get caught up on your sleep. My son is still suffering. Someone mentioned rescue drops to me the other day, you've probably tried everything. With our luck, they're prob full of carbs.

I have pretty much the same dvd's have you seen Christmas with the Kranks? - love it. :)

I love elf! You sit on a throne of LIES!!!! I just don't have much patience for watching films - an hour is about my limit with tv. Which is a pain as there are a lot of films I'd like to see but it's such a commitment!

Got 2hrs sleep and dreamt I'd made an accidental order from amazon - this huge box as big as a horse arrived at the door full of stills from an ancient episode of dr who - just images of a random blue faced alien over and over again - and the invoice was hundreds of thousands of pounds! Was panicking over how to return the things so not a restful 2 hours either!

Could nap this arvo but if I do I won't sleep tonight - but I may not manage to sleep tonight anyway, sigh.

I'm not entirely sure why you've sent me a map, stubbsey?

Food today:

Cheesy leek bake and bacon

Confit duck and spring onion

Cocoa bark

Mfp: 26g carbs

Cheesy leek bake:

200g leeks
70g soft cheese
Easy garlic or garlic salt
40g cheddar
Butter

Sauté leeks in a little butter until just getting soft, then mix in the soft cheese and garlic. Empty into a baking dish, sprinkle with cheddar and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until top is brown and bubbly.

Really tasty!

image-1398612462.jpg

image-2215911876.jpg

image-3030460557.jpg

image-3404362290.jpg

Last edited:
Back