Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Good luck with the exam, Diem! So glad i dint have those anymore.

I must look up her meatzza recipe - doesn't she know it's been an Atkins staple for years?!! I bet Atkins is how she's lost weight recently actually, it seems a nigella friendly diet.

Food today was scrumtastic

300g cauliflower with 50g seriously strong spreadable cheese, dash of mustard and garlic powder - cauli cheese

Venison steak and spring onion

Smoked salmon mousse parcels and prawns with green salad

Mfp: 30g carbs inc meds

Hey Moonlights! 5 months seems like a long time from here :) I know what you mean about temptation - I've found the balanced blood sugar on this diet brilliant for that. Before trying Exante (for the brief period I did) I had never imagined that the constant maddening craving for sugar was not just a part of who I was! ..I still love sweet things, but I can choose when to have them now, rather than being compelled..if that makes sense?

LadyB xx

Totally makes sense, lady b. it's like with the cocoa bark - when I first made it I was all omg I am going to eat this every day!! But I haven't fancied it for days now. I don't remember a day on my old carby lifestyle when I'd have turned my nose up at a bar of choc!

Ta for the recipe, sooosy dearest.

Sleepless again - well, I got an hour. Going to try and stay awake all day and cross everything that means I sleep tonight. Haven't had more than one night's sleep in a row for over 2 weeks.

On the upside being pumped full of vitamins has my head clearer so I'm being productive. I would be more so if I could bear to go back and do the revisions I need to on something. I'm terrible, if it's high pressure my brain just wants to avoid dealing with it.

Morning. Hope you got some zzzz's in. Got my recipes muddled - well forums actually I think lol. Someone posted about making pizza using gammon steak as the base as this in my head became the meatzza recipe. See what happens when I have the blonde put back in my hair ;)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

it's like with the cocoa bark - when I first made it I was all omg I am going to eat this every day!! But I haven't fancied it for days now. I don't remember a day on my old carby lifestyle when I'd have turned my nose up at a bar of choc!

I know what you mean ML - I was going to have some but instead had a coffee with Alpro cream, some sweetener and some chocolate essence - and that hit the sweet spot very nicely! Good to know the choc is there though.

Gosh I really hope you get some sleep tonight!

U might have also got confuzzled coz i posted Nigellas meatzza when i cooked it with a slight variation its on my recipe threat. I cooked it and it was ok not what i thought it would taste like tho

Salmon mousse parcels and venison steak? It's getting rather posh over here Moonlight lol! I'm so sorry to hear you're still running on so little sleep, I wouldn't be productive at all in that situation. It doesn't make you feel yourself. So well done on writing that 3000 word essay! That reminds me of my uni days, running over to the 24 hour shop at 2am to buy snacks lol.

I'm terrible, if it's high pressure my brain just wants to avoid dealing with it.

I'm exactly like that too!

LadyB xx

That's the marks and Spencer's effect. Vey posh ;)

I'm actually quite squeamish about meat sometimes so nice lean cuts like venison work for me - and I have been getting intense fish cravings lately.

Well as you can tell I'm awake at 3am. Stayed up until 10pm in hopes of sleeping through the night but woke at 2am.

Food yesterday:

Celeriac chips and mayo

Cocoa bark

Chinese duck with cucumber, spring onion, mayo

Mfp: 25g carbs

Oh man, no decent sleep for you again. That's worse than torture in my book. I really feel for you ML, I really do.
The Chinese duck (eek, that's not what predictive text wrote first time round!) Sounds grrrrreat.

Feeling very foggy headed, we'll see how I hold up today. Why does it always rain when I have a commute??

Afternoon, well done on the loss and next stone bracket. I hope you get some sleep soon. I have been experimenting with the bark, but my fav is still the original almond one.

Hi sweetie how are you feeling now?

I mean it about sending you the various herbal teas I have in the cupboard, I want to do a clean out before I move anyway, so you would be doing me a huge favour xxx

((hugs)) sweetie. Wishing you a good nights sleep x

I don't really like herbal teas unfortunately Susie. None I've ever tried anyway. Even earl grey is a bit too flowery for me - I'm a breakfast tea kind of girl. Thank you v much for the offer but I suspect they'd rot with me too.

Maybe I should have taken my herbal pills before sleep today. Got about 4 hrs again though which is better than nowt.

Hope everyone had a good day!

I ate:

Mini babybel and 3 slices streaky bacon

Chicken and red pepper skewers

Fillet steak, scallops and spring onions

Mfp: 18g carbs

Out most of the day and tired when I got home - today was low on calories, low on fat (ratio wise : about 50 percent) and mega high in protein. Not my usual pattern. Have been craving pure protein a bit lately though: I want to eat a whole roast chicken and loads of giant prawns!

A friend of mine who I used to be close to has a brand new gf, met them in town today. Just a bit wistful as I liked him a lot and he was very lovely to me but I was too unsure/scared to push anything back when we saw each other regularly. And am sure he never actually fancied me, just was nice, and I'm always so surprised when anyone is nice to me that it meant more than it should have. Anyway it was a couple of years ago and we hardly see each other now. I'm glad he's happy.

Just a bit wistful. I think all of my friends are paired up now. I have another friend I've written about here - early 30s, unutterably gorgeous, dating an athlete in her early 20s, also unutterably gorgeous. It's been a year or so for them now and they're still so in love, I'm always getting updates on how much they love each other and pictures etc. I know he and I would be incompatible as anything more than friends so I'm not jealous in that way - but my goodness I am jealous of them for loving each other that way.

Just wish I was thin and pretty so someone might at least give me the chance. Right now even if anyone did fancy me I don't think I could let it go anywhere as I am too horrified by my body. Can't take clothes off at the doctors without having a panic attack so that would go fantastically well in a romantic situation.

Am just very lonely.

Last edited:
i know what you mean about the getting naked thing, if i had not been with my oh since 1980 when i had just left school i don't think i would have to confidence to show anyone new, plus he saw it when it was fantastic, he is the reason it got fat in the first place lol making me eat and getting me pregnant (i was innocent in all these things!) what really wrecked my body was getting pregnant when i was overweight in the first place. with my first i have a picture of me and my dad belly to belly (he was a big man) i looked like the old wrestler giant haystack (minus the beard of course) even my hair looked fat.. ugh horrible

your a good weight now, have you spoken to the gp about getting referred for a tummy tuck? its worth a try xx

Back