Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Ohh that is gorgeous, I love the colour..

It's so cute, I adore it. Too short to wear with jeans so I'll have to find a skirt it works with.

And I see it's sold out right the way down to size 10 now. I'm glad I snagged one in time!

Today I've eaten:

2 lamb cutlets with 100g asparagus and 12g spring onion

2 egg omelette with 20g cheddar

Almond mim with 25ml cream

ETA: cheddar and peanut butter

Mfp: 25g carbs inc meds

Head hunger day today. I'm still kind of hungry-but-not.

Last edited:
Wel done on second jumper size 14 wow cant wait to lose weight from my top, it just keeps coming off my bottom half where i dont want it to, i am top heavy enough sigh, nice kitty cats too xxxx

Wish it would come off my bottom half! I have no chest left at all - used to be a D cup but now just nothing, horrible. Vile. And a huge stomach.

I wear Evans size 16 jeans but can't even get into any size jeans in some 'normal' shops because 'normal' jeans are not cut to accommodate a large stomach. My stomach also hangs low because it's mostly excess skin so I can't wear tops with jeans unless they come down to my thighs or people can see how misshapen I look.

That's basically me these days I'm afraid!

Going to put in my food now and update if it changes:

Food today:

prawns, 100g asparagus cooked in butter with mayo

Beef brisket in a sauce made with beef stock, 1 tbsp 1 carb ketchup, 1 tbsp wostershire sauce, 1/2 tbsp Japanese soya sauce, dash of sweetener - slow cooked for 4 hrs (for a 500g piece of beef) with spring onions and celeriac

Chunk of cheddar, flax porridge

Mfp: 28g carbs inc meds (meds are 11g)

image-3708901144.jpg

image-1656832359.jpg

For anyone interested in calorie levels - I am 5'2". My days worked out at 1214 cals Monday, 1874 cals Tuesday and 1634 (planned) today. That's roughly how my weeks go, sometimes I'll have a run of lower or higher days.

Supersmileyme said:
Omg, the brisket looks gorgeous!

I'll second that!

Moonlight, I was just wondering - did the dr say that when you were at the end of the waiting list, you would get the surgery on all the areas of loose skin on your body, or was it just a tummy tuck?

I was thinking today that if I was really really desperate.....(and please don't be offended)... I would consider applying to one of those TV programmes like Extreme Makeover who pay for all the surgery in one job lot. I know you have trouble with panic attacks, and being on TV would be a living nightmare for you - but that would be the last time you would ever have to be embarrassed again. It's just a crazy idea, and it's probably difficult to get accepted..but might be worth a shot? You do so deserve to be happy Moonlight x x

Someone I knew wanted a boob job, but couldn't afford it. She contacted loads of womens magazines to see if they wanted to take photos and have the story in a mag. One took her up on it and paid for it. I think with weight loss/obesity being so topical it could be worth a try for this type of surgery.

I'll second that!

Moonlight, I was just wondering - did the dr say that when you were at the end of the waiting list, you would get the surgery on all the areas of loose skin on your body, or was it just a tummy tuck?

The doctor said although he thinks I should be given the surgery it's near impossible to get on the NHS in my area and if I did the waiting list could be years. So it's unlikely I'd be able to have any NHS surgery at all. I'll ask again when I'm below BMI 30 and at least try, but 2 years is unfathomably awful as a concept - and i've heard it can be up to six. And thats for any surgery at all. I need arms, boobs, stomach and thighs, really.

I couldn't even vaguely consider going to a magazine or tv show. I'm an incredibly private person, won't even put pictures including my face on the internet. And as you say, with the panic problems... there's just no way I could deal. And I doubt any TV show/mag would offer to do it without showing my face! I could never give them before photos, either. I'm too horrified by myself, then and now, in different ways.

I'm not sure what to do, really. I was talking to a place that does surgery in poland and I have the added problem of all my deficiencies - they wouldnt agree to take me unless I got my iron level and others up to normal, which they never are except immediately after an infusion.

It, and I, am a mess, tbh.

i do sympathise i have evil bingo wings tummy and small area top of my thighs, i am not sure how much it willl actually shrink of its own accord. last time i lost a decent amount of weight i needed the tummy tuck. i just wear baggy tops that cover it, which only accentuates the fact that my top half is bigger than my bottom half. my friend has lost about 7 stone, she was bigger than me at the start and her skin has gone back nicely.. lucky moo

For anyone interested in calorie levels - I am 5'2". My days worked out at 1214 cals Monday, 1874 cals Tuesday and 1634 (planned) today. That's roughly how my weeks go, sometimes I'll have a run of lower or higher days.

I am interested (what a surprise!;))

You're sort of naturally calorie zig-zagging there, which is very different to me. My daily swings are usually no more than about 100 cals - it would be very rare for me to go from 1200 one day to nearly 1900 the next.

What do you reckon your daily average is over, say, a week? And are you finding that number is decreasing over time?

Back