Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

I love soup and must eat more.

I found when I went back to carbs I had a reverse reaction.

I suffered from extreme bloating and even had to go to the doctor because everyone at work noticed it too. I really did look about ready to give birth.

However after about 6 weeks, carbs stopped stopped making me bloated. Not sure it's a good thing, but did find it interesting, almost like my body had to get used to them again?

When you say that your body reacted to the carbs, what kind of carbs are you referring to? I had the same reaction to rice and buckwheat pasta when I re-introduced them after a while. After a week it settled down a bit but I had to use hot water bottles and IBS meds.

Made some really really tasty cream cheese pancakes with cinnamon last night, nomnomnom. Also snarfled a banana (note: am not currently following Atkins, just noodling along moderately low carbing and roughly maintaining).

It's interesting to note that I don't have the same (bloated, painful) reaction to upping my carbs via vegetables as I do via wheat. I also dropped a few lbs overnight despite yesterday's calories being just over 2000 (cream cheese pancakes, banana, roast beef dinner, boiled eggs and butter) and carbs being 80g.

Not really significant as my weight has been up a bit anyway, so it's likely just water, but just shows there's no efficient equation for weight loss.

image-3485732481.jpg

Cream cheese cinnamon American pancakes.

3 medium eggs
75g soft cheese
20g almond flour or flaxmeal (optional)
Pinch baking powder
Cinnamon to taste
Sweetener to taste

Mix it all up and fry, flipping once! The almond or flax addition gives it a bit more body but isn't totally necessary - you could also whisk the egg whites and fold them into the mix to make them thicker and fluffier.

Mega mega tasty and very filling. These are a good breakfast food and taste as good cold as hot so would also be fantastic in lunchboxes.

I was thinking that savoury ones without the sweetener and cinnamon but with herbs and Parmesan in the mix would make fab blinis to have with smoked salmon, or to make mini sandwiches with.

Food today - lamb cutlets, steak and scallops with spring onion, cream cheese pancakes, 1 banana.

Re soups: I almost never actually have soup but Susie on here does a great courgette soup. I mainly just have chicken stock, sometimes with soft cooked broccoli mushed up in it. I should think broccoli and Stilton soup would work too?

Susie on here does a great courgette soup

Why thank you thank you :)

It's easy peasy -

Top and tail 3-4 medium courgettes, chop into chunks and throw in a large pan.

Bring to boil, then simmer until they're soft.

Add a Knorr Herb Infusion stockpot (delish) and then blend to your required consistency using a hand or regular blender.

Bonne appetite! :D

Hi, the pancakes sound lovely, I will try them soon, also I can vouch for Susie's courgette soup and so easy to make.
Well done on maintaining at the moment.

Iv made cream cheese pan cakes before, those sound lovely so i will give them a try thanks Ml

Well goodness knows what my body thinks its doing - I've been on an eating marathon (totm approaches but I think my vitamin/mineral levels are running low again and causing my body to feel desperate too, particularly in this cold. I've had a problem with some of the meds I'm
Supposed to be taking...) - I've been around 2000 calories a day for the last 3 days and between 50-80g carbs and lost 5lb in that time. Bizzare. But I think my body really has been needing the extra calories for some reason and maybe it's letting go of emergency supplies now I've fed it properly? I usually hover between 1400-1600 a day.

Aaaanyway I'll no doubt pile it back on over Easter weekend (I've been eating enough carbs to keep myself out of ketosis partly because Easter has been so close) but after Easter I'll have a clear run at things for a while. I just hope to goodness it warms up by then, warmer weather makes everything easier.

Roast chicken and butternut for tomorrow, yummm.

Wow ml well done on the loss, does that give you some leeway so that you can relax a little at Easter and have a few treats?

Well done on the 5lbs hun - I really do think there is sense to the up/down eating pattern, to shock your body into losing (iyswim).

That definitely happens to me too :)

Lost the last bit of my sticking weight this morning so i am back at my best weight of 11 stone any losses now are a bonus! But i think u are right. My problem started with two separate weekends first a huge roast the second my son was in hospital and i ended up with a carb fest to stay awake all night and day!

Wow ml well done on the loss, does that give you some leeway so that you can relax a little at Easter and have a few treats?

Ha! No this weekend it will all go back on with a few friends I'm sure. I'm not relaxing a little - relaxing a lot is what I've been doing all month, to maintain rather than lose - and I'll be totally off plan from fri until weds next week. But if it does it will come back off, that's what matters I guess.

Stubbsey - I have roasts at least once a week, just without the potato etc. Love them! Well done on getting back to 11st!

Wow ML! That is fantastic. I may try this moderate carbs approach as can't go in to ketosis because of recent dehydration which I was hospitalised for.

Am going to do the Jason Vale 5 day juice detox first though!!

Is that just juice or juice with food? I hope the latter as you need to build your strength up!

Is that just juice or juice with food? I hope the latter as you need to build your strength up!

It's just juice. I am completely better now - just need to detox and shift some weight.. Luckily, I am only 4 pounds up still but I am 46 pounds above target and just generally unhealthy judging from the amount of illnesses I keep getting! Jx

Back