Moonwatcher's Atkins Diary

Hi moonwatcher, glad you are back did you haven't given up. The fact you are still here replying is a good sign. You've taken a few days out and thought about what you could change, that is what I call a step in the right direction. Don't beat yourself up with any sticks :)

I think a few days grace is a good idea. We all need that sometimes. And its encouraging that you've been maintaining despite not being on plan.

Hope you have a lovely wedding anniversary.

Quick check in to keep myself a little accountable!

Food today (in no particular order!)

2 Mrs Crimble's gluten free coconut jam macaroons

Latte with gluten free cappucino cake

Wetherspoon's Surf and turf with peas, mushroom, tomato, half the chips, peppercorn sauce, double Gordon's and tonic

Piece of wheat free ginger cake with extra thick cream

One gluten free Jaffa cake (never again!)

Handful of jumbo chilli peanuts

Two coffees with cream, water, rose earl grey with almond milk, diet ginger beer

Really hitting the gluten free cakes today - gluten free macaroons for breakfast, I ask you! The cappucino cake was the only 'unplanned' one. We went shopping and stopped off for a coffee in a teeny coffee shop. Unexpectedly they had gluten free cake on the menu. Would have been rude not to have a piece after they had made the effort. Not a very productive shopping trip - got a pair of jeans and a couple of tops, nothing too exciting.

So, first day of the weekend off is over and done. May squeeze in another peanut or twenty. Chilling with the BGT final.

Totally off topic I know but...

I'm watching Britain's Got Talent on ITV +1, so don't know who has won yet. Am I the only person who thinks that as it is 'Britain's' Got Talent, that the acts should be from Britain?

I'm watching Britain's Got Talent on ITV +1, so don't know who has won yet. Am I the only person who thinks that as it is 'Britain's' Got Talent, that the acts should be from Britain?

Haha! Apparently 'yes'... that's me in my place then! :rolleyes:

Haha! Apparently 'yes'... that's me in my place then! :rolleyes:

Don't watch BGT so not sure about the being put in your "place", have I missed something?? Some friends were discussing BGT last night though and I was pretty amused by the range of alleged "talents" that people have gone on the show with. Apparently the New Zealand version after a few season's changed the name to New Zealand's Got Talent ? after the first couple of series ;)

Yesterday's food sounds very yummy, especially the gluten free cappochino cake. It definitely would have been rude not to. And I think sometimes when you have had a bit of knock diet-wise and are having a few days of it can actually pay to treat yourself a little bit as it somehow makes it easier to go back to being more disciplined when you go back on plan. And its not like you have completely thrown caution to the wind by the sounds of that food diary.

Have a fab anniversary today x

I don't like to watch it because I believe it's all fake and set up. Then the ones that do win bless them get used and abused by management to the point you rarely see them again unless its in the headlines with drink and depression from being used Nd abused. Bleghhh off my soapbox now.

ive seen those coconut macaroons before, always thought we couldn't have them on Atkins but then I've been eating cows worth of fruit cheese so maybe a macaroon wouldn't be so bad.

glad to see you back open track :)

I've been eating cows worth of fruit cheese so maybe a macaroon wouldn't be so bad.

Hahaha excellent saying!

The macaroons are full of polyols, I believe - fake sugars that can give some people really (and I mean really) upset tummies. Thorntons chocolate is the same.

It's best not to turn to sugar free stuff if you can - I know it can be hard, but there's always cream cheese cheesecake, cinnamon Mims or chocolate bark! :)

Lol agreed susie, I'd left them alone up to now so will keep with my choc bark instead. Funnily enough not interested in sweet stuff which is freaky for me but loving my cows worth of cheese :)

Nope, I agree with you! But they were really good lol. Hope you had a lovely anniversary yesterday. I was on a bit of a bender on holiday last week but got straight back on track once I was home.

Hey moonwatcher. Hoping that re-starting in full-on induction mode has gone well for you today x

Don't watch BGT so not sure about the being put in your "place", have I missed something?? Some friends were discussing BGT last night though and I was pretty amused by the range of alleged "talents" that people have gone on the show with. Apparently the New Zealand version after a few season's changed the name to New Zealand's Got Talent ? after the first couple of series ;)

Yesterday's food sounds very yummy, especially the gluten free cappochino cake. It definitely would have been rude not to. And I think sometimes when you have had a bit of knock diet-wise and are having a few days of it can actually pay to treat yourself a little bit as it somehow makes it easier to go back to being more disciplined when you go back on plan. And its not like you have completely thrown caution to the wind by the sounds of that food diary.

Have a fab anniversary today x

Well it is supposedly decided by a public vote Atomic, and the winners were a, um,actually not sure what to call them - they were a sort of shadow dance/physical theatre group, from Hungary. Admittedly they were very good, but they aren't British talent, which was my gripe. Apparently they were voted the winners though.

Yes I enjoyed my 'time off' - six pounds up this morning though! Some will be water bloat I suppose, although had to leave one of my rings at home this morning as it was suddenly too loose. Go figure, as they say!

I don't like to watch it because I believe it's all fake and set up. Then the ones that do win bless them get used and abused by management to the point you rarely see them again unless its in the headlines with drink and depression from being used Nd abused. Bleghhh off my soapbox now.

ive seen those coconut macaroons before, always thought we couldn't have them on Atkins but then I've been eating cows worth of fruit cheese so maybe a macaroon wouldn't be so bad.

glad to see you back open track :)

I like the variety show aspect of the semi finals and final - not so much the cringeworthy auditions, which can be very cruel.

The macaroons were over the weekend while I was still having my 'time off' so I wouldn't risk them on Atkins, although may try an Atkins friendly version once on OWL. Back on track from today. :)

Nope, I agree with you! But they were really good lol. Hope you had a lovely anniversary yesterday. I was on a bit of a bender on holiday last week but got straight back on track once I was home.

Hey moonwatcher. Hoping that re-starting in full-on induction mode has gone well for you today x

Yes - quite happy to be back in control again today, although not so happy about the gain - actually it's not six pounds for the week, it's up six pounds since my lowest a couple of weeks ago, so here we go again, I hope! We had a lovely weekend and diet time off now and again keeps me sane I think.

Lol agreed susie, I'd left them alone up to now so will keep with my choc bark instead. Funnily enough not interested in sweet stuff which is freaky for me but loving my cows worth of cheese :)

Interesting, because over my time off the last few days I haven't been bothered about chocolate, which I fully expected to gorge on. I just wasn't interested in it.

So, food for today, Monday 10th June

Back on track today...

Breakfast - 2 oz of cream cheese, sweetener and a squirt of lime juice

Lunch - tuna and prawn mayo salad

Dinner - home-made beef burgers, turnip fries, 1oz blue cheese, two small raw onion rings

Drinks - coffee and cream, one tea with splash of almond milk, water, black coffee, half a glass of diet lemonade.

Busy day at work - this half term every day feels like three! Coming up in the next few weeks we have a visit to Ranworth Broad (tomorrow - this is the trip that was cancelled a couple of weeks ago because of the weather), year 7 Languages impact day, several year 9 Geography field trips to the coast, year 8 English impact day, the Summer Concert, Art and Textiles exhibition, year 7 trips to Walsingham, exams, year 10 work experience fortnight, induction night and day for year 6s, Training day hosting the cluster primary schools, new SEN pupils visits to get to know the school, curriculum enhancement week for year 7 - 9, year 11 prom and some other stuff for which there is no room in my brain at the moment! Oh, and we'll fit in the normal lessons and work too, though not sure how!

Managed a couple of hours weeding and tidying up the veg plot tonight - ready for planting and sowing this weekend. A bit later than planned, but with how cold it has been, I don't think it will be a problem!

Wowee! That's some busy schedule there!
I agree with the having a bit of time off the diet... it's so annoying to have to be so careful of what you're eating all the time.

Weather should be better over the next few days apparently so all good for gardening.
Hope I will be able to get out and do a bit myself. Nothing like home grown is there?!

Wowee! That's some busy schedule there!
I agree with the having a bit of time off the diet... it's so annoying to have to be so careful of what you're eating all the time.

Weather should be better over the next few days apparently so all good for gardening.
Hope I will be able to get out and do a bit myself. Nothing like home grown is there?!

Love my home grown veg Em. Have just managed to get hold of some free builders sand and cement through'Freegle' so now OH will be able to pave the bit in front of the large greenhouse (the essential 'in veg plot' seating area for the regular rest breaks!)
Blimey, I'll say! :) Hope the kids don't run you too ragged :D

Yes it is a really busy half term. We also have to read for the SEN pupils end of year tests at the moment... funny moment this afternoon - we are only allowed to read the questions, not help with the answers for tests, obviously. I was reading a maths test question and the lad I was reading for said 'That can't be possible Miss,' so I replied to the effect 'Yes, it is - you have to think about what the words in the question mean, at which point he face slaps his forehead and says 'Oh yeah, of course. Thanks for giving me the answer Miss!' Yikes! Cue everybody in the room turning round, as the only bit of the conversation they heard was thanks for giving me the answer, which of course I hadn't! Fortunately they know the boy, and they know me. Good job it wasn't during the Ofsted visit though!

So much for getting back on track thus week. Monday was OK, but have failed miserably since then. Breakfasts and lunches have been OK, but the evenings have not been good. We have had to go out Tuesday and yesterday, and after the visit to Ranworth on Tuesday I was practically comatose on my feet anyway, so unfortunately I have succumbed to a pub meal and a McDonald's this week so far. Today one of my pupils had a birthday and was so excited about bringing in cakes that I gave in to a mini chocolate muffin as she sat waiting for me to eat it, and I didn't have the heart to explain I wasn't going to eat it!

Someone has just given my OH some spinach and some sweet potatoes, so tonight will probably be a turkey, spinach and sweet potato curry, not low carb, but pretty 'healthy.' I think I will write this week off too, and aim to restart ('spose that should be re-restart) on Saturday.

Back