Moonwatcher's (Final) Diary

Hope that knee pain is easing up now MW.. not something I would wish on anybody as I know only too well what it's like struggling to get on with day to day matters when you're suffering like that.
Interesting point about the oil and I think I'll look to doing similar... anything's worth a try.
Love the thought of ginger jam.. :drool: !

It is a bit easier Em, thank you. Today I have also swapped my coffee with cream for the 'bulletproof' coffee with butter and coconut oil. It is a little higher in syns than the cream, but I remember how the coconut oil also seemed to help my knee when I was using it regularly before. What probably doesn't help though, is that yesterday I bashed it on the side of the sofa!

Had the most depressing and sad conversation with a pupil at the school this afternoon. I can't say anything else obviously, but I am having a rant without actually ranting! Can't even text my boss for a moan, as when my phone crashed I lost her number. Non-specific rant in progress here!

Monday 15th September

Breakfast: Yeo Valley lemon curd yogurt, blueberries

Lunch: GF multi grain roll, ham, sweet veg and carrot pickle, cherry tomatoes, an apple, a 'clemenule' (a kind of mandarin - absolutely delicious)

Dinner: Actifry chips, sea bream with lemon and chervil butter, peas, fresh pineapple, grapes and a spoonful of ginger greek yogurt

Snack: 6 pieces of dark chocolate and ginger popcorn, grapes

Drinks: earl grey tea, one small milky coffee, water with lemon juice, bulletproof coffee,

Syns: 15
HEA: milk
HEB: GF roll

It is a bit easier Em, thank you. ....... yesterday I bashed it on the side of the sofa!

Had the most depressing and sad conversation with a pupil at the school this afternoon. I can't say anything else obviously, but I am having a rant without actually ranting! Can't even text my boss for a moan, as when my phone crashed I lost her number. Non-specific rant in progress here!

Isn't that just the way... fingers crossed nothing else untoward happens!

Rant well and truly understood there MW... very difficult to be in that sort of situation.
I remember my D telling me of one of the little ones confiding in her about things that were happening to him and when she got home she had to have a really good cry about it.
Not a job that I could do myself so fair play to you and all teachers too.

Thanks Em. I didn't get much sleep last night - going over it in my mind, but I have done what I had to do about it, and now have to simply carry on. On a happier note, one of our autistic kids told me that I was 'OK' and could sit right next to him if I needed to, which is praise indeed!

Tuesday 16th September. (Red day)

Breakfast: GF Crumpet with Philly cheese and ginger preserve, Yeo Valley 0% lemon greek yogurt with blueberries

Lunch: GF roll with ham, and fig, orange and madeira chutney, cherry tomatoes, an apple. Had to rush this a bit as went along to the staff/pupil singing group (calling it a choir may be a step too far at this stage!), which promises to be good fun.

Dinner: Sunday's leftovers of pulled pork and spiced red cabbage, in the slow cooker with onions, green Thai curry paste and butternut squash chunks, topped with Philly cheese. This was amazing! Followed by pineapple chunks and a clemenule

Snacks: grapes, a fresh apricot, quarter of a kitkat chunky caramel

Drinks: water, bulletproof coffee, earl grey with a splash of milk, diet cherry cola

Syns: 13.5
HEAs: Philly cheese
HEBs: GF crumpet and GF roll

pulled pork i must try that sounds yummie

Wednesday 17th September - Cheese day (Green day)

Breakfast: Yeo Valley Lemon Curd Yogurt

Lunch: Feta and fresh fig salad with cherry tomatoes, lettuce, red peppers, black grapes, pickled cherries, balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of mandarin oil, plus two GF crisp bread with a spoonful of houmous, two apricots and green grapes

Dinner: Risotto cooked with white wine stock, with shallots, smoked garlic, chipotle chillies and fresh rosemary, topped with peppered roasted beetroot and smoked brie, followed by papaya and mango in lime juice syrup with sweetener

Drinks: water, earl grey tea with a splash of milk,

Syns: 16 (oops, but did under weigh some of the cheese as I thought the allowance was an ounce for each type at first)
HEAs and HEBs: all cheese!

Completely forgot to report WI result yesterday - loss of 0.8 lbs.

Good news on the loss :) Well done. The risotto still sound gorgeous. Mmmmmmm. Smoked brie. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Awww sweetheart, I hope you're feeling better now - both emotionally and your knee too. You're definitely doing your job right if you're getting praise like that from a child with learning difficulties AND another is confiding in you. Well done!

Did you get your hamper sorted?

Hi Moonwatcher, hope you're feeling better!
I'm just in AWE of your food, it makes me drool and puts some of my SW creations to shame!
Thanks for the reminder about pulled pork - one of my faves, so will be popping a pork shoulder onto my shopping list :D

Good news on the loss :) Well done. The risotto still sound gorgeous. Mmmmmmm. Smoked brie. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks Atomic. The risotto was absolutely delicious. I am really happy with the actifry, which I roasted the beetroot in. I have used it several times and we are very impressed.

Awww sweetheart, I hope you're feeling better now - both emotionally and your knee too. You're definitely doing your job right if you're getting praise like that from a child with learning difficulties AND another is confiding in you. Well done
Did you get your hamper sorted?

I am feeling better thanks - possibly because it is the weekend! My knee is gradually responding to the extra oil and regular tiger balm applications. The chondroitin takes a while to work, but I know from before that it does help, so will carry on taking that. Was actually quite a successful week at work in the end - with several pupils responding well to our team and beginning to settle in. There is also a rumour that I am going to be asked to sing a solo in the staff/years 10-13 singing group. Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that, but as I spend my working life encouraging the kids to take the risk of stepping outside their comfort zone, I suppose I am going to have to lead by example!
The hamper delivery is a complete disaster. Despite giving them full and detailed directions, two phone numbers, so that gave them the options of phone, text, voicemail and home answering machine, and leaving a cool bag in the pre arranged place for them to deliver yesterday, it has still not arrived. They can forget it now, as I won't be ordering from them!

Hi Moonwatcher, hope you're feeling better!
I'm just in AWE of your food, it makes me drool and puts some of my SW creations to shame!
Thanks for the reminder about pulled pork - one of my faves, so will be popping a pork shoulder onto my shopping list :D
Yes thanks, a lot better and more cheerful! Pork is one of my favourite meats, and pulled pork - yum yum!

Glad the slightly difficult week at work turned out to be a really positive one. Very encouraging so early in the term! Think you should definitely go for it with the singing solo. Its good to push yourself sometimes and you'll feel so fantastic afterwards. I have always wished I was more musical as have always been around people that are, unfortunately I have met "tune" and "rhythm" but we are definitely not friends!

Real shame about the hamper. Sounds like a complete farce :(

Any weekend plans?

Glad the slightly difficult week at work turned out to be a really positive one. Very encouraging so early in the term! Think you should definitely go for it with the singing solo. Its good to push yourself sometimes and you'll feel so fantastic afterwards. I have always wished I was more musical as have always been around people that are, unfortunately I have met "tune" and "rhythm" but we are definitely not friends!

Real shame about the hamper. Sounds like a complete farce :(

Any weekend plans?

If the rumours are true and they do ask me to do a solo, then I will give it a go. I did OK in the staff panto with my solo piece, but that is a bit different, as in the panto, we are generally making absolute idiots of ourselves and nobody really cares - in fact the more mistakes, the more the kids love it! This will be a bit more formal, probably in the Carol Service and/or the Spring Concert, but the sound man for the panto, who has his own band, did say
"Unlike the others, you can actually sing," which I definitely wasn't expecting, so perhaps I sound better to others than I do to myself!

We went shopping today for a birthday present for OH's Grand-daughter and tomorrow we are going to her party (she is 2), and then in the evening we're off to Cromer Pier Theatre for a Motown tribute evening, so quite a busy weekend.

Thursday 18th September

Breakfast: Yeo Valley 0% greek yogurt with lemon, one GF crumpet, cream cheese and ginger jam

Lunch: Houmous with GF crispbread, cherry tomatoes, apple, clementine, grapes,

Dinner: Beef curry with veg and boiled rice, mango

Snack: (up until now was on track for syns at 15, but this added about 16 more) Gu vanilla and dark chocolate cheesecake, left the biscuit base - was actually quite disappointed and felt it was a waste of those syns

Drinks: water, one milky coffee, earl grey tea with milk, diet cherry cola

HEA: milk
HEB: GF crumpet - the website says you can count any GF bread as a HEB, so I am allowing my crumpet, got to have some sort of compensation for eating GF 'bread' products!
Syns: Ahem... 31

Friday 19th September:

Breakfast: 0% greek yogurt with lemon

Lunch: GF roll with feta cheese and fig, orange and madeira chutney, cherry tomatoes, grapes, tangerine and mango

Dinner: Mixed grill (gammon, small lamb chop, small steak, pork chop) with peas, tomatoes and mushrooms, cooked peppers,
grapes

Snacks: half a cocoa orange Nakd bar, one quarter of a kitkat caramel chunky,

Drinks: water, one bulletproof coffee, coffee with milk, green tea with vanilla, one gin and slimline

HEA: Feta cheese
HEB: GF roll
Syns: 15.5

Saturday 20th September

Breakfast: GF cinnamon bagel, scraping butter and honey

Went shopping for birthday present, new toaster, some new bits of make-up and a visit to Poundland! Lunch at Wetherspoons: Pulled pork on jacket potato, mixed salad (well they call it a mixed salad - it's not very mixed! Two cherry toms, a few bits of cucumber and some lettuce, but at least it is all free food!)

Popped to Costas later and managed to stick to a small skinny latte, which I was pretty impressed with, so far so good

Dinner: Beef meatballs with chipotle BBQ sauce, sweet potato chips done in the actifry with spray oil, three slices of avocado, one ounce of firecracker cheddar, grapes

Snacks: two pieces of cherry nougat, mango,

Drinks: water, earl grey tea, couple of splashes of red wine (less than half a glass), diet ginger beer,

HEA: Cheddar
HEB: GF bagel
Syns: Difficult to be sure with pulled pork and latte whilst out - somewhere between 20 and 30. Too many I know, but I was happy to have stuck to the jacket with pork and salad (about 450 cals) and the skinny latte, no cake. Also managed to resist opening the caramel peanuts and flavoured popcorns I picked up today, so I'll settle for that.

Tomorrow is a birthday party (lots of two year olds!) and then the evening at a Motown tribute evening on the pier. We are having roast dinner before the party so hopefully that and breakfast will keep us going without resorting to sea side chips!

You could get some from Nudo Italia. I know Susie/Lady Felsham uses them and rates them very highly

I do, I do :D Am planning to have some for lunch over grilled chicken and lettuce :)

Just doing a catch up Moonie - LOVING the sound of the day out van, that coastal trip just sounds divine - and I so hear you on the "wtf why have I gained!" weigh ins - in my month away I ate and drank whatever I liked and lost 6lbs...go figure! Maybe I should try only weighing once a month...?

Also started on glucosamine chondroitine recently and boy is it making a difference to my knees, hope yours improves soon love.

Sxx

Last edited:
I do, I do :D Am planning to have some for lunch over grilled chicken and lettuce :)

Just doing a catch up Moonie - LOVING the sound of the day out van, that coastal trip just sounds divine - and I so hear you on the "wtf why have I gained!" weigh ins - in my month away I ate and drank whatever I liked and lost 6lbs...go figure! Maybe I should try only weighing once a month...?

Also started on glucosamine chondroitine recently and boy is it making a difference to my knees, hope yours improves soon love.

Sxx

Hi Susie
Welcome back and well done on the 6lbs off. My knee is loads better already - no nasty, stop in your tracks attack of the killer cartilage yesterday at all! I think I probably need to keep taking the chondroitin as well as the extra oil in my diet.

Back