Moonwatcher's (Final) Diary

Hope you are feeling better today.

Do you know what set off the stomach pains? Was it gluten related do you think? Or just one of those things?

Don't think it was gluten Atomic - it was either a combo of slightly undercooked carrots with grapefruit (root veg and citrus is a trigger combo for me sometimes) or a bug from school. As always for this time of year there are a few going around. I'm still not right today - lots of stomach pains and bloating, but better than I was yesterday.

Saturday September 27th September

Breakfast: GF toast with a scrape of butter and ginger jam

Went shopping, so lunchtime was a pot of earl grey and three quarters of a toasted GF hot cross bun with butter

Managed to find two pairs of trousers that weren't too bad, but not the best day to be clothes shopping, with a bloated sore stomach. After we finished shopping we went for food at Wetherspoons: Steak with peas, tomato and mushroom, jacket potato with a tiny squirt of mayo

Snacks: mango, grapes, and in a few minutes may have a cold platter of pork, ham, gherkins and cherry tomatoes

Other drinks: diet coke, water, milky coffee

Syns: 15
HEA: Milk
HEB: GF bread

Morning love

I hope your tum has eased up today, I've had the same thing the last couple of days, so must be a bug doing the rounds...

Sxxx

Aww, not you too Susie - horrible isn't it? I'm slowly feeling better - especially since lunchtime today; hope you are too.

So, duvet day today, as we spent all day yesterday shopping (it's a hard life!) and I was still feeling pretty grotty this morning. Did manage to sling two loads of washing through the machine and iron our new duvet cover, so we changed the bed for fresh sheets etc. Ahhhh! Love fresh bedding. Food has been a bit picky:

Breakfast: GF toast with butter and ginger jam

Lunch: half a small avocado with lemon juice, half a packet of BBQ crisps, pineapple and mango

Dinner: GF pizza toastie with tomato puree, smoked chorizo, onion, herbs, olives, tomatoes, jalpeno chillies, 1 oz of standard mature cheddar and 1 oz of cheddar with balsamic onions, loads of beetroot

Snacks: grapes, figs

Drinks: Earl grey teas, one small coffee and cream, water, low cal ginger with lime juice

Syns: 19 - tipped over by the avocado, or the crisps! If I had not had them both would have just been on target. Still the avocado is a good way to go over in my opinion, and the crisps were just... nice! Have not eaten too much in the way of calories today, so OK about it, especially this week!
HEAs: Cheese
HEBs: GF toast

Last edited:
I'm all better now hun, thanks, hope you are too - and ditto on the clean sheets, isn't it lovely! :)
Can't beat it! Yes I am fully recovered now thanks Susie.
hi sweetheart x x
Hi Chezz. I'm still here, but had a bit of a manic start to the week at work, so haven't updated.

WI yesterday was 16st 0.4 lbs, so on the way down again. Hoping I can get into the 15s next week. Will update properly with food later. A little bit off track last night as we went to Wetherspoons and although main course was on track with steak, veg and half a jacket, I did indulge in a couple of spicy wings with blue cheese dip as a starter. We are going again tonight as they have a new menu! I am wavering between having something new or being good. I think if they have something new and special, then I might try it, otherwise I will stay strong!
Waiting for OH to get in so we can eat nice and early and get back for some TV and Minis time. Just got off the 'phone from my landlord as our night immersion heater went on Sunday night. It does periodically, apparently because of the hard water round here. Told them on Monday exactly what the problem was and that we needed their plumber to come and replace it, just as he has the last six times. Had to leave work early as they said they couldn't do an appointment to finish any later than 4.30. What did they do? They sent an electrician! He can't replace it - we need a plumber. Yes, I know that;that is why I asked for one! So, anyway, they are now in no doubt at all that I expect a plumber, at a time to suit me, (4.00pm) and if it goes past 4.30, they will just have to pay overtime! Grrrr! I will be going in early tomorrow to finish some assessment prep before school, with some year 11s, which I had to abandon them in the middle of this afternoon, and I won't be getting paid for that so... (makes childish gestures at 'phone). Idiots!

Hi Ladies. Thanks for taking the time to pop in and see how I am. I am spectacularly off every wagon at the moment - except the 'eat exactly what you like wagon.' My head is just not in the right place - I was starting afresh every morning, and losing the plot by the evening each day. There have been some major things going on at work (not personal things, but some especially problematic kids), and at home we are having our bathroom completely refitted. Half term this week, but I have had to be up early every day to make sure I am ready for plumbers/plasterers/electricians etc. We also decided that if the house was going to be in a mess anyway, then now would be a good time to redecorate the living room, and replace the carpet with floorboards. Once the bathroom and living room are finished, then we'll also strip out the hall and repaint/paper and lay boards in there too. We'll also have to do the tiling in the bathroom, as we have bought our own tiles and want more of the walls tiled than they do as part of the job. Since Monday we have had no bathroom at all, just a loo base and an orange bucket for 'flushing.'

Consequently, every room in the house is in a mess, and the only place I can sit is on the bed in the bedroom, surrounded by the contents of the hall and the living room cupboards.

As I say, my head is not in the right place for dieting at the moment. I have found that I have been very sad about my brothers the last few weeks - both their birthdays were around now, and one of them passed at Hallowe'en. Have been feeling very vulnerable and generally fed up, and not being able to relax for the half term hasn't helped. I have been out for a couple of days, getting some bits and pieces for the living room (cushions and curtains etc), but feel I need to stay in today to keep an eye on what the plumber is doing and see where he is putting things!

I haven't made any plans for getting back on track yet. In a nutshell, the diet is a mess, the house is a mess and I'm knackered and emotional. Apart from that, everything's great!

I did do some knitting yesterday for a work colleague's new baby girl, which was nice and relaxing. I should do more really, as I really enjoy it; maybe now the nights are drawing in, once the decorating is done, I'll have a look through the wool stash and decide on some new projects! Yesterday I finished off a pink and cream baby shrug (in the cupboard from two years ago - never got finished!) and made a pair of (SN)UGG Bootees - they are really cute, in a sort of mink coloured chenille yarn, with some slightly fluffy cream wool as the tops and the UGG style seams!

Going to catch up with some reading today - am currently reading Frankenstein (Year 8s), Goodnight Mister Tom (Year 11s), Of Mice and Men (love this one - Year 10s) and swotting up on Greek villains and heros (Year 7s). I am spending a lot of lessons in English this year, hence the reading. Fortunately Year 9s are not working on any particular book at the moment! Am also trying to finish a book on Autism, and some general teen fiction, which is useful for general chats with the kids - just finished Maggot Moon.

Last edited:
Oh sweetheart :( you've got so much going on at work, at home and in your private life too you're bound to feel down and disheartened. Look after yourself, make better choices when eating and hopefully in a few days when things are nearer to being sorted and time has passed a little more you might feel a little brighter. We're ALWAYS here for you x

Sorry things have been so hectic for you Moonwatcher.

Its horrible when you keep trying to get back on track but you are just not feeling it and go off track. I have had many many times this year where I know where I want to be but have absolutely no idea how I am going to get there.

I am sure it will fall in to place for you again though.

Hello Moonwatcher, Moonbeam, here! Am missing your lovely food diaries on here! How are the renos coming along? Hope everything is going well for you, take care. :)

Back