Moonwatcher's (Final) Diary

Hi everybody,

Well, it has been ages since I updated on here. Dieting went out of the window over the last three months, especially Christmas! I'll cut a long story short, and simply say that I began to focus about getting back on track around the end of January.

OH wanted to try the 5:2, as he had read/heard good things about it for regulating his blood sugar, and also to drop a few pounds. I joined him for a few weeks, but I found it didn't suit me the same way it did last time. At work, although I can honestly say I don't physically need a decent meal at lunchtime, I need it from the psychological point of view of taking time to sit down and eat! Also, I usually eat in the SEN base with 'our' kids, and they know that my 'eating' time is my time - once I have eaten, squirrelled away in the corner (!) then I'll re-join the room and chat with them, help with homework or other issues etc. I found that on 5:2 I was tending to have liquids/soup at lunchtime, and this didn't register with them as lunch, so I had no me time at all. I had a few miserable weeks, where I really didn't know what approach I was going to take, and felt that nothing was going to work anyway, but eventually I decided to go back to Slimming World again, and try to regain my love of cooking. OH Is still on lowish carb 5:2, but this fits OK, as I eat the same as him in the evenings on fasting days, but have more at breakfast and lunch. On his non fasting days he has pretty much SW type food, and takes soups, stews and salads to work.

I have re-joined online and have the new books, so I am on Extra Easy/EESP. I may throw in a few of the old Red days when I find my old books, as I feel they are still valid. I see that SW have taken the tablespoon of olive oil off the HEB list, but I am still going to include it sometimes, as without it my knees are really bad. That will be my tweak!

WI will be Wednesdays. Restart weight is 16.13 (sigh). I will update today's food in a moment, as I have only properly logged it today since I just got my new books.

Last edited:
SW food for Sunday 1st March 2015

Breakfast: Lean back smoked bacon, scrambled eggs with half a Laughing Cow Light blue cheese triangle and spring onions, tomatoes and mushrooms, cooked in a few squirts of olive oil, tbspn HP sauce

Lunch/Snack: 3 Warburton's GF thins (counting as HEB) one Laughing Cow Light blue cheese triangle, one oz cheddar, pickled onions, plums, an apple

Evening: a kind of Cottage pie - mince, carrots and onions, topped with a mix of mashed turnips and BNS (was absolutely delicious, mashed with a teaspoon of butter!) steamed carrots and sprouts, gravy, horseradish sauce.

Drinks: water, NAS squash, Vanilla Chai and Earl Grey teas with a dash of milk, one coffee with cream, 25ml gin with loads of slimline tonic and lime (going down very well at the moment!)

HEA: Cheddar
HEB: Warburton GF thins
Syns: 15

Have done 6 loads of washing today and pre-cooked curried swede soup, a large pot of chilli and a slow cooker beef stew to help out with meals/stock up the freezer. I'm feeling really positive at the moment, so making the most of it!

hi moonwatcher
lovely to see you again your meals sound lovely x x

Moonie so great to see you back hun! :D

And great that we're doing the same plan, you are always such an inspiration to me - as well as all the other ladies here! :)

Menu sounds good - but (being thick here) what's BNS?

Moonie so great to see you back hun! :D

And great that we're doing the same plan, you are always such an inspiration to me - as well as all the other ladies here! :)

Menu sounds good - but (being thick here) what's BNS?

Hi Susie,

I have to say that your losses on SW are definitely inspirational for me. You must be thrilled with them.

BNS = Butternut squash! :D

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh the lightbulb goes on! :D

And very happy that I can help in any way - although there's a long way to go, the fab people on here are all so supportive :). I am really delighted with the losses, and it is definitely sustainable - like I've never felt before on any other plan. I do think going to class really helps keep me focused too - and watching the amazing progress of people like SGB and Tracy, and all the other fab losers.

I know you will do wonderfully on it - roll on Tuesday WI for you! xxx

Monday 2nd March

I'm feeling so positive at the moment about SW - wish I could bottle it for later! Today was a 'normal' day at work, (doesn't happen very often) no timetable changes, no crying kids and five reasonably easy lessons!

Food for today:

Breakfast: GF cereal with s/s milk and xylitol

Lunch: GF couscous salad - with gherkins, olives, cherry toms and one chopped sun dried tom, dried garlic and chilli, chopped mint, lemon juice, tspn peanut butter, beef, two hard boiled eggs, tbspn LF mayo with tspn horseradish sauce mixed in and a sprinkle of jalapeno sauce, followed by two clementines

Dinner: (tonight is a fasting day for OH) Salmon teriyaki stir fry - marinade of soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic, ginger, black pepper and lime juice for the salmon, Tesco mixed mushroom stir fry (half the pack) with added courgette and red pepper, stir fried in tspn olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce, followed by three plums

Drinks: Earl grey tea, water, NAS squash, NAS energy drink, two Maxwell House Latte sachets (these are great, and keep me away from the coffee machine at work - 2.5 syns each and quite creamy tasting),

HEA: Milk
HEB: Cereal
Syns: 14.5

Ahhhhhh the lightbulb goes on! :D

And very happy that I can help in any way - although there's a long way to go, the fab people on here are all so supportive :). I am really delighted with the losses, and it is definitely sustainable - like I've never felt before on any other plan. I do think going to class really helps keep me focused too - and watching the amazing progress of people like SGB and Tracy, and all the other fab losers.

I know you will do wonderfully on it - roll on Tuesday WI for you! xxx

Thanks Susie,

I should have stuck to SW from last year, but you know what it is like - life gets in the way at times, and if your heart and head aren't both in the right place then it just doesn't happen! I had lost all my enthusiasm for cooking, which I normally love, and come Christmas I was totally knackered, probably in no small part due to the fact that we were decorating right up to midnight on Christmas Eve, and actually put the furniture back, and the tree and the decorations up on Christmas morning! I also convinced my self that OH and I should be on the same plan, as otherwise it would be too complicated, which is nonsense, as we often don't have the same food for lunches anyway, and he is only fasting two days a week, when it is easy for us to both have the same meal in the evening!

I'm looking forward to catching up with diaries over the next few days, and seeing how everyone is doing. I have quite a bit of catching up to do!

Today's food (Tuesday 3rd March 2015)

Breakfast: 150g Onken LF Raspberry and Honey yogurt with 50g real Greek yogurt

Lunch: 2 slices toasted GF bread as open sandwiches with one Laughing Cow Blue Light triangle, 2 slices smoked ham, 1 oz sage derby cheese, chilli and ginger chutney, 4 vine tomatoes, one gherkin, two clementines, 16 almonds

Dinner: Chicken breast roasted with yellow pepper and tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, lemon wedges and sprays of olive oil, served with roast beetroot, turnip and BNS, roasted with fresh garlic, chilli flakes and sprays of oil (14 oil sprays in all), followed by an apple

Drinks: water, NAS squash, one Earl Grey tea with a splash of milk, one coffee with cream, half a Maxwell House latte sachet

HEA: the cheese - probably a tweak, but it is a 'cheddar' type cheese, so I'm going for it.
HEBs: GF bread and the almonds
Syns: 14

WI tomorrow!

I want what you had for dinner, sounds scrummy. Good luck for WI! :)

Your food looks fab, Moonie! Good luck for weigh-in tomorrow! x

Some lovely food there

Good luck for weigh in :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Oooh looks smashing hun! And good luck for WI tomorrow xxx

I want what you had for dinner, sounds scrummy. Good luck for WI! :)

Thanks everybody. I am hopeful for a loss, as my work trousers feel a little looser - unless I'm imagining it! Tonight's food was based on a recipe in the latest SW mag - I adapted it to suit what I had in. It was very, very tasty!

Wowser...Drumroll...

WI this morning and I have lost 8lbs! I think some of it was carried over or catching up from the week before, when I didn't lose anything, but even so, 8lbs, wee-hee!

Last edited:
Back