Moonwatcher's (Final) Diary

Wowser...Drumroll...

WI this morning and I have lost 8lbs! I think some of it was carried over or catching up from the week before, when I didn't lose anything, but even so, 8lbs wee-hee!

What a fab loss! Congrats and well done, you! I'm so glad you're back, your menus inspire me :)

Last edited:
Oh Moonie that is fabulous!!!!! What a great start, hun, well done! :D

Thanks Susie, to say I was gobsmacked is an understatement - first time I have moved the scales around to check if I can get a bigger reading. :D

I've given myself a nice shiny SW 'stone' sticker - it was a long time ago admittedly, but the other 8lbs off remaining from my previous losses was from SW too. Gotta love a shiny sticker!

Wednesday March 4th

Very pleased with WI this morning - which is good, because today has been a pretty grotty day at work - 5 tough lessons and an extra hour of additional support for a pupil after school, so I was more than ready for the walk home (Haha!) The day was just saved though by some time with a year 11 who is an amazing character, and working with him always cheers me up. Tomorrow morning I am off on the coach with 70 Year 7s to watch a play in Norwich, so looking forward to that, and lunch is already packed!

Todays food.

Breakfast: Two slices of GF toast with tspn of butter and jam on each, 100g of fat free Onken raspberry and honey yogurt

Lunch: Cous-cous Cornucopia! GF cous cous with...black and green olives, gherkins, cherry toms and a sun dried tom, mint, chilli and garlic, HEA of feta, smoked ham, 3 slices chorizo, chopped boiled egg, Sharon fruit, lemon juice, LF mayo with honey and champagne mustard stirred in, followed by an orange.

Dinner: the plan was Prawn curry with leek noodles, as a fasting day meal for the OH, but he had accidentally taken a chilli out of the freezer for his lunch, instead of the curried swede soup, which messed up his calories for the day! He decided not to have an evening meal as well, so I cooked myself an omelette with onion, red pepper, mushroom, fresh basil and coriander, black pepper philly cheese and spicy garlic and chilli prawns. Yum yum! Followed it with an apple.

Drinks: water, NAS squash, Earl Grey tea with a splash of milk, one Maxwell House Latte sachet.

HEA: Feta
HEB: GF bread
Syns: 19.5 - a few extra syns today, hardly a post WI binge though!

Thursday 5th March

Great theatre trip this morning. The Year 7s were fantastically well behaved and the performance was excellent, and very funny. Today was one of those really positive work days, as in ..."and I'm getting paid for this?" I finished a book on my Kobo on the coach there and back, so, all-in-all, a relaxing morning, and back in time for lunch! It's nice to have one of those mornings/days now and again, to maintain a tiny slice of sanity!

Today's food

Breakfast: Porridge with s/s milk and xylitol sweetener

Lunch: Two pieces GF bread with one Laughing Cow Blue Light triangle, horseradish sauce and beef, vine tomatoes, plums

Dinner: Roast pork with onion gravy, applesauce, roast BNS wedges, cauli mash with LF mayo, carrots and cabbage, an orange

Snack: Half a small avocado with a sprinkling of jalapeno sauce

Drinks: Water, NAS squash, one Earl Grey tea with a dash of milk, one coffee with cream

HEA: Milk
HEBs: Porridge and GF bread
Syns: 14

I've given myself a nice shiny SW 'stone' sticker - it was a long time ago admittedly, but the other 8lbs off remaining from my previous losses was from SW too. Gotta love a shiny sticker!

Absolutely!!! And soon we'll have rows of shiny stickers! :D

Love your dinner - i had the same last night, complete with mayo in the mash :D

The shiny stickers make me want to join Slimming World for that reason alone!

I'm an avid reader...I'm being nosey, I know, but what book did you finish? Any good?

Absolutely!!! And soon we'll have rows of shiny stickers! :D

Love your dinner - i had the same last night, complete with mayo in the mash :D

I pinched the idea from your diary Susie. You reminded me that I had some cooked pork in the freezer!

The shiny stickers make me want to join Slimming World for that reason alone!

I'm an avid reader...I'm being nosey, I know, but what book did you finish? Any good?

The stickers make me feel like the kids at school when we give them merit stickers! Nose away about the book! It was 'Purple Hibiscus' by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, about a teenage Nigerian girl and her Catholic family upbringing. It's been one of the reading books at school, so I may need to know about it at any moment! I'm in two minds about it to be honest, as there are elements of it I really enjoyed, and there is some beautiful descriptive writing, but I found myself 'drifting' from it part way through, and found the ending a bit clichéd. Year 10s are starting Macbeth next week, so I will be living and breathing the Scottish play for several weeks!

Friday 6th March

A completely different type of work day today. TGIF!

Breakfast: 150g fat free Onken Raspberry and Honey yogurt.

Lunch: 4 GF Blue cheese thins, 4 Laughing Cow Blue Light triangles, one oz Black Bomber cheddar, smoked ham, tomatoes, celery sticks, 16 almonds, a pear

Dinner: A large steak, peas, mushrooms, mixed salad, LF mayo, an orange

Drinks: Water, NAS squash, one Maxwell House Latte sachet, small gin and tonic

HEA: Cheese triangles
HEBs: GF thins and almonds
Syns: 15

Ooooh love a bit of the Scottish play :)

I've just started Celia Imrie's autobiography, The Happy Hoofer - great read so far.

Ooooh love a bit of the Scottish play :)

I've just started Celia Imrie's autobiography, The Happy Hoofer - great read so far.

I used to love acting at school & uni. Once played the evil Lady McB :D

I bet that was fun SJB. I never studied the play at school. We did Merchant of Venice and A Midsummer Night's Dream instead. MSND is one of my all time favourites. I have grown to love Macbeth's madness and murder since I have had to study it for work though!

Susie - I always think I should read some biographies as I imagine they are very interesting, but I never seem to get round to it.

hahaha i was laughing to myself i did a musical when i was at school and i had to wear a wig half way through mine flow off but the peeps love id and thought it was part of it lolol

Shopping today. I needed to return some boots which didn't fit round one leg, and get another pair (actually ended up getting three pairs - with heel smart high leg, without heel casual high leg, and with heel ankle boots). Then it was Tesco time. Meals bit off today - all over the place - had yogurt for breakfast before I went, and then just drinks while I was out. Ham nibbles and chicken and ham stir fry at home...

Breakfast: Greek yogurt and milky coffee

While out: Water swigged while shopping, chllled chai latte after Tesco

At home snack: ham slices and cherry tomatoes

Dinner: Chicken and ham chimichurri mixed veg stir fry with chilli and garlic, fresh cherries

Snack: mango slice, one square Lindt dark salted caramel choc

Other drinks: Low cal apple and elderflower fizz, water, NAS squash. one sip of the salted caramel Options (found them at Tesco), but sadly far too sweet for me.

HEA: Milk
HEB: Oil in stir fry
Syns 20.5 (10 of those were the chai latte, but it was sooooo delicious. Walked for hours today, so hopefully I have used up those extra syns). No stress anyway.

Managed to finally pick up a pack of the sausages from Iceland, so will be trying them as part of a cooked Sunday breakfast tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back