Moonwatcher's JUDDD diary

A good down day under my belt today

Breakfast - 8 oz almond milk (60 cals)
Lunch - WW tomato soup (74 cals)
Dinner - 3oz pork, 3oz butternut squash spicy 'fries,' half an apple, half a red and half a green pepper (342 cals)
Drinks - water, black teas and a coffee, one tea with milk (15 cals)
Total cals 491

Loaf of fresh bread just come out of my new toy (bread-maker) ready for tomorrow's lunch sarni. NO Moonwatcher, it does not need testing tonight! Slow cooker full of a home made minestrone soup ready for Wednesday and Friday down lunches.

I have also decided to change my WI day to Thursday.At least the fall out won't affect my weekends on weeks where I don't get a good result. On workdays I don't have time to brood about it - just have to get off to work! On WW it worked for me having a Saturday WI, as I could use my fresh weekly points at the weekend, but on JUDDD that isn't an issue.

Mmmmm. Freshly made bread. Fast day hell!

The novelty of freshly made bread does wear off though, at least enough to not feel so tormented by it when you aren't meant to be eating it! Great fast day by the looks of things. The pork and BNS sounds lovely.

I am proud to report that I resisted the bread until today - toast and marmalade for breakfast, cheese and pickle sandwich for lunch, with an orange.
Dinner tonight was a burger in a wholemeal roll, with smoked feta, chilli, onion and tomato, salad, 4 doritos with a little sour cream dip.
Snacks were 2 Mcvities dark choc digestives and 15 Cadbury splats.
Drinks -NAS squash, two teas with milk and half a pint of cider.

Cals so far = 1843. I have a dark choc Bounty bar on the table next to me, but I don't want it! Don't really know whether to be ecstatic or upset. After all, this is chocolate, and I can eat it if I want... This is a truly weird feeling and I certainly am not used to it! Was also planning to have the whole pack of doritos, and only wanted four!

Oh, and the ultimate compliment from my OH about my new stretch jeans. "Great - your legs look really normal in those." Gotta love 'em!

Every diet we do the losses are good in the start and then our bodies adjust so our perfect diet should be a mash up of all our fave diets lol
Day 1 fast
Day 2 upday
Day 3 potato day
Day 4 excersise
Day 5 ww
Day 6 sw
Day 7 another up day
We should all be slim in no time lol

Ha! That almost feels like what I am following at the moment, Superclaire ;)

Great up day there moonwatcher. I am loving the smoked feta this week. Had it with a lentils and roast veg but imagine it would be lovely in a burger. Great restraint on the doritos and bounty. I love dark chocolate bounties. I was very disappointed they never bothered to do the bounty ice creams in a dark chocolate version, although its probably for the best. I really fancy a bar of chocolate tonight but really need to resist at least until the weekend if I am going to give this week of "clean, healthy eating" a proper go. Chocolate raisins excused ;)

Ha! That almost feels like what I am following at the moment, Superclaire ;)

Great up day there moonwatcher. I am loving the smoked feta this week. Had it with a lentils and roast veg but imagine it would be lovely in a burger. Great restraint on the doritos and bounty. I love dark chocolate bounties. I was very disappointed they never bothered to do the bounty ice creams in a dark chocolate version, although its probably for the best. I really fancy a bar of chocolate tonight but really need to resist at least until the weekend if I am going to give this week of "clean, healthy eating" a proper go. Chocolate raisins excused ;)
Dark chocolate raisins sound healthy to me - after all, raisins are fruit, and I'm sure we established on a previous thread somewhere that dark chocolate is extremely good for you!

Down day today. Good food and calorie wise today, but I know I haven't had enough water, so trying to make up for it now. Will probably be up and down to the loo all night now though! Tough day at work - seemed to get every difficult, awkward and stubborn pupil in the school to deal with today!

Lunch - home made minestrone soup (120 cals)

Dinner - one wholemeal roll with tuna, chopped chilli and low cal salad cream, one vine tomato (267 cals)

One coffee with tbspn cream (70 cals), s/skimmed milk in two earl grey teas (30 cals), water

Total cals for the day 487

Looking forward to my up day tomorrow. Pate and home made bread for lunch!

WI tomorrow now I have changed to Thursday WI. Not worried if I haven't lost as last WI was Saturday, so not a full week.

Oooh how did weigh in today go? Fingers crossed.

Pate and homemade bread sounds like the lunch of the Gods! Mmmmmmm. I think that definitely has to feature when I am back to 5:2-ing next week.

If dark chocolate raisins are a health food does than mean that dark chocolate coated coffee beans are a super health food??? Lidl have them for £1:79 for a very large bag at the moment. Was a little sceptical that they would be too hard to really enjoy but I am very very impressed. And just inhaling the bag is almost as nice as eating them :)

Oooh how did weigh in today go? Fingers crossed.

Pate and homemade bread sounds like the lunch of the Gods! Mmmmmmm. I think that definitely has to feature when I am back to 5:2-ing next week.

If dark chocolate raisins are a health food does than mean that dark chocolate coated coffee beans are a super health food??? Lidl have them for £1:79 for a very large bag at the moment. Was a little sceptical that they would be too hard to really enjoy but I am very very impressed. And just inhaling the bag is almost as nice as eating them :)
One pound off this morning, which I was happy with, especially as it wasn't a full week. Have had a pretty UP Up day today though - feel like I have put it back on by tonight!

The coffee beans sound absolutely delicious.

Thursday March 7th

Really tiring day today. I hadn't realised quite how much I was still being affected by this ***** cough and catarrh. Had to go down the town for a geography field trip with some Year 7s, and I had the job of wheelchair pusher, (plus the usual task of saying ...

'walk on the path please - not the road/bank/gardens'
'keep walking, don't just stop suddenly in front of the wheelchair, or I will plough into the back of you,'
'no XXXX, it is not OK to push YYYY into the road,'
'move over XXXX please, to let this lady past,'
'you didn't bring a pen or pencil to fill in your tally sheet? OK hang on, I'll find you a pen'
'no, a wheelie bin that rolls down the path doesn't count as a form of transport on your tally sheet!'

... and various other instructions! Trouble is that fast walking pushing a wheelchair whilst 'projecting' instructions over the voices of twenty-five 12 year olds is no easy task when you can't breathe at all through your nose and every breath of cold air through your mouth makes you cough! By the time we got back I was totally knackered.

Therefore, takeaway tonight for dinner - chinese chicken curry and half a portion of egg fried rice, followed by a small frozen cream doughnut (well, it wasn't frozen by the time I ate it!) and half a dark chocolate bounty bar. Breakfast was toast with butter and marmalade, lunch was two pieces of bread with pate and a banana. Also managed a four finger kitkat, and small glass of cider.

Not sure on calories as can't really be sure with a takeaway, but I reckon around 2500, so will probably be a little more careful on Sunday than usual. Not so much on Saturday as we are out for the day collecting a minibus which we are planning to gradually convert to a campervan, so I'm sure some tasty stuff will be on the menu while we are out!

Doubt whether there will be any takeaways or meals out the following week though, as all available monies will be going on the OH's new toy!

Last edited:
Great news on the loss :) Big well done.

It really does sound like a very tiring day. I really don't think I could cope with even half a day around teenagers let alone a whole week so think it definitely justified the take away. And it sounds a pretty moderate amount really. I think weigh in days tend to be a bit over normal consumption for everyone but it tends to even out over the course of the week.

Great news on the loss :) Big well done.

It really does sound like a very tiring day. I really don't think I could cope with even half a day around teenagers let alone a whole week so think it definitely justified the take away. And it sounds a pretty moderate amount really. I think weigh in days tend to be a bit over normal consumption for everyone but it tends to even out over the course of the week.
Thanks Atomic. I hope it continues!
I can honestly say this job is the best I have ever had, but it is both frustrating and rewarding. The positives outweigh the negatives by miles though. 5 or 6 years ago I would not have believed I would ever be working with children!

So quick update for food for Friday 8th and Saturday 9th March.

Friday ended up as an inbetween day, the first time I have 'broken' a down day by going over calories though. Had around 1100 cals as I gave in to a kitkat, choc digestive, coffee and cream and some doritos and dip in the evening. Feel ok about it though - not exactly a binge! Lunch was home made minestrone soup, dinner was a thai chilli and lemongrass prawn/cod fishcake in a wholemeal roll with a little low cal mayo and lemon juice.

Food for today - Saturday - was not at all healthy, but very enjoyable! We left home early to collect the van, so stopped for breakfast en route for a Mcdonald's breakfast sausage and egg mcmuffin. First time I have had one, and it was ok, but didn't really taste of sausage! Also had a lovely hot latte. Nothing then apart from some Cadbury's Dairy Milk, until about 5pm when we got fish and chips - not what I was really fancying but we were really hungry and everywhere else seemed to be shut until after 6 pm. It was the largest piece of cod I have ever seen and there was no way I could finish it or the chips.I was quite surprised at how little I did manage actually - maybe a third of the whole portion, then I was full! Have just had some vanilla and strawberry ice cream with a sliced banana and some cherries in kirsch, and some cream. Will finish today with low cal squash and a can of tea and still lemonade drink. Cals are 1900.

Hey moonwatcher, I wouldn't worry too much about friday. Its the only broken fast day since starting this plan and some days just do end up being so much more difficult to fast on than others. I guess this plan is basically about cutting down your calories a couple of days a week and you still did that so sure it won't affect things too much.

Portion sizes of fish and chips kind of scare me sometimes to be honest, some of them are absolutely huge. The fact that you could only manage a third after not eating much for the rest of the day definitely shows how much your appetite has changed though. I am going away to London next weekend for 4 days and I am a bit scared about the portion sizes involved in eating out for 4 days for this reason. Although my OH is a useful disposal unit for any unwanted food usually so sure it will be fine ;)

How much work needs doing on the van? Is it a plan you've had for a while? Have you got any particular trips in mind for when it is done?

Hey moonwatcher, I wouldn't worry too much about friday. Its the only broken fast day since starting this plan and some days just do end up being so much more difficult to fast on than others. I guess this plan is basically about cutting down your calories a couple of days a week and you still did that so sure it won't affect things too much.

Portion sizes of fish and chips kind of scare me sometimes to be honest, some of them are absolutely huge. The fact that you could only manage a third after not eating much for the rest of the day definitely shows how much your appetite has changed though. I am going away to London next weekend for 4 days and I am a bit scared about the portion sizes involved in eating out for 4 days for this reason. Although my OH is a useful disposal unit for any unwanted food usually so sure it will be fine ;)

How much work needs doing on the van? Is it a plan you've had for a while? Have you got any particular trips in mind for when it is done?
Yes I'm pretty relaxed about Friday - it wasn't too bad overall, and as you say, it happens now and again. It was a huge piece of fish - it completely covered the tray of chips and hung over the edges! London sounds good. I'm sure you will make good choices, but you are right in that restaurant portions tend towards ridiculous nowadays.

The van ...well everything needs doing! It still has the minibus seats in at the moment, so the first big job will be getting them out and getting rid of them. There are a few small bodywork dents and dings, but nothing that the OH can't tackle. It will need a paint job, and complete refurb for the interior fittings. On the plus side, the interior linings are all in good condition and it has 11 months mot. Over the years we have had campers, caravans and tents, and have long wanted to have another camper. We can get it usable with bed and cooking facilities first, then gradually titivate the rest! About 20 years ago we lived for a couple of years, by choice, in a camper and then a caravan. We were working, so we were mainly staying locally. We just enjoyed it so much after a couple of holidays in a camper that we rented out our house, put some stuff in storage, and went for it! We had so much fun. For a while our 'shower' was a hand pumped sprayer attached to a shower head, housed within a circular shower curtain, over a paddling pool, outside in the awning! I kid you not! So an indoor shower cubicle will be quite a luxury! We will use the van for 'proper' holidays and also a lot at weekend and evenings for wine, beer, crumpets and pizzas, on various clifftops I suspect!

Food for today, Sunday 10th March

Today's food has been nibbles and snacks rather than real meals. I haven't felt too brilliant today with this cough and sinuses - they seem to both be going through another bad patch at the moment and I haven't really felt like proper food, but the calories have been as high as if I had been having real meals. I have had a couple of hot cross buns, one and a half curly wurlys, some Dr Karg crackers and cream crackers with chocolate cheddar, wensleydale with fig and honey, houmous and a little pate, pickled onions and olives. Also had a banana with a little vanilla and strawberry ice cream, teas and one coffee to drink. Will probably end the day with a horlicks light. Calories are about 2100 (including the horlicks if I have it) Was planning to have some oak smoked pork, cheddar and bacon sausages tonight, but just do not have the room for them, so they will be Tuesday's dinner. Tomorrow's down day will be WW tomato soup for lunch, prawn and chorizo stir fry with some of the zero noodles in the evening.

Crumpets and wine on clifftops sounds fabulous :) I quite fancy getting a campervan of my own now!

I think 5:2 can do slightly wierd things to your appetite. I have found that I haven't fancied meals all the time on up days and its pretty difficult to not just snack then, even though you end up consuming just as many calories.

Back on a fast day today which has been ok. Still not entirely sure what I am going to do dietwise but any decisions are going to be postponed until I get back from London at the very earliest.

Back