more questions..

jenna113

hi guys..sorry for all these questions...

please bear with me:

1) yesterday and today....well im a bit runny in the loo..is this normal?

2) re. weight loss 1st week. did you guys feel it just drop off after day 4?

thanks

i think cos u lose a chunk in the first week, u feel it. its a sudden drop and with SSing you feel detoxed by day 4 so you do feel trimmer :D

as for the loo problem, i suffered badly in my first week. i still do in week 3. goes from one extreme to the other. well worth it for the weight loss though. i make enough trips to the loo to dispose of 4 litres of water so it isnt like i need to make special trips for an upset tummy.

hopefully it'll settle down for you. you should try the husks. i have some daily.

Thanks Karen. Big help.

What are husks?

hi guys..sorry for all these questions...

please bear with me:

1) yesterday and today....well im a bit runny in the loo..is this normal?

2) re. weight loss 1st week. did you guys feel it just drop off after day 4?

thanks

Hi jenna,

When you change your diet for what ever reason you will normally get a change in bowel movements and they can be runny or go the other way constipated....

Firbre clear which you can get in your chemist or fibre 89 from your CDC which is tasteless and you can add to your tea or milkshakes will counteract both problems as it adds firbre.

You take it every day.

As regards weight, well it comes off very fast on a vlcd and some contributing factors determine the results in the first week.

If you do a preparation week by cutting down on carbs and drinking more water before hand you will be already losing weight and so therefore your weight loss for the first week will be a lot less than someone who has gone cold turkey.

The weight loss is very individual, so the best way to see how others are losing weight is to look at the weigh in threads as these will give you a good idea.

The average weight loss is a stone a month, but in the first month it can be from 7lbs. up to 2 1/2 stone. There after for a woman it can be from 7lbs. to 1 stone or there abouts.

For a man from 1 stone to 2 stone as men do by and large lose much quicker than women.

I have seen women who are very tall lose constantly 1 1/2 stone a month but it still slows down as they near their goal weight.

A woman can retain water due to hormones and it can show as a gain by as much as 10lbs. But around 5lbs. seems to be the norm.

The best way to gauge your own weight loss is to keep a weekly record and look at it over the months and you will see your own weekly or monthly average as time goes by.

Hope that helps.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini...excellent advice.

However, how about people who are short do they still lose a good amount of weight a month? (very short here)

I am 5' 4" very small frame.

My weight loss when I first started was better than this time as I am down five stone.

My losses for the first few weeks when I began were...

-10lb
-5lb
-3lb
-3lb
-4lb
-1lb
-4lb
-2lb
-5lb
-2lb
-1lb
-3lb
-3lb
-2lb
-2lb
-2lb
-2lb
-4lb
-2lb
-2lb
-2lb
-3lb
-2lb

Now I am back on SSing and I expect to be at goal by end of April:rolleyes:

06.01.07 : 00..............195lbs. START
13.01.07 : 10..............185lbs. First weeks loss.
20.01.07 : 03..............182lbs. Second week....
27.01.07 : 02..............180lbs. Third week......
03.02.07 : 1.5.............178.5.lbs. Fourth week...total 16.5lbs

As you can see it is much slower and one reason is that I do not have as much to lose and second of all I was doing more walking and as such I am back this week out walking and doing more exercise, but not over doing it either.

Compared to WW these losses are wonderful.

It took me 10 weeks to lose 10lbs. doing WW and I did it religiously to the points. It does work but having so much too lose I felt I needed something faster and I find I like the freedom away from food.

Also it has turned out that my psoriasis is so much better and Ilike doing it as it agrees with me, I have learned not to compare my wieght loss with others this is after letting my chatter box convince me I was getting nowhere and I broke my diet....

The chatter box is beginning to lose its hold over me which is a big thing.

I look at my weight loss journey as ongoing and a life change as well. Takes longer than you can imagine, well for me anyway to change old habits that had taken hold.

My family has changed their eating habits and this is a big help to me also.

I have no more excuses:rolleyes: :eek:

Hope this helps.

Love Mini xxx

mini, im not even 5"4

around 5"2 - not more!!!

excellent results - keep it up.

thank you for all ur help ;))

I have not heard of anyone being slower than me...but I guess there is always a first time:)

I am 5 foot tall only, and my losses overall have been slower than the others in my class, however I still lose lots, and it probably works out about 12 pounds a month for me and I am happy enough with that.

The fact is, this IS the FASTEST way to lose weight whatever your height. It will demoralise you to compare, so don't!!

Mags
xxx

Im suffering with the loo prob at the min cos have had too much water flavourings!
Do you use these Jenna?

yeah another 5 footer!! Must remember not to compare myself to others as guess his can be fatal...do the flavors have laxative in then?

Hi Jenna

I've also found that I have sudden attacks of being very runny in the loo department followed by perfectly normal movements. Initially I blamed the water as I'm aiming at 5 to 6 litres every day - the more you drink, the more you shrink! If only that were true for alcohol, sigh. :eek:

I think it may also be linked to how often you are "treating" the packs ie making muffins, poppadums etc, as I'm not using the water flavourings.

If it happens again (only really this week so far - my week three/four) then I may attack the fibre gel - I'll let you know how it goes!

C

hi Vorlina.

well, yesterday my LLC said that the water flavourings and toffee bars might be the cause.

nothing alarming though..

hope it goes better for you...

Back