more syns?

jayde1148

Gold Member
Just wondered how many of the heavier sw followers had been told the can have more syns and do you use the max? My consultant said I could have up to 20 every day? Have not used them so far but wondered if anyone else has had this advice? X

I have 15 syns every day.

I follow EE but hate the 1 hex b. I can manage with 1 hex a but find it a challenge with the b's. I therefore have 2 hex b's but count the syns so I start each day counting 6 syns for the extra hex b and then I have another 9 so I am having 15 syns per day on EE plan and my last few weeks losses have been 3lbs,3lbs,3.5lbs,3lbs,2lbs so it feels about right for me.

Lucia Lucia said:
I have 15 syns every day.

I follow EE but hate the 1 hex b. I can manage with 1 hex a but find it a challenge with the b's. I therefore have 2 hex b's but count the syns so I start each day counting 6 syns for the extra hex b and then I have another 9 so I am having 15 syns per day on EE plan and my last few weeks losses have been 3lbs,3lbs,3.5lbs,3lbs,2lbs so it feels about right for me.

Thanks Lucia x

I remember once my consultant telling me that she gets told to offer this advice to larger members upon arival but she never does as she said she think it would be rude. And I kinda agree with her tbh! But wha I'm trying to say is its obviously a real slimming world thing and not something your c has made up :D

ransom-x said:
I remember once my consultant telling me that she gets told to offer this advice to larger members upon arival but she never does as she said she think it would be rude. And I kinda agree with her tbh! But wha I'm trying to say is its obviously a real slimming world thing and not something your c has made up :D

I was told the same thing when I joined class. Some days last week I had 16/17 syns a day and still lost 5lb. I assume as you lose weight you should decrease the syns though, not sure when as I follow the plan at home now.

Tazzy x

Yes it's true that consultants have the discretion to give members with more weight to lose some more syns. That said I've never seen in the group I was in although some people on here have been given 20 a day.

Because Im quite big I have between 15 and 20 most days, when I start to lose weight im going to decrease this though, baby steps.

I considered myself big, I mean I think I'm the biggest person (bar 1 maybe) that goes to the group I just joined, no extra though! I tend to use 11 syns a day, 13 - 15 if I've treated myself - my bloke says that his last consultant advised men could have 20 syns due to processing it all differently to women though *shrugs*

I was told I could have up to 20 syns a day but I tend to stick to around 15. I don't worry if I go slightly over though.

Ive been told I can have 15 a day but no I tend not to use mine.

If i do, its for something essential. Like baking soda, cornflour as a thickener and wine.

I was never told that I could have more than 15 syns... It always stick to anywhere between 5 -15. I tend to average at about 13 most days.

xx

I was a C in the not to distant past and was trained to offer members the option of more syns based on there weight when they first join (15st +). I did always find it a little uncomfortable but the chances of long-term success for them was more likely if they used the extra syns. Perhaps because they would have already had to make huge changes in their diet.
My c says 10 for girlies & 15 for the boys as standard
As far as I am aware this is not what SW say, or it would be in our books. Everyone can choose between 5 and 15. We were told to aim for 10. This safeguards your loss from any hidden ones plus you can always reduce them to 5-10 if you need to as you near target.
Plus my DH would be allowed more treats than me and I'm not having that. :D

Back