More Water = Bigger Loss??????

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Alright guys!

So is it actually true, the more water you drink the more weight you lose????
I was struggling last week to make 2ltrs a day - now have a goal of 3ltrs a day and 4 at weekends. Is this going to make me heavier cuz im drinking so much?!!?!! i just dont understand how drinking more makes you lose more! :eek:

Anyone care to explain?
Be much appreciated! :)

more you drink the more you will we out and seen as we all know whats in our wee on this diet it is essentially correct lol

although depends coming to weigh in weather and how much water you are retaining although cant see it making a huge difference

So when we wee we are getting rid of what exactly? fat?

yep basically! x

Hopefully. I'm also trying to increase my water intake to 3 litres. I make my shakes up with 1 pint of water and have a couple of cups of black tea. Not easy but found drinking warm water easier. Xx

Yes hun, the fat is broken down, burned off and then excreted in your wee. The more you drink, the more it helps this process x x x

So is it actually true, the more water you drink the more weight you lose????

No. It's a myth.
i just dont understand how drinking more makes you lose more! :eek:
That's because it doesn't :D

Anyone care to explain?
Be much appreciated! :)
The rumour came about because some guy suggest everyone drink 8 glasses of water and that it could help with weight loss, so people got on the bandwagon and decided that 2X, 3X etc more water would result in an even bigger loss.

Fluid is important though. Drink to your diets guidelines and more if you are thirsty:)

So i doesnt wash away the ketones and make us loose more weight???

il stick to my 2 litres then! xx

This is my second time (planned) on LT.

First time round I lost 5 1/2 st in 9 weeks, I believe it is down to how much water I drank.

I would say between 2lts and 3lts is plenty, too much water can be bad for you and even be fatal, and dont drink it all at once, space it out.

Good luck honey!

So i doesnt wash away the ketones and make us loose more weight???

Theoretically that could happen, but no studies have proved it.

Having said that, it is important to keep well hydrated on any ketogenic diet because ketosis can be dehydrating. This is probably why diets such as these give a recommended amount you need to drink unlike many other non-ketogenic diets where fluids don't get a mention except in calorific terms.

Oh and BTW, ketones are released through the breath aswell, so may I suggust some heavy breathing :D

haha im going to walk roud panting, and drinkin gallons so i piddle 6 times an hour!!

Thanks for that KD you have cleared a few things up there!! xx

haha lauren!
Thanks guys :D

Rodders!!! lol

haha yer name reminds me of Rodney from only fools and when i think of that i think of Rodders!! lol

:eek::eek::eek::eek: i didnt mean it like that! lol :eek::eek:

Back