Morning! New to SW and not going to class

lshafik

Hi,

i know you will think it's crazy but I am new to slimming world, have never been to class, sort of relying on my partners knowledge to get me through but I actually think some help might be needed.

I am 21st 6.5lbs as of this morning and I am only 5ft 2. I am happy with my size but I want children so the choice to do something healthy and help to get my body ready for pregnancy is from today.

I can't go to classes as my job takes me world wide and I don't know where I will be week on week so I wanted to make sure I was able to do something which would be flexible with that.

A few years ago I lost quite a lot of weight on WW but for whatever reason I feel miserable when I have to count everything, I become a point obsessive and it's quite limiting sometimes.

So, with that in mind, I think I know the plan now...I understand the concept of 1/3 2/3 and I get the free foods aspect and the eating when full idea but what I don't know is how my Syns per day are caluculated.

We are assuming it is 15 Syns per day, however I don't want to assume anything.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi there,

I am starting SW today too. I'm 5ft 2 and my start weight was 20st10 so pretty similar. I now weigh 17st 11 after a year of calorie counting and 5:2. I've decided to join SW as I recently got married and want to start TTC a baby. I feel SW is more sustainable and healthy for this.

I can't go to class either as we just can't afford it right now (paying the wedding off and I've just been made redundant) I'd love to be your buddy if you fancy it?

Thanks

Daisy

I think it would be a good idea to go and join (dont know if any offers on at mo) and have the first weeks new member talk. You dont need to go back after that but at least the basics would be explained to you properly

Hi there,

I am starting SW today too. I'm 5ft 2 and my start weight was 20st10 so pretty similar. I now weigh 17st 11 after a year of calorie counting and 5:2. I've decided to join SW as I recently got married and want to start TTC a baby. I feel SW is more sustainable and healthy for this.

I can't go to class either as we just can't afford it right now (paying the wedding off and I've just been made redundant) I'd love to be your buddy if you fancy it?

Thanks

Daisy

Woohoo! Why not :) X

This morning, dry cornflakes, grapes and 2 cups of tea.

Lunch, Tuna and egg pasta salad with 5 syns of salad cream

Dinner tonight, Potato skins with bacon and cheese with roast mix veg.

Leah

I think it would be a good idea to go and join (dont know if any offers on at mo) and have the first weeks new member talk. You dont need to go back after that but at least the basics would be explained to you properly

I agree with this. You'll need to know a bit more about Healthy Extras and what they actually consist of - we're not allowed (obviously) to post lists and lists of these. You can have between 5-15 syns per day. Lots of people use them for treats and others (like me) tend to use them either on alcohol (ha!) or for ingredients in meals and sauces (like ketchup for example).

Definitely worth considering joining up online if you can't attend classes. I personally find it a bit expensive for what you actually get (The food diary is a bit rubbish and the syns finder can also be a bit hit and miss) BUT it does mean that you'll learn the plan and be able to keep on top of any changes.

I have the books. My friend is a SW member and reached target in such a short space of time - it really inspired me.

Leah, love the sound of the potato skins! Today I've had/am having:

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix, 200mls SS milk (healthy extras) and a banana
Lunch - Salad with boiled egg and 2 tbsp of salsa (0.5 Syns)
Dinner - Will be spicy tomato chicken pasta bake with peppers, onion and mushrooms (5 syns for cheese)
Snacks - 2 plums

I dont have time to get to class and I signed up to the plan online, yes it is a little expensive but I find the fact I need to weigh in and enter the weight inspiring and keeps me on track. I also love being able to check syns online to make sure I am calculating them right.

I joined slimming world last night at a group, on day 1 and feeling good! I won't be going back to the meetings though, I suffer with severe anxiety and sitting through image therapy and having over 20+ people in the group really panicked me! Hoping to find lots of support here though! :)

Hi Lisa and Nicola

I wish I could afford to join online, I bet it's very motivating and handy to have all the info at your fingertips! I have my weekly weigh in on my Wii Fit board and find that helps keep me motivated.

Sian - Well done for going to the group! That must have been so difficult for you so well done. We are similar weights/heights, would you like to buddy up too?

My meal plan today looks like this:

Breakfast - Nothing (wasn't hungry)
Lunch - Aldi Sesame Crispbreads x3 (HEB) with lettuce, red pepper, gherkin, pastrami and reduced fat hummus (1.5 syns)
Dinner - Chicken Katsu Curry with baby corn, onion, peppers and rice.

Snacks - Will have 2 tangerines, apple, 2 plums and a Dairylea Strip Cheese (HEA)

Hey!

Good luck everyone!

Today was fruit salad for brekkers.

Lunch - Noodle Soup and Grapes 0 syns

Dinner - Spaghetti Bolognes - not got lean mince so it's 3 syns but I have more than enough. Might have some cheese with it. :)

I haven't felt hungry but I do have a headache.

I don't have sugar but I did have sweets a lot so I think that is the contributor. I have drunk a lot of water today.

Hi daisy! Definitely up for buddying up! First day has been good so far, had weetabix and low fat yoghurt (2 syns) for breakfast with an apple, lunch is tuna pasta with apple, grapes and strawberry all free yay! Also drank 2 litres of water so that's good! :)

lshafik I hope your headache goes soon. Your meals sound yummy. I love a bit of cheese sprinkled on spagbol! Will probably have that for dinner tomorrow. I don't have any lean mince either but I always drain and blot any fat - will syn it too.

Sian Sounds like you're off to a great start. What are you having for dinner?

I'm struggling with the water, I have a 1.5l bottle and I've not even drank half yet!

Hey Daisy,

How are you today?

Today I am having:

Journey to work: Latte McDonalds - 7syns

B: Overnight Oats with Blueberries, Natural Fat Free Yogurt and 27g Oats - HEX B

L: Spag bol (left over from last night) 1.5 Syns plus 30g Cheddar Cheese - HEX A

D: Cottage Pie 3 syns plus butter and milk for mash 2.5 syns

Total Syns 14

Leah :)

Hi Leah

I love the sound of your overnight oats, is it as simple as it sounds? Have you started TTC yet or are you waiting? We got married a month ago but were trying a while before that. Hopefully me losing weight and eating better will work.

Breakfast: Apple, 2 tangerines, 2 plums
Lunch: Bacon and boiled egg salad
Dinner: Spag bol (3 syns)
Supper: Weetabix and milk (HEs) with banana

Total syns: 3 (Trying to keep it low as we are having our wedding party at the weekend and I want to enjoy myself and not worry too much)

Hi Leah

I love the sound of your overnight oats, is it as simple as it sounds? Have you started TTC yet or are you waiting? We got married a month ago but were trying a while before that. Hopefully me losing weight and eating better will work.

Breakfast: Apple, 2 tangerines, 2 plums
Lunch: Bacon and boiled egg salad
Dinner: Spag bol (3 syns)
Supper: Weetabix and milk (HEs) with banana

Total syns: 3 (Trying to keep it low as we are having our wedding party at the weekend and I want to enjoy myself and not worry too much)

The overnight oats were really easy - I did layer of natural fat free yog, blueberries then a 3rd of oats and repeated process then put in the fridge!

Done!

As we are both female we have not yet decided who is having the child or how we are going to do it but the first step is our health and then in a years time looking at speaking to docs regarding a baby and who is best suited to have one, then it's the decision on what we're going to do. x

Oh I will try the oats next week...sounds delicious!

Best of luck to you and your partner when you get to that point! It's lovely that you have someone to share the journey with. Me and DH have been trying (but not taking it seriously) for a while now.

Yesterday I had 8 syns in total as I had a 2 finger kitkat.

Today looks like:

Breakfast: Fruit (same as yesterday)
Lunch: Egg salad
Dinner: Risotto with lean ham, onion, peas and peppers, plus cheese (5 syns)
Supper: 2 Weetabix, milk (HEs) and a banana

Total syns: 5

How are you getting along Sian? x

Last edited:
Back