Moroccan Turkey Meatballs

Found this recipe in my Good Food Magazine, ideal for PP days or PV with a tasty cucumber & coriander salad!
Enjoy!
Moroccan Turkey Meatballs
Serves 4

500g pack turkey mince
2 tsp each of chilli powder, ground cumin, ground coriander
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 onion coarsely grated
zest 1 orange then peeled and orange segments chopped
(I would also add some salt)

In a big bowl mix the mince, spices, onion & orange zest together really well with your hands. Roll the mixture in to about 20 walnut sized meatballs
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan (wipe with kitchen paper to remove excess oil) and fry the meatballs, turning regularly until browned all over and cooked through.
Serve with a dollop of 0% fat Greek yoghurt

YUMMY!!!
:D

Sounds really good... But did I read the recipe right about using orange segments? Just coz we can't have orange during cruise. Suppose we could do it without x

Sorry, the full recipe was for turkey meatballs with a citrus couscous salad... where the orange segments came in...
I just made the meatballs. Don't know if technically we're allowed the zest but really!!!
Def would suggest making it though! Could also add some water to make a ragu-type meal! Was Very Very tasty!!!
A damn sight better than cold chicken breast anyway!!!

Mmmm cous cous! I love turkey meatballs! They sound cool and yeah well better than cold chicken! I assume we would be allowed the zest as it won't have any sugar in it surely. I dunno lol. I doubt it is a problem tho x

I can't imagine it is! But DEFINITELY worth doing they were grand! Plus can make patties out of them for the summer BBQ season (here's hoping...)
Very tasty!

Back