Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Moron question about loin of pork recipe

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by ermintrude, 15 June 2011 Social URL.

1. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hello, I was thinking of trying the pork with bacon & sage stuffing on p 56 of this month's magazine but as I hardly ever eat meat I am a total moron about what sort of pork loin I should get.

It says "lean pork roasting loin" (obviously all visible fat removed). In Tesco they have pork loin steak or pork loin joint - I assume it's the joint I want? They only have the one joint, so if I get that do I have to take off all the skin etc before I cook it? Or is it a possibility to take the skin off after, and how many sins would it cost me if I did it this way? Or is it an option to use steak and roll it up as mini individual portions, or would that be a totally mad/impossible idea?

Sorry this is a total moron question but I hardy ever eat meat other than chicken and I dont remember the last time I had pork, not since I was a kid and I have NEVER cooked pork myself in my life :eek: Even when I eat chicken it's only chicken breast, I dont do all this half-an-animal jobbie :confused::D

Thanks for any help!:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ginlin

ginlin Better to Drink your Syns

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The recipe in the mag is using a loin joint, and only the lean section of it.
    My own opinion is that unless you were very careful cooking it, it would become very dry to eat.
    I cook pork loin joints at least once a week to feed the family, and try to buy the leanest, and only british. To help reduce the fat, I score it finely and salt it well, sometimes I cheat and eat the fat for my portion, sometimes I don't.

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Ah thanks very much ginlin :) The fat/skin on the outside is the crackling bit right? Agghh I think if I had anything like that around I couldn't resist making crackling and scoffing the lot :eek: What if I cut it all off and cooked the meat in foil until near the end, would it still be too dry do you think? Thats generally how I cook my chicken.

mmm maybe I should give the recipe a miss, Ill either scoff the lot or entirely catastrophise it :rolleyes:

5. hazysummer

hazysummer Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    not a moron question - and good on you for wanting to try something new!
    sorry I can't help about the cut of meat, haven't lived in the UK for years!

6. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Ah cheers, I try and have one or two new recipes a week and the the others I just stick to a regular curry, roast veggies and a couple of veggie salad things. Some of my recipes are total disasters:D But I occasionally come across a gem, like those spicy brochettes and tandoori chicken with mint sauce thingies.

Going to try making this Thai Massaman curry out of a food mag on Saturday I think, using that coconut milk someone posted on here t'other day, I found some in Tesco so gonna give it a go :)

I've stuck a loin of pork on my Tesco order now so may or may not turn into an entire crackling myself by Sunday:eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.