Mothers Day Help!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Kikikisses, 13 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Kikikisses

Kikikisses Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know many of you on here are mothers, some even mothers of mothers and I would like your advice.

As a broke student I can't afford to lavish my mother with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Instead I considered cooking her something or doing the house work for the whole day but I know I'm rubbish at cooking and she's very particular about how the house work is done so she still wouldn't relax :(

Any ideas on things I can do for her/make for her would be helpful :)

I've already set about making her a card.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know it's along the lines as a card, but see if you can find a poem online that tells your mother how much she means to you. I don't think any of us tell our mother's how much they mean to us as much as we should.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Does she have a garden that might need tidying up, or perhaps you could buy a few seeds to put in for her, so that she can look at them as they grow and think of you (even if they are just in a pot on the windowsill if she doesn't have a garden) x

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Give her your undivided attention!

Explain that you can't afford to spend any money (I guess she probably already knows that!) but offer her a day, or half a day, or whatever, when you can be with her and do whatever she wants. Put it in writing if you like - a card saying "I promise to give you xxxx hours of my time to spend any way you like".

6. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    And if you can't afford a bouquet - can you afford a bunch of daffodils? It really is the thought that counts.

7. Kikikisses

Kikikisses Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The daffodils don't really seem to be out yet but thank you all for your lovely advice, I'll definitely take note. I've finished her card and ordered her fave movie from play so we can have some girly time in the week and watch it. I shall make sure she knows how important she is and make her a hot drink in the morning so she doesn't have to get up early :)

8. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    you can buy daffs in the shops for as little as £1

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.