Mothers Day Help!

Kikikisses

Silver Member
I know many of you on here are mothers, some even mothers of mothers and I would like your advice.

As a broke student I can't afford to lavish my mother with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Instead I considered cooking her something or doing the house work for the whole day but I know I'm rubbish at cooking and she's very particular about how the house work is done so she still wouldn't relax :(

Any ideas on things I can do for her/make for her would be helpful :)

I've already set about making her a card.

I know it's along the lines as a card, but see if you can find a poem online that tells your mother how much she means to you. I don't think any of us tell our mother's how much they mean to us as much as we should.

Does she have a garden that might need tidying up, or perhaps you could buy a few seeds to put in for her, so that she can look at them as they grow and think of you (even if they are just in a pot on the windowsill if she doesn't have a garden) x

Give her your undivided attention!

Explain that you can't afford to spend any money (I guess she probably already knows that!) but offer her a day, or half a day, or whatever, when you can be with her and do whatever she wants. Put it in writing if you like - a card saying "I promise to give you xxxx hours of my time to spend any way you like".

The daffodils don't really seem to be out yet but thank you all for your lovely advice, I'll definitely take note. I've finished her card and ordered her fave movie from play so we can have some girly time in the week and watch it. I shall make sure she knows how important she is and make her a hot drink in the morning so she doesn't have to get up early :)

Back