Mothers day....

There is no way I will break this diet just for 1 day. There are so many other ways my kids (and hubby) show me they care every day of the year. This is the beginning of the rest of my life and hopefully by getting this weight off I will live a bit longer and have a few more Mothers days than I would if I stayed the weight I am now. Sorry if that sounds a bit preachy but I feel really strongly that we get trapped into this emotional pattern that love is shown to ourselves and from others through food. Be more imaginative - it will open up a whole new world of possibilities.

Sorry for your loss Vicky (great weight loss by the way)

As for re-feeding for mothers day I think it is up to you, it is hard to just get straight back on it for a lot of people, but I know others who can do it no problem so maybe it depends on your own strengths. Main point is to have a lovely family day together.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION, IT IS NOT A BIGGY ONE WAY OR THE OTHER

Jo x

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the nice replys,it will be hard and ill be taking up her fave flowers to her on the sunday morning.She only passed in november.We was very close,never a day went by were we did speak.

Just to add dont come off hun,i know its a special day for you and you children but do something else like goto the farm park or swimming so they dont remember you not eating just the happy day out :) plus its sooooooooooooo hard to get back into it again,trust me i know i took a break and have been taking breaks ever since!

i think if thats what you and your son and hubby always do and you want to you should go for it i would do anything to keep my son happy so its up 2 you hun.
because you also have to see that the day would be different for him as the routine has changed

It's a challange alright, I'm taking my pregnant daughter over to her Grans this Sunday and I'm doing the cooking to take down to her !!! She would only make me feel guilty if I didnt eat what SHE cooked for me. Making a chicken casserole and making a raspberry Pavlova. Mum bough me a Kitchen Aid Food mixer a few weeks ago and i HAVE to make something to say I've used it!!!!!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have just had a huge boost on my week 3 weigh in so I think I will carry on with the diet as I dont think I could eat just one meal and then go back to no meals. Thanks for all the opinions.

Back