Motivation gone. Please help

rosierose15

Silver Member
I was 1 pound from target and was opening up my own slimming world group in janurary. Focussing on that was helping my depression and I felt so motivated to stay slim to show how well the plan works. Due to hand over my franchise money on sunday but after more reads of my paper work and doing my sums it would take very long to make back my money after slimming world and the tax man had a cut.

So nothing to look forward to nothing to keep me motivated nothing to take my mind off other things. I feel very very deflated I don't even want to diet for myself. So I ate Chinese and chocolate now I feel like absolute crap!!

:(

You've done amazingly well. I'd be euphoric if I was a lb off target. Maybe you need to look in other directions for things to look forward to and remember you lost the weight FOR YOU - not for others. Keep motivated for you ((hugs)) and remember how well you have done to get where you are. Something else will come along.

Okay so you have had some bad news and had a little blip! Thats okay, it happens to all of us!
Don't ruin your weight loss now. Forget about the bad food you've just eaten and focus on planning some great food optimising meals for the rest of the week!
You will be fine!
Try and get out and do some exercise even if its just going for a walk - it always makes me feel better! xxx

Awww thanks guys. It's amazing how one meal can make your head feel. Looking in the mirror it looks like I've put on a stone but I know it's all psychological x

Hey Rosie, sorry to hear about the franchise thing, I am not sure how it all works but no doubt the SW folk like to make some money on it and the tax man certainly enjoys his cut. That being said it doesnt have to be all about money, if you can make a little and share with the guys and girls who come to the club your fantastic story and achievement then you will help so many people, this will motivate you, you earn a few sheckles more, more people come and so the wheel goes round.

Perhaps your gift and legacy to the place is your success.

Hey Rosie, I remember reading your posts about going for the SW interview and how excited you were that you'd got the post. It wasn't about the money it was, IS, about helping other people to have that amazing feeling that you get being in control and losing weight.

I don't think your going to make your millions being a SW cons. But you can be rich in other ways, looking at a room full of people with big smiles on their faces cause they have lost the weight they never thought they would and knowing that YOU helped them do that. Don't think about the money at the moment (I know it's hard this is coming from someone who is totally skint all the time!) think about how much you love SW and how you really want to help others. If your enthusiasm shines through your members will talk to their friends and they will join and so on and before you know it you'll have a successful group where you are making some money.

As for your little chinese / chocolate blip! Enjoy it - forget it! Think about the advice you would give to someone in your group who came to you with the same problem. Take your own advice and move on. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

This is true thank u.

After speaking around to my team developer and my consultant they have assured me every step of the way to help me get my money back. So I'm thinking I might do it. It was never for the money just for the passion of slimmig world and helping people lose weight. But at the same time I still want to to Atleast break even I don't want to lose money

I can completely understand why you wouldn't want to be out of pocket doing it Rosie and I think that's fair enough. Yes you want to help people and yes you will be fantastic at doing it, but at the same time you can't afford to be a charity and spend lots of money in doing so.
I'd love to be a consultant myself but would want to make some money out of it and def wouldn't want to be constantly spending my own money on it. My boyfriend doesn't work so I can spend his money on helping other people.
Same as how I want to work in a school, I love helping children and really enjoy it, I don't mind that I'll never make a fortune out of it and I don't mind volunteering at the moment, but eventually I do want to get paid for all my trouble. In this day and age not many people can afford to do things for free, never mind at their own cost.

I'm glad to hear your consultant and developer are behind you. Are you def going to go for it then?

My developer is going to call me again today at 4. I just have a few more questions. But I really really want to do it. I also work In the care industry massively underpaid for what I do but I do it because I love my clients and it's a rewarding job. Money doesn't drive me if I just earn back what I spend out for the lisence I'll b happy x

Hey hun

I too suffer with depression and I know it's not a nive feeling, some days I'm really happy and others I just hate everything etc and feel like there's no hope.

I know becoming a consultant is not easy and it does take time to build up the members and get money back etc but I'm sure it is rewarding at the same time.

Im sure you have all your friends and family right behind you to help you along the way.

Keep your chin up Hun and lets hope this is a just a one off :)

Im here for you f you ever want to talk.

Stacey xxx

Aw Rosie hun, sorry to hear about all this. BUT I am sure if you decide to go ahead you will eventually build up your member numbers. My c was only talking about this the other day, it takes time but eventually you will make a decent amount of money if youre any good, and I have no doubt that you are from your posts on here. You have a passion for S W, no one will take that away from you!!! With patience and determination you will achieve your goal, I dont doubt that. I just wish I could help you by attending your group but that isnt possible, the only other way I can help is by posting replies to your posts and support you in that way. And remember, you have to speculate to accumulate!!! You will do well, sending positive hugs and vibes :)

Back