Motivation help

fionao

Hey ladies, ive not been on for awhile, I just keep losing interest and dont seem to be getting anywhere fast.
Id been doing it from home and decided to join class again about 2 months ago, i lost very slowly about 8lbs and i just had a weeks holiday and have nearly had 2 weeks of been terrible:sigh:
I just seem to have no motivation, I want to lose every week and be a bit slimmer by xmas.
Am i the only one who sabotages everything then feels terrible then eats more because i feel terrible.

Thats a bit of a ramble but just wanted to write it down and see if others feel the same
xx

Hi hun, know how you feel, its taken me a long time to get into the right mindset!!

I think it helps me to remind myself of why i wanna do this. Write yourself a list of all the reasons why you wanna do sw - mine is to lose weight for my hols, but i also wanna be in good shape to start a family soon. For me sticking to plan is more than losing weight, its about eating healthier and feeling better ib myself.

Well done for coming back :)

At least you have identified a pattern and can recognise when it is going to go wrong.

I try to brush my teeth if I feel a craving as this stops me eating - can't enjoy crisps if all I can taste is Sensodyne! Keep an idea of how you want to look in your head and think of it everytime you feel like going off plan.

Good luck! :)

Hi fionao, that could have been me writing that post, I'm in the exact same boat, I'm so good for a couple of days and then it all goes to pot, it's like my mind is trained to sabotage any weight loss I have. I'm never goin to get into the plan properly until I get my head in the right place.

Hi Fionao, It's the same old problem that befalls us all from time to time unfortunately! All the writing lists or buying that new dress or whatever it is that we try to put in front of ourselves, just doesn't seem to do the trick, does it?

Soo, what to do? If someone could box that it would make a fortune.... :D
What works for one person doesn't always work for someone else, does it?

Relaxation is, in my book, one of the most fundamental ways to help keep the mind on track. Not being able to stop from eating all those goodies is a sure sign of stress or boredom and that's what needs to be addressed.
I noticed that you are a "stay at home mum" ... does that mean you have a very limited social life? Or perhaps stuck indoors a lot with a young family?
Perhaps that may be what needs some attention.
I do hope you will soon find some way of beating those blues and getting that "slimmer you" very soon.

Take care and all the very best to you...:)

Back